Main Menu

Re-Evaluating Top 10?

Started by firebox, October 07, 2004, 08:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incite

Quote from: Dummkopf
QuoteSo, tell me how do you control your aggro? Judging from your magelo you cant do more than abour 150 dps yourself anyway and "controlling" your aggro would mean to gimp that even further.

My magelo is way out of date.  Don't ask me how much DPS I do, I don't parse stuff anymore.

Quote from: Dummkopf
QuoteThe only way we can control our aggro at the moment reliably is to switch off attack and never cast a spell.

I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times in the last year I've had to turn off attack and stop casting.

How to learn to control aggro:  Play a ranger before they put Jolt in (which was completely un-needed).
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

Tastian

"Don't ask me how much DPS I do, I don't parse stuff anymore. "

This is the problem with beastlords though.  We don't have a linear line that plots out aggro and dps.  I know beastlords that do 50dps less than I do and yank aggro 20 times a night.  Our poison dots are too much aggro for the damage.  Weapon procs which make up a large portion of our dps are more aggro than doing the same damage via melee, and are also random.  I don't know how many times I've had a MT call assist and I've moved into melee range, cast a nuke and proceeded to have back to back to back procs.  You just can't control it.  

Everyones answer to the ED is "bag it" that's great, but you are also bagging dps. When was the last time you saw a rogue have to bag a 21 dmg piercer and go down to an 18 dmg one because they were pulling too much aggro?  I have gone entire raids without casting a single slow, without using a single dot, making certain to never assist before it was called and still pulled aggro off the MT.  Not always, not constantly, but it happens and it simply shouldn't in most cases.  A beastlord putting out 250dps shouldn't be getting smeared over a rog/wiz doing 500+.