Main Menu

Omens utility...

Started by Tastian, October 11, 2004, 09:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojoejojo

My apologies Tastian, for turning this thread in an un-intended direction.  I'd love to see (maybe I'll even start) a thread to continue in the direction this one was going.   :wink:  

Things I see that would help Beast Lords, but not unbalance things:

1.  A malx type spell, even if it is a direct copy and paste of Malo.
2.  SA should be brought from 10/10 to 11/11.  Its not a big difference, but it will be a reasonable upgrade for the mana from SD, also extending the duration a reasonable ammount.
3.  My wifes 67 ranger still loves getting fero, especially since my FA dosnt stack with her dog form.  Mana cost and recast time strike me as a bit high for Fero, and FoR, the level 70 version.  (I wish my Avatar was as good tho.   :lol: )

Nonposter, in answer to your question, yes, I could stack more than 4 dots, but pretty soon, it becomes a factor of maintaining the dots on the mob.  Shamans best dots run for about 6-8 tics, and take relatively long, in the range of 5-6 seconds each, 10 seconds for epic 1.0.  Once I get mu GoD and OoW spells, my DPS will go up by about 20DPS, but the short duration keeps me from running too many.  In the typical exp group, or raid trash clearing, dots are largely useless.  sometimes, mobs drop so quick, I sometimes cannot even cast and land a nuke before the mob drops.  Basicly, Shaman DPS has to ratchet up over 20 - 30 seconds, while BL DPS,  can go from stand still to wide open pretty quick.

As a side question, when we droped Xegony the other night, she droped a 20 damage 19 delay h2h monk/BL weapon.  How much of an upgrade would this be for BLs out there?  I know the BL that got it, was pretty happy.   :D

(edited for obvious gramatical and punctuation errors.)
Mojoejojo
67 Shaman
Torvonillous

Taiglin

"...when we droped Xegony...How much of an upgrade would this be for BLs out there?"

Ohh the pot you stir lol.

How about a Beastlord ability to shrink people who are in a raid but not in our group and that can't shrink themselves. Was trying to think of a non buff slot taker and this was the only thing I could think of. Gads that would be helpful though. Beyond that is there really an extention of single buffs anymore really? Even 2 boxing I so looked forward to IoS as it would cut down my self buffs...and add one effect. I never used a str buff growing up even though both toons got it (dru bot) simply because in the fight for space I didn't deem it high enough value.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Graace

"...when we droped Xegony...How much of an upgrade would this be for BLs out there?"

For a bst going from BOT level to EP level, it's a relatively descent boost, but the problem we've been talking about isn't so much the EP era, it's beyond and into time, then KT, Qvic, Inukta, Tacvi, OOW...
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus

Bengali

Quote from: Graace"...when we droped Xegony...How much of an upgrade would this be for BLs out there?"

For a bst going from BOT level to EP level, it's a relatively descent boost, but the problem we've been talking about isn't so much the EP era, it's beyond and into time, then KT, Qvic, Inukta, Tacvi, OOW...

Technically, the problem is at every level, although the later zones are where you notice it more.

The Xeg fists are a nice upgrade to melee for a bst at that level.  They are a nice upgrade to melee for monks at that level too.

The issue is that the bst only gets a melee upgrade from the fists, while pet and spell damage stays the same.  For a monk, that melee upgrade is much more complete, because melee is the source of a monk's damage.  The only spell damage a monk has is from procs, and it's very possible that the Xeg fists would even be a proc upgrade for a monk at that level (it's more damage than battle fists or WLK for example).
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Graace

Sadly, SOE doesn't seem too interested in scaling a pet as much as we might like to think they might.  The focii seem to mean rather little in the grand scheme of how much of a dps boost the pet recieves... Mages have been screaming and whining for pet scaling for a LONG LONG time and I don't think we're going to see it happen, even if it's in the top 10.  It's about 10x easier to put people in line with nukes (for mages) and melee for melee classes.

Perhaps another way to scale things might be for pets to gain a dam/delay matching the master's just perhaps at a slightly different scale (not sure how it would alter things if pet had matching dmg/delay, I think as warriors they'd have a very different damage table, but at the same time, that could be wrong).  However, if mage pets scaled the same way as ours, in that event--then it'd be way out of whack, mage and necro pets would both have to scale differently somehow, perhaps by amount of AA.  They pick things based on how it affects their spells, we pick things by dmg/delay.  Pet Focii seem to mainly affect max hit and pet hp without significantly affecting either and then pet regen.
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus