Main Menu

Current Top 10 list

Started by Tastian, November 24, 2004, 07:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhoam

Hmm, maybe we could ask them for the same group form of Ios that we told them we didnt need before DoN and that they subsequently made into a nice heal spell?

Jkal_Shihar

ya mean the Heal spell that barely anyone I know still has yet  :-D
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Iskandar

Quote from: Rhoam on June 09, 2005, 02:52:35 PM
...ask them for the same group form of Ios that we told them we didnt need...

What's this "we" stuff? :wink:  Some of us argued in support of the group buff :)
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Gotog Ironskull

Any thing new with Healing is out we just got upgraded.  I would like to see a group haste and or a group IoS.  I highly dought were going to get anything that breaks the Stats Cap thoe.  But being able to haste or IoS my group with 1 cast would be nice.

We told them that the Group IoS was usless for the beastlords that could get to where it droped.   It should of never been a GoD level only Spell.  Most Beastlords and there groups at the time this was released were already MAX stats buffed when entering KT events. 

Gotog IronSkull
70 Oger Beastlord
Me Droppings

Peteums

Group Spells Ferocity Line--- That will definatly add to our desirability, don't know about you all but I still have problems finding groups, unless I form my own, desirability seems to be an issue, our Ferocity line of spells would actually be worth more than just using on raids, if they were group casts, or at least if the killed the recast timer on it, and made it last longer that would help alot.

Tastian

The sony boards were hating me for a bit, but the issue has been resolved.  There will probably be a few changes to the top 10 list this time around, so please feel free to just add ideas to this thread for now.  Somethings have already been commented on, but any new ideas or variations please feel free to add them. 

hakaaba

I agree, the pet heal is acceptable as it is.  Actually i cant think of much we could add. 

Increasing perfection would be nice but they have pretty much already said no to that. 

Player heals were royally messed up recently (with our GoD heal actually being a sizable downgrade to chloroblast and loss of mana efficiency that i would personally take over larger heals) but i believe they have acknowledged this and plan to fix it already.  If they fail to fix it in a timely manner, that might not be a bad thing to put there.

Otherwise we cant stress dps enough we could always put it on there again :p 

Or possibly pet survivability on some raid mobs (mainly ones that ae rampage for significant amounts)   

Oh yeah i almost forgot.  We need to put focuses on our list!  As much as i love having 5 seperate cold focuses i think some others may be in order.  Also, pet focuses need to be looked at of course.

Ok maybe i can think of some stuff :)

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

hakaaba

btw not to leave the topic or anything but what do those stars under our names mean and why do i have more than tastian? :)

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Melonade

One thing I would really like to see in the future are additions to the hybrid disciplines..
I know this is not at all likely, but this could be one possible to solution to the dps issues we have be facing.. I have like 8k endurance and I never use it, what is it even for?

As for the  changes to pet heal heals/players heals, I am actually extremely happy with the upgrade. Having Chloroblast memmed is actually beneficial to me  :-o

careless acts caused a scar..it won't be the last of many, some of those might even heal

Jkal_Shihar

Tast, just what everyone else mention on group buffs. Group focus, IoS, ferocity type.......slow is being added (of course not sure when), pet heal is fixed.
Would like feral swipe to be on same timer as kick though, but without that dang range as well. I know its alot to ask for on that. I started playing with it and it could be decent to our DPS but it needs alot of tweaking.
But also, this could apply to all classes, something does need to be done bout LDoN spells. Its so hard finding anyone that wants to do them, they were great if you wanted to kill like an hour if thats all you had time for.
Other then that, most everyone has gave there feedback.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

corruptor64

My view on groups buffs. Focus would be nice, but not needed. IoS would be nice, but again not needed. but HASTE is needed. lol. Casting focus or ios every 90 min is ok, but rehasting the group one by one every 20 that gets on my nerves. lol.

Iskandar

Quote from: Jkal_Shihar on June 12, 2005, 11:53:37 AM
Would like feral swipe to be on same timer as kick though, but without that dang range as well. I know its alot to ask for on that. I started playing with it and it could be decent to our DPS but it needs alot of tweaking.

Having both of our extra DPS attacks on the same timer would lower our average DPS for a typical fight, so I'm guessing you mean give Feral Swipe the same refresh timer as Kick.  Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a Feral Swipe line of AA, much as they have done with Roar of Thunder.... the more you put into it, the more you get out of it. I would also suggest having the range of Feral Swipe looked at.... Quarm is a prime example -- you can melee him from a good ways out, Kick lands from a good ways out, but Feral Swipe will only connect if you move almost completely under him. If a mob is close enough for me to punch him in the face and kick him in the shins then he should be close enough for me to swipe him upside his head. :)

The warder needs some help with survivability on raids. There are so many raids where a warder is just... useless... either because he doesn't live long enough to do much or because we're constantly pulling him off to reposition him or heal him. With full raid buffs and Feral Guard, Blinky can survive maybe 15-30 seconds on a Kess or Rikki raid, unless I just drag him around behind me to use as a Panther bot -- and that's not a very efficient use of a pet who accounts for roughly a third of our DPS. I wish there was a way to better control the positioning of the warder (ie, /pet attack left flank, /pet attack rear, etc), but I realize that's not very likely. Of course, better zone pathing would help some with that too, but I won't hold my breath on that either hehe! :wink:

I was both amused and saddened by a comment a guildie made a few weeks ago in regards to our DPS. He was parsing fights and told me I was in the top five, adding, "I guess everyone is really slacking off tonight." :(
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Tastian

Few random comments that might be slightly off, but well I'm slightly off atm so gimme some lee-way lol

-  The focus effects are a big issue atm and I'm trying to push across the idea of "hybrid" focus effects.  Instead of just having something give +40% cold have one give +35% healing/nuking or +35% cold/dots, etc.  This is a big issue and I've spoken about it with several of the other class corrs and many other members of various classes.  The issue of hybrid "work" is an issue to many.  Many people focus on the balance and where classes wind up, but I think an equally big issue is the work we put in to get to that point.  Right now focus distribution is a big issue as well as required number of focus/items/etc for many classes.

-  Feral swipe range got beefed up a lot, but it is still too short and I keep bringing it up.  Right now I dance in and out of AE ramp range to land it on various fights, but it really isn't worth the risk.  If we can punch/kick/proc then we should be able to feral swipe.  There are a few issues I can see, but given how weak feral swipe is overall and what other tools we already have I don't see increasing the range more breaking anything.

-  In terms of warder surviviability I think AE ramp is by far the biggest issue.  We've got feral guard/LDoN whatever it is called, new pet heals are quite good, replenish is nice, and more counter curing to deal with dots.  What do people think about the idea of a 3 or 5 tier AA that would say "Reduces AE ramp taken by 15/30/45%" or maybe "10/20/30/40/50"?  I'm not quite sure on the coding of it, but something simliar to how slippery attacks works for ripostes?  The devs have said they don't want having a pet to be mindless and I agree with that.  They also said that they would look into the models and mobs that AE ramp (such as trash in anguish) if we have to keep our pets back on some fights that's understandable.  Outside of AE ramp are people with the various tools (guard, pet affinity, etc) having any real problems keeping pet up?

-  In terms of haste the biggest roadblock for us getting a better haste is the fact that shaman still don't have a better haste.  I mean shaman get STLW, but their group haste (ToA) is still only 50% and do we really want to see a group haste of 40%?  lol  The higher duration would help, but we've got clicky on tunic and I'm hoping that we might see SCRM possibly.  A new haste would be great, but atm it is one of those things that is very unlikely until some other things change in the game imo.

-  DPS is being tallied and looked at now.  One of the devs is going through heaps and heaps of information atm.  I'd so <3 to have a look at the data myself, but atm I don't have any updates.  It is being looked at though and is definitely a big issue.  Also some of the other issues we have tie in with it, so hopefully we'll see/hear something in the near future.

-  I don't understand the star or karma or any system other than post count to be totally honest lol.  I will point out though that your stars are yellow(ish) while mine are uber blue stars!!! /flex

I have a lot more to say (stop laughing), but it'll have to wait as I need to pass out lol.  Please keep the pm/e-mails/ideas coming and we'll see what happens. 

jitathab

Well if we cant get a group haste which would make things so much easier I still like  the idea of a pet fetch AA.

Level 1 - retrieve own corpse or forages for you - (think pigs with truffles :p)
Level 2 - retrieve others corpses

Gotog Ironskull

How about an invis that last a little longer.  In my guild we pet which beastlord can make it from KT entry to trials area with out recasting invise or dieing.  I have had clerics leave my group in MPG to RS runs so they could get an invise that last them the whole run.

Why did they even bother putting a timer on our invise would be nicer to just see druation of this Spell (?  or your guess as good as mine but run fast)

Gotog IronSkull
70 Oger Beastlord
Me Droppings