Main Menu

Pet heals on Test aren't looking good

Started by Nusa, May 03, 2005, 12:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nusa

Muada's Mending (Live):http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=5528&source=Live
Muada's Mending (Test):http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=5528&source=Test
(Test Muada's Mending has a small nerf for those less than 70. It seems pretty unnecessary, especially from the public relations standpoint.)

Healing of Mikkily (Live): http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=5526&source=Live
Healing of Mikkily (Test): http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=5526&source=Test
(The best pet heal. The lesser ones seem to have similar changes.)

Comparing numbers for a level 70 user:
Mikkily Live: 2730hp for 531 mana in 9 seconds on pet only. Mana efficiency 5.14 hp/mana.
Mikkily Test: 1714hp for 617 mana in 3.75 seconds on pet only. Mana efficiency 2.78 hp/mana.
Muada Either: 1165hp for 456 mana in 3 seconds on anyone. Mana efficiency 2.55 hp/mana.

Our complaint about the Live pet heal: takes too long to cast to be useful in most situations. It does have some value, primarily when soloing.

My evaluation of Test pet heal: Cast time is nice, but the size of the heal is nerfed AND the mana efficiency is nerfed to the point that  I can't justify using it over the even faster general purpose Muada's Mending, in any situation whatsoever. Frankly, I'd rather keep the current pet heals over what I see on test right now.

jitathab

Yes I agree with you atm, lets wait for more changes. People suggested, keep the heal the same, and the recast the same, the mana the same,  just make the spell cast faster. Why? so the spell would actually land before your pet died.

As it is with healing enhancement AA I can heal 1300 with regular heal spell, so for 400 difference its not really worth it.

Also consider using Growl of the Panther instead, a 1500 point heal for 500 mana with a 150 hot tick..

At the moment it needs some tweaking to be worthwhile.

Jkal_Shihar

WoW, that kinda......um,sucks.

Shorter recast nice, heals for less - I guess I can live with but man, the mana cost totally stinks.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Sharrien

The shorter cast time was long overdue.  I can even live with the reduced heal, all I really need to do is get kitty out of a jam where he can regen the rest of the way on his own fairly quickly after the fight.  But the mana cost increase is a little outrageous.  Not everyone has anguish-sized mana pools.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Skratz

I am not a fan at all of the pet heal on test.  Reasons:
lvl 70 pets with conv have over 9khp i believe.  If one mob takes them down fast enough to need the faster heal, you'd need to cast it 3-5 times to keep pet up.  You would be losing your dps healing pet, which i believe someone said about 2/3 dps is player and 1/3 pet.
If pet is taking steady damage, its easy to time a 9 sec heal.  If the pet is taking mass damage he is doomed anyway.  The current heal with almost all healing aa's only heals him half way if he has conviction.  so the proposed would heal him 1/3? 
live:2 heals> full health>20 seconds>1062 mana
test:3 heals>full health>16 seconds>1851 mana

(accounting for recast time)

800 mana for 4 seconds less?  YIKES!
this is accounting no focus effects on spells.

~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

sierf

these changes are ridiculous. the efficiency is screwed. the cast time is not worth that much of a reduction in healing power at a increased mana cost.
Sierf
Son of Cazic

Mahes

That is an incredibly bad change.

At 70, I may as well use Muada's for the pet, too.  Faster cast and more or less the same heal.  Even then, I won't use it.  The problem with our pet heal is not just the cast time, it's the HP amount.  Raid pets, the ones getting AEd all the time, don't have 5k HPs, they run far beyond that and a 1.7k heal is going to do squat for the pet and just detract from the time I have to do dps or heal group members.

If they want to reduce the cast time and leave it the same HPs, fine.  Or increase the hps by twice what they are now and leave the cast time.

If this is their intent for the spell on Live, this is worthless.

Dakat

Thats what you get for complaining. more nerf. Thanks alot.

Urim

Haven't used pet heals since back before i was lvl 60. Was actually thinking that if they got pet heals right i might actually load one up from time to time on raid mobs where i know pet gonna get hurt .....

But it seems they don't know what the hell they are doing, but oh well, not like i used them anyways.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Bengali

Mikkily is now slightly worse than renewal of Jerikor (the mage heal).  Exact same mana, exact same healing, exact same cast/recast, but removes fewer disease counters.  I'm guessing this is a mistake with cut-and-paste, not an intentional nerf to beastlord pet heals. If not, then well, boo.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tastian

I'm trying to get some response to thing now and hopefully a dev comment or two about what exactly they have in mind.  I think it's pretty clear where beastlords stood and what the problems with these spells were.  /boggle

Tastian

Here's the response I got...

"Looks like those are errors Tastian.  Rytan is working hard on getting them fixed."

8)

Rhoam

Woot! i hope they were errors. But...I am not sure why,  :-D, since I, like most of you, rarely use my pet heal at this point hehehe. I just dont let my pet get hit that much and if I am in a situation where we have an add, I let him take damage to a point and then step in between the purposefully positioned mobs so that the dots or cheals only have to be focused on me and not my pet as well.  If they change our heals to the ones on the test, then I would never load the pet heal as our all/all heal is so close in hps. It will be interesting to see how they do change our heals though  :-P

Shirrkarn Ayge

Well I for one have never used Mikkily since I got it.. at least add RGC to it so we dont have to bug priests to cure our pet <grin>
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Strigori

Those changes are not just to milliky. There are changeson  all the levels on  the pet heals.  If things are as they stand now, we are getting a hard nerf, especially in the lower levels where these heals were used regularly.  SOme look to be getting it worse than others, but as it looks the bigger the heal was the harder the nerf to it.

Vigor of Zehkes
Keshuval's Rejuvenation
Herikol's Soothing
Yekan's Recovery
Sha's Restoration
Healing of Sorsha
Aid of Khurenz seems to be the lone exception.

This is much more than a worthless change to a worthless spell. This is  adramatic alteration on the class in general from the newbie levels up.  The nerf to the lower level pet healing is completely unjustified, but I could theorize on where that idea came from.
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro