Main Menu

Pet heals on Test aren't looking good

Started by Nusa, May 03, 2005, 12:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oiingo

The last few suggestions are excellent. I'd love to have a reason to get an ancient if the reward was worth the effort.

Those 4k and 5k AEs sure tear pets up quick, and it'd even help with AE rampage.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Sorien

Maybe if we ask that the Mage and Necro get a similar spell to this they won't ask for a nerf.  Seriously though, if this is what will make BST'S able to have pets up during the higher end raids, then Mages & Necros should be able to have their pets up as well.

Khayden

Bringing the other pet classes into a discussion about this is a whole can of worms best not opened.  We should justify ourselves in terms of our classes needs and abilities alone and not pay any attention to what other classes get or don't get.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Strigori

I agree completly with Khay, we need to focus on our class and not worry about what the other 2 pet classes are going to think(we already know mages will be mad unless they have better than us).   The needs of the pet classes are much different.   
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Sorien

Quote from: Strigori on May 09, 2005, 06:19:29 PM
The needs of the pet classes are much different.   

I disagree with that statement as far as pet heals go.  The three main pet classes should have equal heals and think it will cause a lot less anger & ignorance between the three classes by giving them the same. 

You leave it as BST only and not equal the other pet heals, the classes will be whining like they have done in the past while we are happy and quiet.  We all know who gets the most attention... The 'Squeaky Wheel'...

Khayden

It's not a competition for attention despite what reading some of the other class boards would have you think.  From what I've seen if you present a clear and reasoned arguement with supporting data you have a case the devs will actually think about and respond to (even if it does take a while).  If you base your arguement on other classes more often than not you will get a glib 2 line negative reply from a dev, followed by 8 pages of mindless trolling from the other class.

The three pet classes are all very different, their pets perform differently when tanking, have different abilities and HP, the classes fight differently in groups and solo and on raids.  That to me means that imposing heals that are the same is not going to work.  Read up on the comments about pet heals from mages about 6 months back in the rants section.  They would actually have preferred our 9 second heal to theirs, and most of us would have preferred theirs.  The only way I could see some kind of parity being fair would be in terms of mana efficiency and even then people will argue the toss because all classes use and regen mana differently and we have slow... and so on.

If the "Squeaky Wheel" arguement held water monks would not have had to spend 4 years complaining about the mitigation nerf would they?

It doesn't matter what the other classes get or don't get, they can have a better one for all I care.  I just want useable beast pet heals.  We have a good clear arguement and the devs are listening to us.  No need to confuse it.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Strigori

Going to have to disagree with you sorien.  Our needs are very different.  Necs and mages  do not suffer nearely the dps hit we do when healing the pet. Necs do the majority of thier damage via dots and the odd nuke.   Any mage who chains thier biggest baddest nuke, is a soon dead mage.   So for both of them casting heals between nukes  doesnt cuase the dps hit we take by stopping all melee dps to heal the pet.   And I will never prescribe to the equal our abilities with another class to quiet thier yelling. "give a mouse a cookie..."
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro