Main Menu

First draft of our new Top 10 list (6-20-05)

Started by Tastian, June 20, 2005, 06:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gotog Ironskull

Grrr me hope no need another glowing rune fer new Slow.  Ya mes got da 70 fero dont even mem it any more unless need a little Resist inc but even den it suxs cause dat is all it is a Resist increase.  Oh ya it pushes me atk over 2k.  I use our Dots and Nukes.  Granted most mobs resis da dots so den I nuke if resist nuke den dot if resist both just swing like hell.   Getting sum kind of modafier to our dots be nice.  Makeing dat 70 level fero Break the Stat cap and adding more ta resist would be Great.  Never got dat new Kick was told long ago to not waste the AA's cuase it sux soo bad.

Gotog IronSkull
70 Oger Beastlord
Me Droppings

Sharrien

Quote from: Nusa on June 21, 2005, 06:51:39 AM
How about the fact that our 65 GoD heal, Trushar's Mending, is now a MAJOR downgrade to the venderbought 62 heal, Cloroblast? Lootable/quest spells should be worth having at SOME point in leveling.

/sigh.....too bad it wasn't left as the group IoS spell it was originally.

Getting AA that allow our pets to avoid AE ramp would be a good thing Tast, but how would the game distinguish an AE ramp attack from any other type of melee attack?  Maybe they could be broken out by position, like avoiding riposte by attacking from behind, call the AA Blind Side Attacks maybe.  Not a perfect solution since positioning many raid mobs isn't very controlable, but it's something to think about.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Bengali

Quote from: Nusa on June 21, 2005, 06:51:39 AM
How about the fact that our 65 GoD heal, Trushar's Mending, is now a MAJOR downgrade to the venderbought 62 heal, Cloroblast? Lootable/quest spells should be worth having at SOME point in leveling.

Also the fact that 62 Cloroblast is noticably more mana efficient than our 67 heal, Muada's mending?

Rytan is aware of the Chloroblast issue and planned to fix it.  It may be worth a reminder, but it might not warrant a top 10 spot if there are other issues that could be put there (then again, we have 3 spots left :))
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Raedwolf

I would definitely like to see the new slow on the list; though to be honest, I'd be happy to stay with what we've got, percentage-wise, as long as the damned thing would land (i.e., give it a resist mod). Seeing as how most higher-end mobs mitigate slow anyway, I'm not too concerned about what the percentage is as much as having it not be resisted four or five times in a row (65% mitigated is still much better than 0%).

As to having to spend less points as other classes to get the same AA, are there any classes that get the same AAs where one pays less than the other for them? I can't think of any off the top of my head. Depending on how it's coded in, this might not even be an option for the devs.

Burst DPS is definitely an issue, as is the usefulness of Feral Swipe (which I still don't have, and don't plan on getting anytime soon with the way it's implemented at this point). However, I think that another option available to us, which would give us the burst DPS we want and need would be to lower the reuse time on Beastial Alignment. It seemed to be put in as a way for us to have a good bit of burst DPS (up to 100% damage modifier increase at BA3), but the long reuse timer renders it much less effective.

Raedwolf
Wildcaller
Officer, Immortalis Kruoris

Tastian

Ry said awhile ago he was aware and working on it.  Last I heard we were likely going to see the efficency of our other heals boosted up, but it wasn't definite. 

Necros and SKs get a "theft of life" AA that is basically healing gift, but costs less. 

They could do this simply by making multiple AAs.  So instead of say spending 12AA for SCF3 and 18AA for crit affliction 3 beastlords (and rng/sk probably imo) could has access to an AA like "Spell casting affliction" *shrugs* and it'd be 3 ranks that boosted both our nuke and our dot crits.

What it really comes down to is cost/time verse reward.  Right now the number of points spent for some gains is really screwy.  If beastlords had other options or more class AAs that would be taken before some of these generic AAs then it wouldn't be as much of an issue.  However, outside of paragon/BF most of our class AAs (Feral swipe for example) are quite weak and fall below even some of the generic AAs.  Not every AA has to be uber, but the cost should atleast some what reflect the benefit.

Burst dps through BA could work too and I listed that as an option.  There have been lots of suggestions from a chainable nuke, to new disc to many other things.  What it really comes down to though is we simply have our damage divided up into a lot of different places and many of those can't be boosted at all.  Outside of anguish bp I can't "burst" my pets dps, I can never "burst" my proc dps, I can't "burst" my nuke dps unless you talk about a sustained burst where I burn all my mana, but that's just not likely.  Disc and BA and even frenzy of spirits help our pure melee dps, but that's just a portion of our dps. 

jitathab

At 70 and in Time I no longer need IoS to max stats, so I get to thinking about just how useful our entire set of buffs are. 70 Fero as you said is next to nothing, Alladnu focus, next to nothing more, SV upgrade reasonable, SA blows, haste lasts 30 seconds.

At POP and lvl 65 our buffs were good enough to pass off as a shaman filler, they were useful. At 70 and  1yr i think into OOW they are next to useless.

Please can we add back the item about looking at our entire OOW spells and GoD spells we are not a buff class anymore, just take the horrible things away or give us something worthwhile.

hakaaba

The funny thing is i am currently looking for a cold focus to replace the crappy WoS ear one now that i had to replace my epic for fangs of the serpent :p But im crazy like that.

On a more on topic point, awsome work so far.  You should also possibly consider SA, perfection, player and pet heal mana efficiency, pet survivablity with AE page, increasing the effect of pet focuses (or the strength of pets in general) as well as our other buffs besides fero.  Alladnu is about the only one i bother casting anymore o,0.

I personally kind of like roar of thunder...i just have to try to forget how insanely much i paid for it :p

You are right on the money with the aas.  Ive got just short of 600 aas and still havent touched our DoT lines or feral swipe.

And as for our new slow im not even sure ill use it.  It wont be worth the extra recast/mana cost/lower duration unless im in MPG or fighting something with particularly high resists.  Possibly in RS but even there i havent really had problems.

Clicking off pet buffs is still something id like to see *this year* heh.  If for nothing else besides managing 10/symbol/viction and brells/sv/ranger lines and the occasional proc change.  Im pretty sure the pets number of buffs are unlimited, however.  Every once in awhile on a raid ill see it fill my pet buff window (room for 24 buffs) which is several more than the player cap :)

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Yzak

Wildcaller Yzak
Drinal Marr

Bengali

Quote from: hakaaba on June 22, 2005, 04:07:29 PM
Im pretty sure the pets number of buffs are unlimited, however.  Every once in awhile on a raid ill see it fill my pet buff window (room for 24 buffs) which is several more than the player cap :)

NPCs have a limit of 30 buffs/debuffs, which I believe applies to pets.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Solase

PET FOCUS!!!

Okay, here's an area that is constantly overlooked for beastlords like me who simply enjoy solo'ing, grouping occasionally, and raiding once in a blue moon.   Please make higher end pet focus items more easily attained for pet classes.  I was lucky in that I raided with a high end guild about a year ago and got the Bertox pet focus drop which rocked at the time.  Today though, it's much more difficult to get such opportunities and I really would like to upgrade my pet focus item.  Even making a mini epic-type quest would work for those like me.  Pet focus items are something that should not be held for only those who play like 120 hours a week and don't have to work for a living.

Dreead

Quote from: Solase on June 23, 2005, 02:29:49 PM
Pet focus items are something that should not be held for only those who play like 120 hours a week and don't have to work for a living.

Wow, so are you making fun of people with higher end pet focuses? Hrm, so I guess working full time, and having a family qualitfies me as a person that doesn't deserve a pet focus item.

Pet focues come out with each expansion you have one, yet you want one. You cant solo and expect to have the same stuff as people that put more time and effort into the game

Peteums

Anyone know if anything will be applied to beasts on the upcoming patch on the 29th?

Solase

Quote from: Dreead on June 23, 2005, 03:31:47 PM
Wow, so are you making fun of people with higher end pet focuses? Hrm, so I guess working full time, and having a family qualitfies me as a person that doesn't deserve a pet focus item.

Pet focues come out with each expansion you have one, yet you want one. You cant solo and expect to have the same stuff as people that put more time and effort into the game

Please, stop living like you're in a box.  For a game to stay around for a long period of time you have to cater to more than just the die hards who spend half their week playing or who join some select group (ie. the SS come to mind here?).  I'm not saying make it easy for those of us who only play occasionally, what I am saying is that everything should be obtainable via solo and/or grouping.  Maybe it may take me a month to get an item that high end guilds get in a night, but at least it's obtainable and it would keep those like me coming back to EQ.  As it is, EQ is approaching it's last leg and if something is not done soon to keep those of us playing and to attract new players, I hate to say it, but WoW will take their glory (even Rome fell).

Skratz

DoN/LDoN were designed for casual players.  Also Tier1 OoW quest armor.  And imho they did a great job of making good gear available to non-hardcore players.  I have 1 piece of raid gear on me(100hp ssra gear), and sit at max of 11.5khp  Thats all attainable with a group.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Urim

What it sounds to me is that these people want Anguish gear when Anguish is the end zone. They aren't happy with PoTime/GoD quality gear when PoTime/GoD aren't the hotspots anymore. As it stands now, casual and non-hardcore players have a TON of really really nice gear that they can choose from 1 groupable encounters and events. Things i would have dreamed to have back during PoP but i guess its just not good enough anymore. 
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'