Main Menu

First draft of our new Top 10 list (6-20-05)

Started by Tastian, June 20, 2005, 06:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skratz

All non-hardcore raid beasts that I have talked to about this use fero for its resists more often then for the atk.  Please dont drop or lower resists on it.  I was really bummed they werent raised at all.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Iskandar

I get a lot of requests from my guild's Rogues for Ferocity of Irionu/Ferocity. When I know I won't be needed for slowing, I will replace Sha's with Ferocity (FoI already has a slot in my standard setup) so I can keep a group's worth of folks Fero'd (which is pretty easy to do now with the spell fade messages). Some like it for the resists, but usually it's the Rogues and a few Rangers (and me :p) who like the atk bonus. I do wish FoI was more of an increase in benefit, rather than mostly just in cost :(
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Pakratz

Good list, of course I have my own spin on it.

*** 1) Pet DPS scaling.  Our DPS falls off dramatically at high end in comparison to other classes primarily because our warders fall behind.  I've been able to vastly improve my melee dps with improved weapons and aas, but warder dps has shown little improvement over the past 15 levels!  It makes sense to scale our high-end pets to match our vast melee and spell-casting improvements.  Pet focuses have a nice defense/regen component, but incredulously have minimal offensive improvement.  Focuses that are difficult to obtain should really have a substantial dps impact, just as weapons upgrades do !!

2) Slowing difficulties/aggro management.  My frame of reference is as slower in MPG.  Currently I land about 40-50% of slow attempts (w/o malo) and unless I have a great tank, I have to sit idle for 15-30 sec of the fight while I try to get slow to land and wait for tank to regain aggro.  No nuking or dots b/c aggro is already high.  Either give us a slow that lands better (built in resist) or generates less aggro, or give us a better way to mitigate the aggro slow causes.

3) AA cost/benefit.  Well said about how we need 400 AAs to accomplish the same as other classes do in 200 AAs.

4) Pet on raids.  BLs are not valued on raids atm.  We add poor dps (pets often die early due to AOEs), a couple of so-so buffs (SA, occasional Perfection MGB), and leaders are leary of uncontrolled pets that go astray.  Pet Affinity is a godsend! Thank you for that bit of genious.   I'd like to see 2 things to make pets more viable on raids:   1) increased HP/resists to survive AOEs, 2) make Pet Hold a default status, so pet reverts to this status after target mob is dead.  As it stands I have to hit Pet Hold after every kill to ensure the pet wont go running off after the next mob that AOEs the raid.

Beyond these 4 issues, its cosmetic for me.  Actually, I'd be a happy camper if just issue #1 was addressed. 

zzmaller

to be onest when taht 5k ramp hits tehre is not enough time to cast pet heal be fore the secound one hits

so choices are make pets

simi imune to ae ramp

fast  cast complete heal for pets

pet ward taht will absobe the ae

a combo of any of the 2 would help
and to keep things semi balanced make them mana coast high or aa coast high and lvl restrictive