Main Menu

PoR bugs...

Started by Tastian, February 23, 2006, 03:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shieara

Oh yeah that reminds me.  Is there a filter for the aura wearing off message?  I get spammed about auras on my pet wearing off all the time.  It's really irritating.

If there is not one I humbly suggest that it be implemented to save me from spam.

Tastian

Rathe's is +10%, so technically it's a much stronger buff than might is.  Yeah the duration is hella lower, and technically might has the same mod as our haste at the higher end(5%), so is this something people want to see changed? 

Kanan

I don't care all that much, personally, but I mentioned it bcs it might be an issue for someone else.

It might be worth mentioning to them, as it may be a "working as intended" effect.  IMO, its nothing to get in an uproar over.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tastian

That's why I ask.  I'm trying to think of when this would really be an issue.  Technically if you are a beastlord without growl, have a shaman might your warder, then have a mage with the 10% version hit your warder so might fades, then the mage leaves before the duration of might would have been met. 

I guess I always get worried when dealing with stacking issues for fear of what it might cause for issues.  Would hate to see the 10% not hold or the spell get patched too quickly and have it mess up growl, or whatever.  Totally willing to feedback it and see, but not sure if others think it needs attention or not.

Chickennuggets

Why couldn't they have the buff stay on, but keep the higher one as the effect... like chanter haste and ours.  That way whichever one fades first, you still have the other.  They already have the code for that.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Kanan

I'm betting they could do that, but the chance that it would then overwrite our haste wouldn't be worth the risk imo.

I just reported it as existing, not that it really was in dire need of a change/fix.  Frankly, it don't matter to me, and fixing it may make something else working correctly fubar.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Rhoam

I dont know if this has been listed previously or is even a bug, but the spell/proc that the spirit wolves in arcstone cast and one of the procs/spells in relic completely wipe out my bst haste and growl on my pet. I noticed that it did not wipe out chanter haste on me or my pet. If this is intended, why would it only affect bst/shaman haste and not chanter haste? Its a pain to have one of those guys add in during a fight and wipe out the haste buffs on my pet and the entire group. God I so hate rebuffing an entire group with haste as it is, now I am rebuffing dispells on my group and my pet. Makes me wish we had a group haste spell all the more, or wait, do we get a group haste aura now? hehehe.

Tastian

Yeah rhoam that has been reported and hopefully will be fixed soon.  The reason it wipes us and not enc is because of stacking and the slot used for the haste.  Very similiar to what is the issue with might/growl/rathe's atm.  The main conflict for stacking issues is which slot the effect is in, ex...

Celerity
1:     Increase Attack Speed by 47% (L39) to 50% (L44)

Speed of vallon
2:     Increase AGI by 52
3:    Increase DEX by 33
4:    Increase ATK by 41
5:    Increase Attack Speed by 68%

Growl of the beast
1:     Increase Attack Speed by 85%
2:    Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 5%
3:    Increase AC by 78
5:    Increase ATK by 90

Rathe's strength
7:     Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 10%

Spirit of might
7:     Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 5%

Notice how might and rathe's have the +dmg in slot 7, but growl has it in slot 2.  If rathes were changed to slot 2 instead of 7, then it'd stack with might, but not with growl.  If it were say slot 3 atm then it'd work, but there are limited slots some effects can go in because of assorted stacking issues.  In regards to the haste stacking issue you can see that enc had their haste moved out of slot 1 awhile ago and it's now slot 5.  If bst/shm haste were moved to slot 5 or if the AE effect were changed then the issues of losing the buff would go away.

I am going to pass on the rathe's info because although it's not a big problem it really shouldn't be there and there's enough easy fixes from the spell dat I've checked that it shouldn't be an issue.  With the AEs/haste it's reported and hopefully we'll see a change soon.  It is very annoying and I've even had other corrs mention it as well because it's clearly out of wack and unintended. 

Camikazi

was doing ao mission 3 today and noticed that with the scrykin Deafening Gibberish ae on me defensive would not stick, would get greyed out but would get would not stick message.

hakaaba

Yeah the problem with the scrykin slow is a slot 1 stacking conflict with beastlord and shaman (and mage/necro pet) hastes.  I'm glad they seem to be willing to fix it because it sucks heh.

If it doesnt get into the next patch, though, i will cry.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Camikazi

Not talking about screech ae that blocks our haste, mean their Deafening Gibberish blocks our defensive disc, and looking at lucy, warrior and monk defensive discs as well. Not sure if it is a bug, but was annoying.

Just a PS, their screech ae doesn't overwrite mage pet haste, just bst and necro pet hastes, mage haste is slot 4 not 1 =)

MowtaynLyoness

I noticed when duoing with a cleric in Arcstone, that when the firetails proc the burn armor on the pet, the pet's haste (growl of the beast) was overwritten, but when it was cast on me....celerity wasn't over written.  Not sure if this was supposed to happen, but it seemed a bit stupid that a AC decreaser would overwrite pet haste......and to work around this annoyance wasn't too hard, I just kept the mobs close together to take all the "burn armor" procs on me instead of pet.

(not sure if  this was mentioned, only noticed the other mobs overwriting mentioned)

Camikazi

that is stacking error too, Ignite Armor and growl both have ac in slot 3, looks like if they make pet haste slots like mage pet haste most of the PoR stacking problems with pet haste would go away.

Rhoam

the firelings cast a spell that erases our self buff for ac, agi and str.....name escapes me but I still use the buff and it has a time period where it greys out spells. Its a pain to recast and lose the buff every fight....is this intended?

Camikazi

That is Ignite Armor again, AC on Frenzy (the spell I think ur talking about) is in slot 3 same as the AC debuff on Ignite Armor. Also overwrites ranger Rathe line of AC buffs too, should also overwrite ranger self buffs as well, don't think rangers would be happy if enough knew =P