Main Menu

Spell issues...

Started by Tastian, March 24, 2006, 11:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

I'm re-collecting spell issues and although I have most of them I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.  I don't want this thread to be a long debate about specifics on fixing fero, but rather specific issues with spells we know are fubar.  Things like 65/67 heals, poison dots, etc.  If people would please post with specific spell name, level, what is wrong, possibly a suggested change I'll throw everything together and see where we are at. 

Sariss Bloodscale

Do you (because we know you love to type a lot) want to list what you've got and we can add to it?  Then we could have a running list in your first post and others could post possible additions.

I'll edit this later with my thoughts on spells.

hakaaba

See "trushar's mending" :p

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tastian

I do have a write up and a list going already and to be honest I probably have it all at this point lol.  However, I like to always make sure people have had a chance to voice their thoughts.  Sometimes new people come to the boards, spells do change, content changes, etc. 

I'll probably post what I've got around the middle of next week for any revisions people might want to make, but I wanted to put it out there in case anyone had anything else.  If so please post with the spell(lucy link is a nice touch) and what the specific issue is. 

Tiroon

Group IoS :-P

Shaman potions even have cap breaking properties yet all we have as a buffing class is IoS single target and some old single stat buffs. Since our buffs were made into potions I'd like to see the reverse as well - potions being made into BST buffs.

Adjust our haste buffs so a beastie can actually be an alternative to potions.

Ohh and then something I am no longer quite sure about. May be a case of "beware what you ask for - you might get it". IoS was not made researchable when PoP spells got their recipes.

The question is should we ask for a recipe or shut up. The thing is that EP spells for us have been traditionally very very affordable. I believe a major part in them being so readilly available is that not only beasties but shamen as well turn in EP's to get IoS and, as a consequence, there is a glut of EP spells. I am no longer sure it would be a good thing to ask for a tradeskilled recipe for IoS. :|
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Kith

I've been a long time reader of the boards (and a Beast of course :>), though I don't post much. This is one matter dear to my heart though.

For basic buffing, one of the things I would like to see most would be group versions of IoS and Focus of Alladnu.. although in raid cases these are rarely needed, for bst's not quite at the top who still group fairly frequently without a shammy within 10 zones... such an ability would be a godsend. Perhaps, even giving us the spell "focus of soul" (shm/62), it doesn't add anymore HP than our current 'talisman' spell and not much more than IoS does, but it does handle both in one neat little (group!) package.

The suggestion above about giving us some of the "potion" spells sounded good as well.

Rarrum

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=beastlordbalance&message.id=3290

Sums up how much of our stuff is out-classed by potions nowadays.  Beastlord-in-a-bottle... only the bottle stuff works better.

And to add to that list, as of a recent patch, you can now buy potions to cure things better than we can:
QuoteModified the Distillate of Immunization to cure multiple layers of disease counters, as well as more counters overall (44 instead of 36).
Our "Abolish Disease" is just:
1:     Decrease Disease Counter by 36

Essant

I still fizzle too much.  Make it stop!
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Sharrien

Group allandu, group haste, group IoS.  Any one of which would be great...but try for all three!

I've always wondered why our top disease and poison cures have a different number of counters.  Any reason why we couldn't cure 36 poison counters too?
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Ikkorus

As previously stated, group Allandu needs to be a must in my opinion.

hakaaba

But would it really be worth wasting a "spell slot" (as in each class gets 2 spells per expansion) for group versions of nearly -useless buffs?

Kroshx

Personally, Kroshx would like to see a decreased mana cost for SA, or even a change to our Invis spell. Maybe give it a set time, instead of random drop over 20 minutes. I'd love to have an Invis last a full ten minutes, rather than dropping every thirty seconds as I'm trying to bypass a group of enemies.
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Tastian

What about just having allandu be group instead of a new version of it?  Similiar to what happened with spiritual vigor where we just get a group version instead of single target.

hakaaba

I'd be ok with them doubling the mana cost, 1.5x the cast time, and making alladnu group as-is. 

Whether we can convince them to do it, on the other hand, is another story.

Frankly my priority spells-wise is closer to this (highest to lowest):

heals fixed
fero needs mods
haste needs to be better than pot (group or duration)
alladnu (group or mods?)
ios (stat overcap)
orishar (prismatic or higher resist mod)
dots (resist mod, more damage)

honestly, dots are optional if some of the other stuff gets done.  But dot fixes would be better than nothing at all.

Rarrum

I'd definately give our heals being all mixed up a priority also, alongside half our spells being inferior to potions.  I know when I solo (and anytime I have to act as a group healer), I mem both chloroblast and muada's.  I use chloro normally then, and only cast muada's if I'm falling behind.