Main Menu

Old school beast nerf (Wycca's SoF sustained dps comparisons)

Started by Hzath, April 12, 2010, 05:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hzath

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AQGXcSNaOAmOZGN3cjhidjhfNmRrc3M0d2Y3&hl=en

For those who never got to see this I was trolling on the monk forums and it was recently reposted.  I won't go on a long winded rant about it, from a historical perspective it's well done and the flaws really aren't that great.

Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Zunar

This is what resulted in bst nukes geting linked then? heh

Bumkus

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=125982

There was a long thread on eq forums about this too.

It resulted in Ranger and I think Shaman poison nukes getting linked also. 

I'm not sure what Wycca gained from this whole exercise, but it really set bst back a bit.

Grbage

I remember that whole thread, Wycca's assumptions were way off on sustained nuking for bst. When I called him on that he stated our CL said it was sustainable indefinatly.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Hzath

I remember that thread too, it was epic.  I just don't ever recall actually seeing his final results like that.

Other than using an unrealistic "sustained" spell lineup (running any beast oom in less than 10minutes, more like 5 for most) and using outdated weaponry (Solteris weapons while using SoF AA+spells inflates our dps relative to melee) I do want to reiterate it's well done overall.

The most horrifying part about finding this is to discover that 2 years ago our warders were doing 338 sustained dps.  Wow they need an upgrade.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Lathon

QuoteThe most horrifying part about finding this is to discover that 2 years ago our warders were doing 338 sustained dps.  Wow they need an upgrade.
Now our warders do 350 - 400 dps.. L33T warder dps upgrades are no longer needed ~~

Warders living thru an arse rape mob compared to living and actually providing decent dps is a HUGE difference ( if any devs are actually reading this).

On topic, i remeber this guys post and it was upsetting then cause he had no clue other than the fact that monks were ass hurt about BL's using H2H weaps too... so i can assume it is safe to thank him for our current situations .............

Kanan

Not totally true.. he's also the one who showed how useless Ferocity is from a dps gain standpoint.  Granted, the devs have virtually continued to ignore that, along with all the e-peen'rs who continue to love seeing that useless massive attack.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Khauruk

Quote from: Kanan on April 23, 2010, 07:22:49 PM
Granted, the devs have virtually continued to ignore that

Not really...they know the spells are useless and have said such.  Why they still make them though is anybody's guess....
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Bumkus

Quote from: Kanan on April 23, 2010, 07:22:49 PM
Not totally true.. he's also the one who showed how useless Ferocity is from a dps gain standpoint.  Granted, the devs have virtually continued to ignore that, along with all the e-peen'rs who continue to love seeing that useless massive attack.

He showed how useless Fero was to monk DPS.  He did not run those parses as a curtesety to bst.  Any benefit to us was coincidental.

He parses let to the great spell linking nerf, which affected several classes.  I often wonder if he felt pride or regret over his actions.