Main Menu

Coinarv strat

Started by Sukar, February 11, 2004, 03:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sukar

Hello,

We have killed FR on our first try, Xegony on our second attemp and TRC on our 3rd try, but after one week on Coinarv , we still have issues with the 3 waves of mobs, controlling the named and pulling the whole wave .
Anyone have a good strat for this ?

Seigneur de la Sauvagerie  < Amoy Tagh > (Sebilis)

Soriab

If I had one I would but We are up for FR soon and then we are moving on to Xeg then Rathe, we are leaving Squid for last.

Urim

One week and already looking for help? Man kids these days, back when i was your age it was a month straight of attempts :P Seriously, just keep at it, getting strat from a message board won't help and you'll feel much better about the kill if you figure it out on your own.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

totania

Quote from: SukarWe have killed FR on our first try, Xegony on our second attemp and TRC on our 3rd try, but after one week on Coinarv , we still have issues with the 3 waves of mobs, controlling the named and pulling the whole wave .

Anyone have a good strat for this ?

Yes, but you can't have it.  Coirnav really isn't that difficult to learn as long as everyone is taking notes.

Member of Night Eternal

Emmdee

Just keep at it, make sure everyone keeps their eyes open and it will slot into place.

Above all else, don't get frustrated. The less calm you are, the more likely it is you will make a mistake. Then, you are screwed.

Yiktiki

I did cornaiv 5 times and failed... every time w/ a guild that has done it before.  He finally died this week and I'm flagged for Time (just in time for GoD to fubar the servers.)  I'm pretty excited. (c:

The initial waves are pulled to the group hiding in the corner, then you AE em all.  Once they are down just work through the 3 minis, then you get to figure out how to deal w/ the adds floating around cornaiv.  The plan that I saw was AE stuns (that didnt seem to work so well) or just getting agro and pulling the whole swarm away from Corny while you proceed to kick his butt.  That fight sucks... everyone I talk to agrees, toughest fight in the game.

Good luck Sukar!  (Glad to see you are gettin somewhere on Sebilis (c:)
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Laba

Quote from: Yiktikieveryone I talk to agrees, toughest fight in the game.

I really hope you are joking. Try some time level LDoN raids or better yet some of the new GoD content :wink: .
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Sukar

Ty for reply

and for Yiktiki , good luck on Brell  :D

Seigneur de la Sauvagerie  < Amoy Tagh > (Sebilis)

Yiktiki

Ok... I should say tougest fight in PoP. (c:  Cuz LDoN raids suck arse.  But its not that Cornaiv is so hard, its just the event/script is the pain (its the water, man.  the water!)
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Ghoat

Aye fighting underwater sucks.

And we never AE :)

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

totania

Quote from: YiktikiOk... I should say tougest fight in PoP. (c:  Cuz LDoN raids suck arse.  But its not that Cornaiv is so hard, its just the event/script is the pain (its the water, man.  the water!)

I'll settle for most annoying.  Time gods > Coirnav.

Member of Night Eternal

Valsuvious

yeah, really.. IMO you should learn encounters on your own without having to rely on outside information if at all possible.  It makes a victory that much sweeter if you put in the hard work and effort to get there and succeed.  Rathe is one of those that requires outstanding teamwork, and isn't really doable the third time (unless you mean the third day of trying it, then I will say that is okay) without outside help.  Coirnav, well, that encounter is still one of my alltime fav ones, but I joined my guild in between their rathe and coirnav kills, so I don't know the agony of doing it over and over again.

totania

Quote from: Valsuviousyeah, really.. IMO you should learn encounters on your own without having to rely on outside information if at all possible.  It makes a victory that much sweeter if you put in the hard work and effort to get there and succeed.  Rathe is one of those that requires outstanding teamwork, and isn't really doable the third time (unless you mean the third day of trying it, then I will say that is okay) without outside help.  Coirnav, well, that encounter is still one of my alltime fav ones, but I joined my guild in between their rathe and coirnav kills, so I don't know the agony of doing it over and over again.

Here's a bit of advice that might help.  I don't know when your guild starts raiding each day, or for how long, but I'll just throw this out.

If on your next Coirnav attempt, you look like you will make it to where the minis are targetable (all 3 waves killed), but you don't have sufficient time left to beat Coirnav.  Have the raid AE TL.  Don't blow the event for Coirnav's full spawn cycle, blow it for 6 hours and come back the same day to try a second time.

Oh, and on TRC.  Frustration is when your TRC attempt disintegrates while you are on a Rathe COuncelman #11.

Member of Night Eternal

Ghoat

Quote from: totania
Oh, and on TRC.  Frustration is when your TRC attempt disintegrates while you are on a Rathe COuncelman #11.

Did that one night.  Was our 2nd or 3rd run after a false start are two (read 2-3 hours), then all hell broke loose either on early tank or chanter pit.  One of my worst nights in EQ ever lol.

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Rhaynne

Totania... why did you quote Val?  lol