Main Menu

When to use Paragon in Elementals . . .

Started by Grymslade, February 20, 2004, 06:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grymslade

Question for you folks here.  I recently began raiding with a guild who is working their way through the elemental planes.  However, I find myself in a rather unique situation.  I am the ONLY beastlord in this guild.

With that in mind, how/when/why would you use MGB Paragon?  The boon to having 3-4 MGB Paragon Beastlords on raids is obvious, but what about just one?  I considered perhaps it would be good to use after a wipe?  Hold onto it for use in a tough God fight?  Don't use it at all and just MGB Spiritual Dominion?

As you can see, I'm rather uncertain about this answer, and would GREATLY appreciate the thoughts of folks in this forum.  Thanks in advance.
-Grymslade (My Magelo)
-Retired Feral Lord of Mithaniel Marr

Soriab

At about 30-40% of the Main Encounters health.

Kashmiir Battlekat

Quote from: SoriabAt about 30-40% of the Main Encounters health.
\

Agreed, 40% is a good number. This is usually the point at which folks mana begins to decline.

Soriab

Sad to say on the *cough* Many AE Fights that you will encounter Druids/Beastlords can help offset the AE's and allow the Meele to full out burn on the mob and the healers dont have to worry about the AE's Mana Drain components as much. BUt seeing as you are the only one in the Guild with Paragon. You can help a bit but not near as much as 3-5 beastlords can.

We have 5 Beastlords average per raid and we all have SCR3 MGB Paragon, And about 4-6 Druids with MGB Wood, we can almost eliminate many AE's that are tossed at us, but the ones that Slow, Snare.. Those still require GRC or Pureblood ect... to get off fast.

Argach

I usually hit the big shiny MGB paragon button when a) 3+ clerics whine about mana b) somebody says "some MGB heals would be really nice now HINT HINT" c) I get directly asked for it. If we are doing some big target and there's no second target after it announced, I might do paragon just for the heck of it since I win nothing by holding it back, but say in PoTime where it could be handy in almost every encounter I think a bit before using it.

And yah, after ~15% or so it's useless and before ~60% or so you could be wasting it on a wipe ... 30-40% is prolly a good time to use it for max effeciency on most encounters.

flush

When you raid often enough, you'll get a feel for when the clerics have used up some mana.

Ideally, the best point to mgb paragon is for an AE dmg boss mob when mana users are at 60-75%. not when they are running out of mana, paragon ticks won't generate enough for those 400 mana fast heals in time. So my main goal is to maintain their mana at a moderate level.

Watch for when the druids or clerics MGB (sotw, celestial renewal) hit. Regardless of how many BSTs are in the raid, the first mgb paragon is usually when mob is at 80% or so (the timing varies based on each specific mob, I sometimes toss it out at 95% and by the time paragon wears off, the mob is dead), that's about when the nukers start unloading and the key words "MGB PARAGON" means nuke non stop for the next 30 seconds.

My UI
Quotemmm, let the buku raid credits roll in....mmmm...

yaoguai

usually about middle of the fight-ish i do it or unless i have a bad feeling i pop it off during the fight (kind of like 'my spidey sense is tingling sort of thing don't ask why i just feel it =P) or people start slowly dropping(but not so much that it's already a wipe or it's too late)

Gudaman

I use mine only during ae dd mobs and if up for amy. When is like others stated usualy around 55% depending on when the ae hits.

tiggerroo

Another thing to think about when you're the only beastlord, I often would time mine when the last druid MGB would run out since the cleric MGBs last longer (if they are using Celestial Regen instead of Ethereal Elixir) and that way there are still two MGBs stacking (some people don't have enough room for 3).
Tiggerroo N'Blinky
70 beastlord kitty
Talionis - Prexus

totania

I'll single group paragon on the group with the most clerics (if it's a CH rotation), otherwise I'll just pick one and fire it off.

If the mob has an AE that's at all bothersome I'll MGB around 40 if I'm the only bst there, or I'll work with the other bst and we'll fire ours off around 20% apart of each other.

Member of Night Eternal

Zitarthecat

I have preset mobs i always fire MGB on and rarely fire it on others. I.E. mana drain or ae heal is needed. Fire it depending on how trivial mob is, other bsts being there, and mob.

Yiktiki

Well with the coming of GoD, we are only hitting Time from PoP content, and I'm usually only MGB SD before Phase1 then I save it for doing the AE heal rotation when you get past saryn.  In GoD, everything is mostly single group so far, so I never need MGB.

Gee... that was a load of help, eh?  My point was just, see if there is an AE heal rotation and then just make sure they are aware you can contribute.
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Noxdowne Draggout

Some nights we have 4 Beastlords and other nights only 1.

Most nights with one in the big fights we wait until the first cleric makes a mana reference and if the fight looks good then we cast PoS.

Nothing more frustrating than blowing the cast and wiping.

On nights when we have more than one BL we will cast it if the fight is going bad in hopes of pulling one from the dust, but most times it is in vain.

40% sounds like a good number, but I usually cast it at 25-30% when I am alone due to decent mana pools of our heal team and the fact that we usually have 9-10 clerics in our CH rotation.

Mostly it is a gut feeling and you will know when the time is right :)

Nox

Coldice

I'm in the same boat here, I'm the only beastlord in my guild.
Normally my guild does not rely upon AE healing and paragon though. I use my MGB for SD, and paragon for rezzed cleric groups and if there is a group of clerics for the chain. I have in the past used paragon (while MGB is up) for a CR... Usually I only would bother with that if I feel it's necessary to get the raid going again quickly.

As an AE heal paragon is not that spectacular. I would suggest leaving the AE heals to clerics and druid's who's AE's are much more effective.

I would go into much more detail about how I use it on certain raids etc, however I don't like revealing info about how our guild accomplishes what it does.

Kivuli

We have a cleric overlord so he yells at me in TeamSpeak when he wants me to fire it. On if I've been REALLY good, he lets me use MGB for Spiritual Dominion instead of buffing each and every raid group.