Main Menu

GoD has Raid content?

Started by Tailchaser, February 22, 2004, 09:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tailchaser

First a little background.  After a long struggle my guild just got coirnav and finished our time keys so luckily we'll be hitting time whenever we're up in the rotation.  We've been hitting GoD hard in the mean time and will be doing that whenever we're not in time.  We have several people including myself flagged for kod taz.  Doing lots of tipt to push people through currently.

Where is the raid content?  I mean this expansion was aimed at raiding guilds right?  and yet ever corner I turn I just find more "hard LDON" 1 group encounters.  Over and over.  I see two schism forming in the guild as well.  The well geared and the not so well geared.  People are becoming serious liabilities and people that are not capable of doing tipt are starting to get frustrated and blame those that can even if we are helping.  It gets easier, I've probalby done tipt 30 times and won 10 or so but it's also so horrendously boring at this point I don't even want to log in.  If I get caught exploring kod`taz (or really being anywhere but barindu or tipt) I get a guilt trip from the officers and finger pointing from unflagged.

Is there any raid content in this expansion?  I might be able to push through this drudgery if I knew something good was ahead of me.

tiggerroo

I don't know tons about the raid content yet, as our guild has been focusing on our two days in Time and getting the trials done, but both Keepers of the Faith and Nameless Order have been doing raid content.  I linked NOs webpage since they have a short description of one of the reads second picture down.
Tiggerroo N'Blinky
70 beastlord kitty
Talionis - Prexus

Rhaynne

There is a flagging process in GoD, just like in PoP, however the flags seems to be gotten by single group events.

There are a couple of raid events in Kod'Taz and Yzzti (sp?), but the first real raid zones come after beating the 6 trials that start in Kod'Taz... and are ridiculously hard.

Grymlok

If your guild came up from VT to eles, then I don't see what people are complaining about.  VT shards/emp keys/insignia, etc were a hell of a timesink.  You guys should be used to this stuff.

However, I've found that PoP has made a lot of people lazy.  You really didn't have to do jack if you weren't one of the first couple groups flagged.  After everyone else gets flagged, you can waltz on in, get piggied, and get backflags at your leisure.  This is alot of the mindset I see in those complaints.  Those who aren't used to earning their content are getting a harsh wake-up call.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Choppin

There is raid content in ferubi, a zone you dont need flagging for however packmaster and smith are harder than fire minis I'd say and the loot is ele quality,

tho smith dropped a KHF clicky shield (for int and wis casters, must not equip)
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Argach

The difference is that for Emp/VT key you could do the timesink solo or in small relatively gimpy groups. You can log in at 3am if you can't get sleep and go work on the Grey shard or do Comm1 with yer dr00d-bot, but in GoD you need a crack team of guild's finest to do any trial after Vxed. It means warriors, clerics etc will be overtaxed and many other classes will be waiting a long time for their turn. Even if you'd be willing to work your ass off to get the trials done if you can't convince people to do them with you you'll be out of luck.

It'll also create tensions between the hardest of the hardcore of a guild who have the best gear and who progress fastest, playing 10+ hours per day, and the relatively casual raid players who might have time for 3-4 longish raids per week but who can't suddenly double their play time to both raid and get themselves flagged. Hardcore people will get annoyed at the "casuals" (using the term loosely here as we are talking about EP+ people) since they can't raid in Vxt'txX'tk or whatever, lacking the numbers - casuals will get annoyed at the hardcore people who are exploring the deeper parts of GoD and are dis-inclined to do Vxed and Tipt and all Kod'Taz trials the 15th time to get somebody with 40% raid attendance through.

There is already signs of discord on my guild's inner boards - nothing critical, but it could get worse. Aptly named expansion.  :cry:

Of course, I haven't been around during Luclin or PoP timesinks (skipped whole high-end Luclin, got EP+time flagged in ~3 weeks during my trial period), so it might've been as bad before. -_-

Tailchaser

Yeah argach sees what I'm talking about.  It's a situation where you do require the assistance of the best equipt and most skilled players in the guild.   I am flagged farther than anyone in my guild (well I'm tied with a few) so don't mistake this as a whine about my flags or an unwillingness to work for my content (and yes I am fully VT keyed and I can tell you about the 3 days of hell it took us to learn xegony for example, stupid rainbow still makes me shudder).  I remember back before you could "gimp" in unflagged into pop, I see this as similar but much harder to fix.  People who didn't have nearly 100% raid attendance basically couldn't raid with us for weeks until we got a shot at a back flag.

Gates of Discord indeed argach  :wink:

Oh and about Ferubi, yes we hit that.  We all got WM flags, we call it the new VT.  Roaming through that zone for certain things related to WM we ended up getting like 6 VT quality drops in a few hours, in addition to things like a 36% haste type 7 for any slot, ect.  Some of the stuff gets up to elemental quality off the named mobs, but we've been farming that level of gear for months.

katahn

Same thing happened with PoP and the trials.  Its happening here too.  Personally I think its a good thing to break up the larger guilds into smaller guilds, but for purely selfish reasons: I want more single-group and (max) 2-4 group raid content.  More than that and regardless of the tactics and strategy needed the combination of lag (and I have a good machine) and just feeling like I'm part of a horde, sucks the fun out of it for me.  Mix in the regular loot arguments and inter-guild drama...and I remain contendly in LDoN or soloing. :D
Zarros Livinglight, 65 high elven arcon
Zanros Farwanderer, 65 iksar feral lord
-= Saryrn Server, Avante Guarde guild =-

Satal

After the trials there are plenty of raid zones that progressivly get harder. Within the raid zones there will also be flagging events to get you to the next phase of the zone or flagged for the next raid zone. Hang in there, once you get people flagged up for it, you'll have your hard raid content.

Ghoat

This is far worse than early weeks of PoP, IMHO.

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Choppin

Anyone know if Taskmistress Krisz (sp?) in Riwwi is a doable raidtarget ? or is it something impossible like Cragbeast Queen atm ?
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Mahes

She's very doable....if you have the right number.

Problem is she's on a super short timer for when she's actually up.

rawllef

Emp key and VT key used to require a group as well when people first started working on them. When this expansion came out, there were still people in some strong guilds that weren't level 60 yet. AA's were still new as well.

Laba

VT Key groups didn't require 1 warrior, 1 cleric, 1 backup healer, 1 ramp tank, 1 Bard or Chanter, And one slot free for any class that doesn't fit the mold.
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Rhaynne

Ha!  You don't need a rampage tank.