Main Menu

GoD has Raid content?

Started by Tailchaser, February 22, 2004, 09:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoat

yes it has raid content, my corpse has been stuck in said content since friday night ;)

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Mahes

Nothing beneficial to add, but I'd like to take a second to thank the Mindrider in Yxtta for crashing the zone twice mid-fight.

Go-go too many AEs!

Rhaynne

THAT is a fun as hell fight.

edit:  To add to that... it's TONS more fun if you have Weapon Affinity 5.

proc proc proc proc proc proc proc.... muhuwahaha!

Zitarthecat

GoD sucks cause every guild has small cliques that basicly perma grp. These people progress way faster since they dont really have to get a grp together. Clerics and warriors get mad cause they have to do the same trials over and over since they are needed in every trial and most uber guilds only have on average 5 warriors. Vxed can be won with a knight but tipt is not really possible without maybe 2200ac 11k+ knight. Ikkinz trials not even possible with knight. While dps class is all over in a raiding guild and only get 2 in a trial.  A lot of people get left behind and are still struggling through tipt/vxed seeing links from people that are now farming ikkinz trials.

GoD seems to me to be a expansion where SoE cuts down raid size and what better way to do that then get people to quit. GOGO SoE logic.

Most fun so far is ganking aggro with my ED and WA.  8)

Laba

Quote from: RhaynneHa!  You don't need a rampage tank.

Ramp Tank = some class that can take a Ramp (I.E Not a Silk class)  :wink: .
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Rhaynne

QuoteVxed can be won with a knight but tipt is not really possible without maybe 2200ac 11k+ knight.

Not true.

QuoteIkkinz trials not even possible with knight.

Again, not true.

QuoteRamp Tank = some class that can take a Ramp (I.E Not a Silk class).

Oh I know.  Just saying that all the times I've done various trials, it's never even been a consideration.

Yiktiki

GoD!  Man it only took two weeks of being meek and agreeable while trying to convince people to want to do Tipt again!  Finally I got that frickin flag out of the way and I can move on to Kod'Taz... though I'm afraid I will just be in the same boat as before... not quite essential for a group.  I don't put out wicked DPS yet (bf/dod) so I won't be the first scooped up there, I don't have a ton of HP (4600hp unbuffed), so won't get scooped up for that.  I'm an app in a DKP guild, I will break into positive DKP tonight finally... and can start bidding on stuff with normal people instead of waiting for it to rot, but I don't see myself being a contribution that is sought until I am above 6khp and 1400atk unbuffed minimum.

I miss raid content for GoD... its just too hard to make groups with the essential 3 (or 4) and then cram in whatever DPS you can.  They need to expand single group sizes to 8 or something, and/or give non-warriors a chance to tank stuff too.  They swung too hard to make warriors a valuable class, now no one else is.  Odd to have a pally friend say, no one wants a pally in GoD.  /boggle

Yah, GoD has some raid issues to deal with.  PoP forced guilds to ramp up in size, now GoD is trying to chew that down to nothing.  Just balance out somewhere here SOE.  )c:

Meh.. that turned into a rant, I was spose to just be excited to finally be in Kod'Taz!  =oP  I am bummed that my leather brader didn't drop in Tipt cuz I don't imagine I will be pulled up there again unless its just needing a body to get 1 other person a flag.  <shrug>
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Rhaynne

As a slower, who can put out decent dps, you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting a group for Ikk trials.

Laba

Quote from: RhaynneAs a slower, who can put out decent dps, you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting a group for Ikk trials.

Depends on how popular you are in your guild, at least in my guild.
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Yiktiki

Its pretty much like that in most guilds.  You have cliques that always do stuff together and will only pull outsiders in for body count.  A lot of the people though seem to be pretty good about just building a good group and going.  Quarm tonight so we didn't do any GoD stuff... but probably ikkinz n stuff the rest of the week.  We'll see how that works out.
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

kurlin

just wondering since GoD has came out has your guilds been ignoring PoP content other than time enabled guilds? cause with my guild we clear time then the rest of the week we are doing vexd and tipt flagging and/or playing with KT trials.
Wildcaller Kurlin <Forged Souls> 69 Feral Lord of The 7th Hammer

Ghoat

Same - we do Time on our day, or 2 days if we get a late start, then it's GoD.  I think most ele stuff (aside from Pegrin ring & wise for bard drums) has just been going basically to twinks anyway.

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

cougerofeq

I said it before and still find it true... the holy trinity is back. Warrior, Cleric, and Enchanter.

Rhaynne

QuoteI said it before and still find it true... the holy trinity is back. Warrior, Cleric, and Enchanter.

You're definately right about the Warrior and Cleric, but so much in GoD is unmezzable or dps dependant with no charm mobs available that Enchanters don't have the same level of desireability in GoD as... say, Bards.

Valsuvious

It really just depends on where in GoD.  chanters are nice for places like Vxed/Tipt, but they aren't as great in Kod'taz and Ikkinz, since they cannot charm things.  However, if you have a good chanter who isn't afraid of death, they can be a very nice puller in Ikk, as well as a cleric (however, just hope that it's not your only cleric or hope that at least he can run to the zone fast if he gets a resist).