Main Menu

Question about inviting non-flagged in raid

Started by lanabin, March 06, 2004, 11:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lanabin

I am a new member to an elemental plane raiding guild. Since I don't have enough flags, I usually have to wait for the raid invitation.

My question is how many flagged people it takes to invite a non-flagged one? And also I notice my guild has to frequently disband/reorganize raid to invite non-flagged one, i.e without "reraiding" non-flagged one can't zone in. Is there some kind of bug?

Thanks

Lanabin

Noxdowne Draggout

Welcome to Hell............

I can tell you from experience that if I had 1k pp for everytime the raid was bugged and I was unable to zone in on a drag I would be rich beyond my wildest EQ dreams.

I think it is 35 players, may be slightly more or less, regardless this is the biggest mess in the game.

I wish you better luck than I have had  :D

Nox

Aneya

1 Piggy back is allowed for every 6.66 people in raid.

However you must have 32 people minimum in raid to start piggy backing.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Eeza

Yes it is bugged to high hell.

Remaking a raid 3, 4, or even 6 times is not unusual depending on how many unflagged are trying to get in.  Hopefully you are getting flagged through these types of raids so you no longer need to endure this BS at some point.

just keep in mind that PoEB and Time are "keys" so you cant raid people into those zones.

Strigori

35 to do virtual flags i think is the number, and it works out to like 15% of the raid can be brought in this way.   We have only had the raid bugged acouple times from doing it. seems to work best if you form all groups in one zone and have a group leader from one group in the lower zone to invite people one at a time.  adding group leaders in a zone where the majority of the raid force is seems to have a better shot at bugging it, at least in my experiance
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Suthia

Our guild usually goes by 36 minimun flagged people before we start "gimping" non-flagged in. Only real problems we've had with getting non-flagged in was for HoHb. I hate that zone with a passion. The way we do it is have all the flagged people in raid in the zone, then a group leader zones out and invites non-flagged one at a time 'til no one else is left or can't fit anymore gimps in. Seems to work out fine.

flush

Quote from: lanabinI am a new member to an elemental plane raiding guild. Since I don't have enough flags, I usually have to wait for the raid invitation.

My question is how many flagged people it takes to invite a non-flagged one? And also I notice my guild has to frequently disband/reorganize raid to invite non-flagged one, i.e without "reraiding" non-flagged one can't zone in. Is there some kind of bug?

Thanks

Lanabin

It's the 85/15 rule, starting with minimum of 32 flagged in raid to get unflagged in.

85% of the raid must be flagged to get in 15% - this makes it easy to count. Look for how many flagged people you have, take 15% (round down) and that's how many unflagged you can get in.

Raids are very easily bugged this way - you will most often reform a fresh new raid IN the zone you are about to raid (all flagged IN the zone, all unflagged wait outside for 1 group leader to invite after raid is formed with flagged members) before doing 85/15. If you do multiple raids a night in different zones, you remake the raid every time you gather in a new zone.

If the numbers don't add up, reform the raid, from scratch. The raid leader must never be the one to be zoning back n forth when forming the raid.

My UI
Quotemmm, let the buku raid credits roll in....mmmm...

tiggerroo

Having been in charge of raid-ins ever since we got to the elemental planes, this is what I recommend:
The raid forms up in zone (say, PoFire).  Get as many people as possible into the raid.  Whoever is doing raid-ins gets an invite as a group leader and then either gets a succor, decession, TL, gates, etc.
I made a channel so that all of our non-flagged were in it and I could keep track of people.
Invite non-flagged one at a time and wait for them to zone before inviting the next one.  This slows the process but ensures that the right people get in.  The non-flagged must stay in the raid while zoning but do not need to stay in group.
Once we figured out how the raid feature works, the only times I've had funky things happen with the raid is when we do CoH, raid-ins to SolRo's chamber (evil, nasty place if you're doing raid-ins to zone and then raid-ins to chamber), PoEb raid ins (form up in A to raid into Eartha, everyone has to have a b key though), and summon corpse.  Remember that the raid feature will "count" how many non-flagged zone in to PoFire, even if the same person zones in more than once (i.e. they forget levi/invis and zone back out, accidentally zone out or whatever).

A few other tips:
If the raid is going badly, during rezzes, have the non-flagged camp out and come back when they get the 1 minute warning and have the non-flagged get rezzed last.
If you're doing CoH to a spot, set up a "dummy raid" with the coh mage, the anchor and then randomly raid invite someone.  Have them drop the raid so the CoH group is the only one in raid.  Then as people get coh'ed, they can drop group but stay in raid.  Then make the raid leader someone up at the CoH spot so they can re-invite folks to be groupleaders.
If you're doing Summon Corpse, have a rogue drag the non-flagged back to zone-in and have a cleric rez them so they don't take up two spots zoning back in.

Hope this helps.
Tiggerroo N'Blinky
70 beastlord kitty
Talionis - Prexus

Grymlok

Quote from: flush...starting with minimum of 32 flagged in raid to get unflagged in.

Incorrect.  You need 32 people in the raid in order to piggy in.  Total people.  For example, on raids on small targets such as air minis, you can have 28 flagged and 4 piggies.  Once that 3rd piggie has joined the raid, they can all zone in.  But, if you are stuck @ 31 people, they are screwed.  

Down the line, the math gets fuzzy and you can get more piggies in, but you need a minimum of 32 total people in the raid for anyone to be able to piggy in.

The Berserker: Foecussed