Main Menu

XP camps in Ele's

Started by Ukator Iceblood, March 13, 2004, 02:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukator Iceblood

Getting close (amazingly) to the elementals. Just curious which ones are xp camps, which are only raid, and how is loot for one groupable stuff?

I have read that Fire and Earth are the main xp zones. Air and Water seem to be raid only.

I've looked up the pet weapon and see that certain named mobs have the same loot table, kinda nice to get others to help camp, is pofire the only zone to have that or does Earth/Water/Air have their versions of it also?
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Man0warr

Tables in Fire, can get regen2 rings and tons of xp, zone in of Earth is good too for stonewood saps and just AA
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Mindlet

Different classes pet weapons drop in different zones. The bst pet weapon is easy to get its off field 1 in fire. Not that I would call field 1 an xp camp cause the xp there is terrible.

Earth and fire are the 2 main xp zones. Earth anywhere is pretty much the same. Fire unless you get past the first field is bad xp. Inside castle 1 is pretty good and tables as mentioned. Although they recently nerfed tables and the mobs there now summon so you will need a tank to do there.

Air and water are not really what I would consider xp zones. Air because it is so hard not really a 1 group zone. Water because well its underwater and we all know how much fun that is.

Tastian

Water can be some great exp though with a group that knows what it's doing.  You seem to have the majority of the info though, not really much else to add.  Tradeskill items fetch good money.  Fire has drop for incense burner of ro, so if you are a poter you can make some good money just off that.

Mindlet

/derail on

Does that still sell well now thats theres an easily obtainable ID4 belt in LDoN?

/derail off

Tastian

4 in market atm, cheapest is 76000.  Highest 95000.  Being range, solid stats, etc it still sells quite well for 70-80k I'd say.

Juvaris

Water is an amazing xp zone as long as you have a good bard to pull it.  The mini named are relativly easy and drop SK and bard swarm weapons, along wioth FTIII caster sleeves and an assortment of other crap we cant use lol.  can get a lil tiresome swimming but its a quiet zone, so it can be nice.

I hate air with a passion and would never consdier xping there myself, tho id imagine it would be pretty good xp if you did.  Could try first island i guess but the armors arnt really easy.  Memphits might be easier.

For earth, the zone in will yeild 3 pct AA ish a kill, but if you go further out u can up that to 4 pct, if u can get some yellows in there.  FD pullers are your firends for this zone. , as ull get lots of adds from wanderers etc.  Armadillos spawn dustrunners which cant be slowed so be aware.  EVERYTHING mitigates slow too , and it can be tough to stick without tash or malo ro whatever.

Fire...well fire would be the BoT of the elemental planes i guess, if it was open to anyone.  First field sucks, but thats where the nameds frequently pop with out Pet Swarm weapon.  Inside the fort at hot tubes is pretty good if not boring, can get interesting if Durav is up cause u have to watch ur pulls if ur too fast.  Fire islands with the mephits is great xp, with nameds that drop the warrior pet weapon, so u get ppl frequently wanting to go there.  can be kinda tough to single unless ur expeniced with the area so bring a chanter or bard.  Bird camp can be very good with the magma guardians being relativly easy to pull, and u can always pull from the fort if u get bored.  Second field is generally hard to pull, and tough mobs, but the named have better loot.  Wouldnt really reccoment it till uve gotten some decent ele gear.  Tables is the best xp anywhere that i know of pullign in 5 pct a kill.  have to kite the mobs can get boring but the xp is worth it.  Was there just the other day and nothing was summoning me, unless this is really recent i dunno about summoning mobs.
Juvaris Razorclaw
70th Season Beastlord
Bertox

Sempai

If you hate kite groups (like I do), want fast experience, and would like a shot at some gear, then I happen to think that field 2 is one of the best spots in the game if you can handle it. Like Juvaris said though, it might take a while before you can go there regularly.

In my experience, you need a 9K tank with a good healer (6K Mana cleric) to pull this off well. Beastlord slow work fine here, although a shammy will certainly do better due to malo. I never thought pulls were too hard here, and have seen it done by bards, monks, SKs, shammies and beasts. :lol:

When we first got fire access, we had to use warriors to tank as our knights struggled some and we usually had a backup healer (druid / shammy) to help some on the tougher mobs. Once you get some E/P armor, knights can tank here easily with only a single healer.

At this point, I can tank field 2, including the named, but none of the gear will be an upgrade for me. So, I am fairly confident about the 9K number for the tank (I buff to 9100+ atm) and one of our good clerics can keep me alive by himself (aggro for me is never the issue  :wink: ). It is still an excellent experience camp, and I have gone there to get gear for friends and new recruits as well.

Even with GoD out, this still ranks as one of my favorite grind spots in the game.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Ukator Iceblood

Field 2 has the haste cloak right? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to convince my normal group to go there then:).

Thanks guys for the help, hopefully I'll be there in a month or so. Still backflags, RZ and all of Sol Ro to go but I can see it on the horizon.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Juvaris

Aye field 2 has the 41 pct haste cloak as a drop, and i will say its a pretty nice one for us, if you are still using ur epic *cough* me hehe.  Other drops from field 2 include and IH IV shoulder item for priests and a medicore (imo) range item.
Juvaris Razorclaw
70th Season Beastlord
Bertox