Main Menu

Healing

Started by Tastian, March 16, 2004, 08:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

Guess I'll throw this here because it's something I think that becomes more of an issue the higher you get.  Here's my question...

Are others having issues with their healing ability?  Especially in GoD.

The last few days have just been driving me nuts and seeing today's patch beefing up shm heals just kinda made me start dwelling on this again.  HPs are very high these days, lots of classes got new heals with GoD (even rangers), but for me CB just isn't cutting it atm.  Even on a crit I'm lucky to do 20% of a casters hps.  I've always healed a lot on my bst whether blast tanking or covering healers/tanks waiting on bigger heals, but it almost feels pointless now.  My pet doesn't tank for me and usually protection+mend good enough to cover AE's and stuff.  

I'm certainly not wanting to be Main healer or even backup healer, but I dunno I'd certainly trade group infusion for something like sylvan light which is now 525 hps base for 195mana or something similar.

Rhaynne

Though I would happily trade our new dot for a new heal, I'm not going to complain if it doesn't happen.

Ghoat

Just popping in to say Rhaynne is wrong!

1030 heals dont go far tho hehe

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Argach

I can heal myself between pulls when we clear trash if I take a few ripostes, other than that cblast is not really worth the 2 sec it takes to cast in GoD. Trash is hitting for 2k in Ikkinz raids, one round is 3k damage easily, so if I back off and heal myself once I'm done the mob is dead. This is with 25% benefical spell haste (+10% from aura of reverance) and max heal AAs .. and yeah, it takes 5-7 crits or 10-15 normal cblasts to get badly wounded caster back to his feet, that's 45 sec of chaining the spell. Feels like peeing into bonfire to extinquish it.  :roll:

One thing that might help would be to have some item (or augment) with huge heal focus (40%?) with only healing hybrids as listed classes (i.e RNG PAL BST). Sure those would go mainly to pallies, but still ... ~700ish heals would at least heal 10% of a caster.

Mahes

I'm all for a BST version of the new ranger heals.

Through our levels, we've been given a number of ranger spells at the same level they acquired them, including our heals.  Kind of odd that we all of a sudden don't get the new one.

Argach

Heh, the other side of the coin ... just was a main-healer in a chain pulling BoT group for 30 min, didn't slow but did all the healing since cleric had died and was running around getting KEI etc. Sure I had a pretty good plate tank but pre-EP guild so not uber-uber. I know that mudflation has run over BoT pretty well, but still .. every healing enchantment we get at high-end further trivializes lower end content. Of course, beastlords with capped heal AAs, bunch of FT and IH4 focus don't usually xp in BoT and I'd get a carpal tunnel syndrome for all the button pressing I did to chain cblast tank while meleeing the mob so I'm not saying beastlords are out to conquer the healer niche, heh.

It's the same issue clerics and shammies are fighting over now, other people see how they can't do any meaningful healing in GoD (higher end shammies pre-patch) and the others are fighting for their spots in BoT and easy LDoN groups (lower end clerics). Mudflation kills the need for healing in the other end and in the other end ye need 2 clerics, a backup druid and a time-geared warrior in 1-group content. x_X

Tastian

Yeah arg that's the balancing act.  Of course, by the time most have GoD spells they aren't going to be hanging out in BoT much.  I really enjoyed how good my healing was once I got focus, spent lots of AA, etc.  I always downtime healed, I always patched tanks/healers with bigger heals inc.  In several fights I just kept blasting tank depending on the numbers.  Bst were never uber top of line healers, in fact they were always kinda rock bottom with rng hehe.  Now though feels like just too far behind.  Casting CB ~10 times just to bring a caster back up is silly.  In a GoD run I don't even bother trying to target, heal sometimes because it's very likely to not matter and I should just stay focused on nuking one mob down faster or whatever else.

bugman

im over 300 aa, and still wishing i hadnt done all the healing AAs (before GoD came out and was nearing banked cap so just started doing them). its helpfull soloing, and exping in random pickupgroups (ive main healed ldon sadly enough for short times), but overall the group of people i play with they're wasted as the plate classes have a ton of hp and the casters seem to die reguardless against the 1200+ hitters.

although it only takes one spot healing that keeps the chanter or mt alive to make them worth it i suppose, but still would have finished so many other AAs before doing them if i knew what i know now.
~Bugman - Venril Sathir

Choppin

Can only agree there. Too bad we cant command our warder to shield someone, would be better than trying to get a CB off on the poor soul.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Bengali

Quote from: RhaynneThough I would happily trade our new dot for a new heal, I'm not going to complain if it doesn't happen.

I'd trade Tureptan Spirit, but not the new dot.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Kossos

i would trade the dot for new heal no way the nukes thou

having to fast casting nukes owns over 1 fast casting/dot anyday

i have fairly respectable mana pool and our heal dont cost much on mana
but healing someone you have to cast 50 times seems like to heal some one inbetween pulls
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=725398" TARGET="_blank"> Kossos 65 Feral Lord
http://www.clubfu.net/" TARGET="_blank">Club Fu
Bristlebane

Dummkopf

I agree with Bengali here, i would trade Tureptan Spirit anytime for a heal. At the moment i wouldnt even attempt to get a geomancers stone just because the spell is absolutely useless for most of my friends.

Im glad i bought the healing aas, just for soloing or mend companion, during raids i never even have my heal up.

Kitana

feel free to move this to the flame forum but it kinda ticked me off that rangers got a better heal and we didn't.  Our heals have always been on par with rangers until now.

I also play a ranger alt and I can say that at any given level if things go sour I can root things on my ranger and back up and heal.. on my bst though you can try and let your pet tank while you heal but damage is still being output constantly versus rangers where you can root them and cease the damage for a bit...and then heal yourself.  I hate to be a complainer but I personally think our not getting a heal was a total rip-off.

With characters hitpoint's constantly improving,
With encounters constantly becoming more difficult
(mobs hitting harder)
(larger AoE's)
(more adds)
and our heals not changing.... it just makes our heals more and more ineffective.  I am starting to realize that now that we are moving onward in GoD.  I feel like our heals now are as effective as using BW skill in elementals.

:evil:

Vorph

I wouldn't trade the DoT for anything... having 2 of them with 40% focus and ~9% chance of a crit really owns.

I still don't (and at this rate probably never will) have the nuke.  I don't have time to do 3495083 sewer 1 runs on the remote chance of getting the spell... and with the new lockout nerf to Vxed, that's ruined too.

Tureptan Spirit, I would give up for almost anything.  I could've looted a geo stone weeks ago, but probably never will due to the utter uselessness of this spell.  Now that clerics get Holy Elixir instead of Order from their stone turn-in, we are left as the one and only class who gets a totally useless spell from Kod'taz.  THANKS SOE!!

And I too find the healing AAs to be a waste of points spent before GoD was released.  Even for Mend Companion it's not worth bothering with imo.

Rhaynne

QuoteI wouldn't trade the DoT for anything

The dot is really only useful for soloing.  I suppose it's ok, but it's barely an upgrade over scorp venom.  However, y'all are right about group IoS.  I would trade that for True North.