Main Menu

Healing

Started by Tastian, March 16, 2004, 08:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bengali

I don't see why you're hung up on mana.  I never said that having the dot means that you magically have enough MANA to cast it in every situation.  I never said half of the things you're arguing against.  I was making a statement about maximum possible damage, becuase I disagreed with Rhaynne's opinion (and incidentally, agreed with yours, since you also said you'd trade group ios for a heal).

QuoteGetting ture blood is ONLY an EXTRA 1.2k damage if after getting the spell you add it in and don't give up anything else.

DING.  That's exactly right.  I was only talking about the max damage that someone COULD do, if they wanted to.  You keep acting like I was saying that you automatically will do more damage, all the time just by looting and scribing the spell.  I never said that.  I just said that you have the ABILITY to do that added damage.  I said it was POSSIBLE.  If we were NOT GIVEN THE DOT, AND GIVEN A HEAL INSTEAD (which is the only suggestion I was disagreeing with) then it would NOT BE POSSIBLE to do that additional damage, EVER. :)

As a practical matter, after getting Turepta Blood, I would add it into my lineup and wouldn't give up on casting anything else.  Maybe that is just me, but then again I was just offering my own opinion and the reasons for it.  For me it's an additional 1.2k damage, SOMETIMES.  I personally would like the OPTION to be able to call upon that extra damage if the situation warrants it.

Right now I cast 2 nukes + 1 dot if I am in Max Damage Mode(tm).  I am not always in this mode, but sometimes I am.  Once I have Turepta Blood, I will cast 2 nukes + 2 dots when I am in Max Damage Mode(tm).

When I am in Max Damage Mode(tm) I don't care about mana.  I don't enter Max Damage Mode(tm) unless I have enough mana to do it.  I don't enter Max Damage Mode(tm) if it means I will steal aggro and wipe the raid.  I don't enter Max Damage Mode(tm) if it will make Baby Jesus cry.

That said, I still can enter Max Damage Mode(tm) a lot.  I have 5665 mana unbuffed.  I regen 19 mana per tick unbuffed.  I have a 15% mana preservation item.  I have a nuke focus and a dot focus (which make my damage spells even more efficient).  That's just unbuffed.  I almost always have SD on me.  Most of the time I have clarity.  Often there's a bard around.  Sometimes I have a mod rod.  I can use paragon for mana every 15 minutes.

But you don't need all of that to be able to sometimes cast Turepta Blood on a mob in addition to all the other spells you normally cast on mobs and PCs.  All you need is to have 396 mana in addition to your normal mana usage.  There are a lot of beastlords who can afford to do that, SOMETIMES.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Konji

I pretty much agree with Bengali on this, having 2 "good" dots now is awesome. No way id trade the new dot for a new heal.

Now Id trade Grp IOS for new heal in a heart beat
Hell Id trade grp IOS for summon mass food.

Soriab

Quote from: VorphAs far as aggro goes, between DoTs, nukes, melee, ED, and Xeg fist procs, I guess I'm probably just barely behind our best warriors on the hatelist.  I never actually steal aggro from them, but if the MT dies I get splattered immediately in GoD trials/raids. In Time it hasn't been a problem at all except on VZ (and the few that resist poison entirely).
Gods do I know this one. Im always right behind the Tanks on Aggro, I let the Tank and RT get aggro and when one of them drop I am Tanking or RT immidealty, Depending on the mob I  can wipe my hate and let the next tank take over or Im stuck with it till im dead. Depending on the mob thats anywhere between 1 - 30 seconds. Yea we tank ok but getting Quadded for 1.5K+ Theres not much you can do even defensive.

Kitana

ok so yesterday my guild was raiding in GoD and a mob riposted me once for 2500 dmg.  That means I gotta cast CB 5 times to heal myself from 1 smack!  :?  I felt like I was trying to save the Titanic by scooping out water with a dixie cup  :P

Choppin

Maybe SoE is afraid of giving out more healpower because it sort of theoretically trivializes old content, now how about adding some kickass spells that work only in GoD (like manastone is restricted to old world) ?

Remember when Velious came out there was a rumour that weapons from there would melt in antonica / kunark :)
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Rarrum

I never use DoTs, except maybee on the rare occasion I solo, and only then if I've got pon and c5.  Too much agro in groups, and mobs die long before the DoT has it's full effect.  I also agree Teruptan Spirit is worthless.

I'd gladly trade both the new DoT and the group IoS for a minor upgrade to our heal.  I keep chloroblast up all the time, and it's falling behind badly in GoD.

Bengali

Seems to me that if it's falling behind "badly" a minor upgrade won't cut the mustard.

Clerics and druids and shamans and paladins are complaining that their heals can't keep up.  If that's true (maybe they're exaggerating), then we'd need a robust heal to be useful.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

victicus

a weak heal over time would be nice...seeing how our parent class gets a few nice ones...maybe something on par with torpor...or a little weaker...

dewddabst

pretty soon we will ask for fast heals, HoTs, rezes and ports... class balancing goes so far, past that point u will only have ONE class.

if we keep progressing this way, we will end up with only ONE class and the only specialization will be AAs and which spells we got memmed...

im fine with being a slower, a shaman replacement buffer, and a half melee / caster DPS.  i dont really want to heal like a cleric, pally or nuke like a wizard or dot like a necro.

Sempai

Well, I happen to love our new dot, and I now dot regularly. I also got the posion dot focus mask from the Ikk trials, which is a 40% focus. I might even train critical affliction next. We can really do some nasty damage with Turepta Blood and Scorpion Venom.

The big issue is aggro, which means the tank must have excellent aggro for me to use it freely.

Now, as far as group IoS (Turepta Spirit) ...  :roll:
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Tastian

"pretty soon we will ask for fast heals, HoTs, rezes and ports... class balancing goes so far, past that point u will only have ONE class. "

Again I wasn't asking for anything I was getting other people's experiences and opinions.  Also it's not asking for rez's we could never rez, not asking for ports we could never port.  We used to be rock bottom healer tied with rangers.  This meant we could cover our riposte damage, or heal back from a round or two of tanking from slowing early.  It meant we could patch a caster well they had another heal inc or even start off healing a tank early in a fight for various reasons.  We were never *great* or even *good* at it, but it was a viable option.  I ran heal 100% of the time and got healing AA's and focus.  Now though I find myself reacting differently.  I used to see a caster go "heal" or "aggro" and I'd /target and blast away.  I used to take a  stray round or riposte and then blast myself back up.  Now I see "heal" and go "sucks to be them"  I eat a riposte and it's 2500 and like someone said I'm hoping for a crit on CB so it only takes me 3 or 4 heals instead of 5.  Much else and I'm just letting someone patch me or rez me hehe.  

This wasn't an anti-dot thread or anything of the sort.  I think it's very clear from this thread though to see how versitle beastlords are and why it's nice to get different input at times.  Some have 40% dot focus and CA3, some don't load a heal.  Some have warriors that I want to give seminars because they can hold aggro over WA5 Eth + shinai and double poison dot hehe.  Some have maxed healing AA's, etc.  It is clear to me though that some people are definetly seeing a big drop off in healing.  I do know paladins and others complaining some and it's understand able.  However, they were always much better at healing we never were that great.  Rangers do out heal us now though and mob damage is up a lot.  Seems some other beastlords are ignoring healing atm too in spots where they used to use it.