Main Menu

Jagged Onyx Staff

Started by Murkk Dakruul, March 23, 2004, 02:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murkk Dakruul

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=68778

What are peoples thoughts on this. Is mainhand shinai, offhand jagged onyx staff our best DPS combo atm?.

Anyone seen any GoD h2h weapons worth a damn yet?.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Ukator Iceblood

These h2h came out on Lucy a while back. I don't think they have dropped yet live, think they were link farmed or whatever people do.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=68740
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Argach

Spiked Fists of Annihilation has 15 ft knockback proc and is thus useless as a weapon, and max dps combo for us is ED + shinai with WA5 .. if you can deal with the aggro.

Besides, Jagged Onyx Staff has one of the most stupid models for a weapon ever, almost as bad as the ranja GoD blade. Shinai might not look beautiful but at least it looks somewhat like a weapon. -_-

Urim

I would never want those Spiked Fist of Annihilation because the 15ft knockback makes it completely useless in pretty much all situations.

I agree that the ED mainhand + Shinai offhand with WA5 is the best dps combo in the game if people dont mind the agro (i dont!). I would guess that Shinai + JOS would parse out around Shinai + EPW
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Mahes

I don't agree.

I've been parsing Shinai/EPW, ED/Shinai, and Shinai/ED.  Have WA5, all the relevant Pre-GoD AAs, and Sinister Strike.  I'm not showing the ED mainhand even outdoes the Shinai/EPW.  I haven't aug'd the ED yet, but the parses are so far off that there's a snowball's chance of the ED/Shinai out-dps'n Shinai/EPW from what I've seen.

I'll post it when I'm done, which should be later this week.  They're 6-8 hour parses from behind, unbuffed, with maxed worn attk, 45% haste, and max melee stats.

The ED thing just isn't adding up.  I don't see how even being raid buffed would make up for the difference in dps.

Sempai

First comment on topic:

I have seen the Jagged Onyx Staff drop and you must first know that it looks not impressive. In my personal opinion, I do not think this is well suited for a beastlord as compared to some other classes on it. Our guild went ranger on it, and I passed on the drop myself.

Second comment somewhat off-topic:

I also do extensive parsing and have submitted results to Coprolith to help him create his spreadsheet. I personally use ED / Shinai and it has outparsed all other combinations. I have most of my offensive AAs and by my last check, I was cranking out 53dps in procs alone. When choosing a non-h2h weapon, I look for a big proc, such as on the ED, to make up for the skill loss. Based upon my experiences in game, the Jagged Onyx Staff proc is not big enough to justify it in the hands of a beastlord vs the other classes.

As usual, your mileage may vary.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Murkk Dakruul

Yeah, we had one drop the other night is why I asked. based on the imput so far I think im just gonna hold out for ED/Shinai still.

I'm hoping we'll see some sort of H2H weapon in uqua soon, now that they've "tuned" it.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Ukator Iceblood

Untill the Spiked Fists show up on Magelo I'm not worried about the proc. I think it was link farmed to find it, and items like the Time BPs where different from the original link to the current version. Could be the same with the H2H.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Roxxorz

I'm interested in Mahes' upcoming ED/ Shinai parse.  I use this combo as well and it seems to out DPS all others in all the other parses done so far.  Plus 1500DD crit procs are fun too.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=613332">http://home.dejazzd.com/axysspade/Roxxsig5.jpg">

Mahes

Those of you that use ED/Shinai, do you have EPWs?

Just curious, not sarcasm or anything.  I was quite happy with SotA/EPW with Ruj procs on both but I kept hearing ED and went ahead and looted a rot one (which kinda hurts in a dkp quild) assuming that now with SS and WA5 it would be insanely good.

Like I said, need to finish parsing it and maybe there's some other reason I'm not seeing the same results, though I'm not sure why.  Eight hours with no changes in variables is a pretty accurate parse generally.  Hope I'm wrong.

Back on topic, JOS would appear to be nice dps.  Proc is velious era? and with a ac debuff you won't crit proc it.  Not sure the dps from a 1hb would be enough to compensate.  My opinion is if you have ED/Shinai or EPW you'd be better off waiting to see what comes out of Uqua or beyond.  JOS would probably better serve some other classes and...well it's ugly.

Rhaynne

I know that Cringer has all three and recently switched to mainhanding ED with Shinai offhand.

Probably switched about the time he got WA5.

Konji

I have Shinai/EPW/ED

and i find Shinai/EPW to be the most consistant DPS and its what i use 90% of the time.

Murkk Dakruul

good, means my EPW's have a use after I get a shinai and an ED. :twisted:
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

Vorph

I'm happy with ED/EPW until a decent BST weapon drops. By that I mean a weapon that actually is better than the ranger blade, because looting something that isn't even as good as ranger trash is a waste of points.

And, yea.. I really despise that ranger weapon.  We've had so many drop it's simply absurd, not to mention the fact that you could easily get them with 1 or 2 groups before today's patch and they are way too good for that.  I really hope it was a mistake in itemization that will be corrected [removed] as of today.

victicus

i got shinai, epw, ED, and jagged onyx staff

i prefer shinai main and jagged onyx staff offhand...

ED's damage is too streaky even with wa5, plus the insane aggro when i'm also the slower in exp groups