Main Menu

Time worth it since GoD?

Started by Noxdowne Draggout, April 10, 2004, 10:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noxdowne Draggout

Is getting to Plane of Time even worth the effort when so many items that drop in GoD are equal/better ?

Just wondering about it.

I look at pretty fair weapons and gear (for Beastlords anyways) being found pre-time and then think of all the GoD Augs/gear that is available and I start to wonder if it is even worth the bother.

Any thoughts?

Nox

Sempai

You will not get far in GoD without Time gear, plain and simple.

We raid GoD 5 nights a week and have since it shipped, and we still farm Time for 1 day to better gear up for the demands of GoD. 40+ loots in one day just too much to pass up. Plus, we have not found a great zone in GoD that has loot falling from the sky like Time does.

Of course, this could change in the future, but as of right now I would say Time is absolutely required if you want to go to Kod'Taz and beyond.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Choppin

Just for fun I made a beastlord profile with GoD drops only (no augments cept on adventurestone atm), it can hold up very well against a full time geared beastlord, its theory tho to get all those drops:

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=599008
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Sempai

I was not saying you could not get better gear from GoD, my point was different, as I will try to explain.

You will have a hard time winning those encounters if your guild is not well geared by Time.  The guilds that have not farmed time on my server are not progressing in GoD quickly. Even getting Kod'Taz flagged is hard for their best members, let alone the entire guild. Even the group trials that start in Kod'Taz would be really nasty without time gear.

Furthermore, most of those drops are raid encounters with lockouts, which means a good week of GoD farming might result in 20 drops for your entire guild of that quality. Spread those 20 drops across roughly 50+ people and it will take quite some time to farm that much gear.

That being said, there are many upgrades in GoD, even for people that have been farming Time for a while. I already have 7 GoD items myself, 5 of which are from group trials. Plus, I got Kod'Taz flagged by doing all of the group trials, as we found the smith after I was already fully flagged. So, even a non-guilded person has a shot at these in theory, but it would take some of the best non-time gear found in the game in addition to a really solid group of players.

I am the officer in charge of recruitment for my guild. We are still requiring all applicants to get their Time flag. So, you can see that I still believe Time to be worth it.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Valsuvious

I really think that it's a good idea.  As much as some people have cringed at it, I think that overall it's still beneficial to others.  I'm noticing that in Uqua maybe even though we've managed to farm time for 8 months or so, outside of our top few people at each class, the other ones could use the upgrades for this zone.  I think that especially it shows during the ikk trials when you have some guilds that have had a really easy time getting people through them when other guilds have had an extremely difficult time.  In Uqua and beyond you are going to need to have everyone in the guild be very well equipped.. and that includes new recruits too.  Time is prob the easiest and best way to do this.  Getting someone their time key may be a pain, but in the end, it's still worth it.

Voidstalker

I agree pretty much with that everyone else stated.

In GoD there was no significant level/spell increase so to skip Time would make GoD tuffer.

It is not comparable to skipping VT as some guilds did back when POP came out.

Katonca

Skipping TIME could probably be done....and move to GoD,but it will depend on how geared out you are in EPs..

Mobs hit Really hard in GoD....

But more to the point, Time is a total loot farm.  With the time required, its hard to beat.  Ya ya once your there.
Katonca
Feral Lord
Brell
KatzCrap

Shere Khaan

Uqua is a hard cap. It would take a long time of raiding GoD to get the guild equipped to a Time level. A guild will not survive in Uqua without a very high standard of gear.

I would think even going through all the hassle of getting a guild Time flagged from start to finish and farming Time would be faster than just going through GoD.

Shere Khaan

Man0warr

Most my guild has EP gear now, and we have 2/4 EP gods down, working on RC and Cor, some of us have finished Tipt and Vxed in our own time, only thing we have raided in GoD is Ferubi - Zun muram and smith. Anyways - no way we can get past Kod'taz without time gear
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe