Main Menu

Fear Trial in MPG

Started by bham, April 27, 2005, 12:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bham

The latest in my line of stuff-I-have-boxed threads.

Did fear trial in MPG today. I boxed my 4 guys (see sig) and had a pally for tanking and a chanter for CC. It all went smooth as silk. The other 2 people were raid equipped but I seriously think this trial is doable by a full group of non-raiders if you know your stuff. In the future we want to swap out the pally for a druid-alt and see if I can tank it. Will let you all know how it goes...

We also did subversion today. Had the same pally as tank, a necro, and a rogue. I boxed Bham, my cleric and a friends druid so we had 2 healers. I had heard that you cant do it without a warrior for /def disc, but I guess that isnt the case...

Now we have those 2 on farm status we are going to try destruction next.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

bham

Tried Destruction and went close but didnt quite have enough sustained DPS. My nukers went OOM because of their crappy mana pools and we didnt kill the required number in time. Survival was no problem. The chanter didnt bother to mez, we just tanked everything at once. Next time we will drop the chanter for his necro alt and try again. The necro has more DPS and his mana taps will help my nukers.

Does anyone know if you can effectively kite the mobs in destruction? If the necro can kite-kill 1 or 2 while the other 5 of us burn down the other 2 or 3 it will make things much smoother.
Bertox

Bulge

Go go, Bham!  I think I am going to wait with this untill these Trials are, oh, let's say  5 expansions old. By that time they might come within my grasp. :D

Sorry, can not give any sound advice but would like to read more about how things work out.
Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.

bham

3 trial wins today, Fear, destruction and fear.

Necro and Cleric got facade of fright from fear runs.

Destruction was a doosie. We swapped chanter for necro. So no mezzer and just me on slows. We got through the waves but I forgot about final boss. Had to pull him with cleric on 20m and nukers on about 5m. Pally did an awesome job tanking, all i could do was C-heal and hope, anything else would have had me OOM on cleric. Necro fed extra mana to the cleric mostly. C-heal was half a sec too late on pally when Master was at 30%. I had to tank him down. I lasted till he was about 8%. Mage pet kept him busy just long enough. Nukers were dropping 1 nuke then had to wait for mana for the next. Everyone was dead or completely OOM when he went down. I think we need to gear up slightly more before next attempt, or swap my wizard for a raid-equipped mage we know..

Oh, I got Horn of Dommcalling from it    :mrgreen:

If you have a competent chanter or bard and a decent tank,10k should be enough, 11k to be safe, then fear is pretty damn easy I think. The others I have tried are definitely tougher.

Bertox

jabby

nice work - thanks for posting, I enjoy reading about how far you can push it boxing.

bham

Tried ingenuity today.

Unfortunately we didnt know all the latest changes.

Bane weapons now poof if you place them on the ground. You need to hand them direct to the tank.

Our set up was warrior with 2 clerics on master. Me tanking the dragorns. A ranger grabbing weapons and hitting master with them and a necro doing a bit of everything, including ferrying weapons to the tank.

Tank went down when master was still at 86%, mostly cause weapons kept getting lost.

We couldnt get rotation right on healers and wasted lots of mana. Next time we will try me doing both halves of healing rotation with cleric and druid. Pally on Master, me tanking dragorns and rogues to use weapons for DPS, and see how that goes.

Our main problem is that we use a necro for destruction and a chanter for fear, so the timers dont reset properly.

Our next goal is to do fear with me tanking. My cleric on heals, 2 mages, a wizard and a chanter. DPS should be insane :)

Did any of that make sense? its late and Im tired
Bertox

Knodey

bham u were botting 4 in fear trial? heh was a good rush with my tanking and my bot cleric healing :) botting in those is tough but the fear trials isn't hard to tank ..

Dreead

Quote from: bham on May 03, 2005, 08:16:52 AM
3 trial wins today, Fear, destruction and fear.

Im sorry if I missed something. Isn't there a 3d lockout on a win?

Maylian

Only on the last trial you win, if you do a trial (fear) example, wait the 1h 30mins to go and do another then come out you will see that fear's refresh is only 1h 30m but the trial you just did has a refresh of 3days. Makes farming trials alot easier and very good fun. Tanking in fear is pretty easy, had our Pally go down then our rogue the other day and I tanked for 5 mins whilst cleric was rezzing, the fearless mobs hit like girls, the normal mobs hit for over 1k and can cause the cleric some probs if you don't keep an eye on them.

Dreead

MAylian you sexy beast!

Yes, the trial is pretty easy. We usually have an SK tanking, and on the first wave he has to fear so I'll be MA on the first wave. THe only thing that really hits hard is whent hey proc that aura of fear on you for roughly 1600dmg. But other then that its great!

Rokath

First off, that is awesome you can 4 box! maybe I just need to move out of my parents place and get  more room and 2 more computers, i suppose i do 3 box some when i borrow 1 of my friends extra computers but I'm not good enough to do trials...

anywho I noticed that you guys do trials quite a bit Dreead, maybe you can get me in on a few just so i can complete them ^ . ^

and Bham you can make ur sig look really cool if you put the link into the names of your characters like so   Bham

any rate, have a good day
Wildcaller Rokath
70th Beastlord of Immortal Wrath
Terris-Thule server

Dreead

Quote from: Rokath on May 06, 2005, 09:44:17 PM
and Bham you can make ur sig look really cool if you put the link into the names of your characters like so   Bham

any rate, have a good day
Rok you could look just as cool with my handmade sig just for you!

MS paint for life.

bham

Knodey; Yes I have 4-boxed fear and destruction, and 3-boxed subversion (playing beast, cleric and a friends druid)

Rokath; I tried the URL-in-name thing but Im a computer spastic really...

Anyone; We have the strat down fine for Fear, Destruction and Subversion. Any tips on Inginuity, Weaponry and Efficiency??
Bertox

Knodey

weaponry, u need a rogue for sure, a good tank , cleric or an uber shammy , and need people with bags of weapons, Pet classes work well pet s aren't mitigated so they do full damage but someone with a bag of different types of weapons does way more damage then a pet , and not to many casters but at least a high powered wizzie, very hard trial to win ...

Knodey

forgot to mention destruction seems to be bugged as of late , but only part of the time , started fine but at 12 minute mark the mobs stoped spawning at 10 minutes 5-6 mobs spawned and attacked my cleric,9k hp on a cleric doesn't go far in that trial :(