Main Menu

Would this system work for a 2-Box ?

Started by Blackmoons, April 29, 2007, 11:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackmoons

Well, with the Aniversary addition I've been giving a lot of thought to 2-boxing... any idea if this system would be able to work reliably ?

Windows Vista
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ 2.50Ghz
1918 RAM
NVIDIA Geforce 6150SE

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

--Blackmoons--

Fightclubx

yea that will work, is very close to what I use and I can 2box with no problem.

Inphared

Just taking a long shot, but if you haven't purchased the PC yet, or you're upgrading soon, or whatever the case may be; don't get Vista. It's got too many kinks in it right now, and I personally despise it. I'm going back to XP soon once I back up all my stuff.

So yeah.

Vista sucks.

Khauruk

It doesn't really take that much of a computer to 2box - healthy ram is the biggest thing.  Settings can always be turned down plenty.  Expecially on the second account, esp. if you plan to play it blind (i.e. controlled by a Nostromo).

I 2boxed a good bit on my 1.5G ram Athlon 1.5GHz...second account had to be barebones, but I kept most things I liked active for the first account.  Some newer zones were a bit laggy, but they were laggy w/ just one account as well.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Shieara

My computer is not nearly that and I two-box.  So I am sure that would handle it.  Admittedly, I play with spell effects off, shadows off, some of the old models, etc. but it still works for me!

Blackmoons

Vidyne

Video card is a little light for EQ, but everything else looks fine.
I have a slightly weaker processor, the same ram, and a slightly better video card, and I get a fair bit of lag with one character on all the lowest settings :)