Main Menu

Worst Luck In The World

Started by Zesh, February 21, 2005, 06:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zesh

Been trying the Final Battle for my Epic ever since the Dec. 15th Patch. I must have the WORST luck in the world!!  We have tryed it 6 times now. Here are some of my experiances:

Try #1: Had a 34 person raid fight down to the hallway just outside the DDA room. After some misfourtune and people getting lost on the way, We wipe when the Soul Drainer Pops on us with many of the raid far behind. Since it took so long to get the raid together and poor planing on time, The Scout Despawns before we can regroup.

Try#2: Had a 28 person raid fight down to the room just next to the DDA room (east room). Everything goes SMOOTH. Had SK pull and FD in Hall, then had Bard tag Pets, Had Enchanter Tag DDA. PERFECT PULL, he is SOLO.  Enchanter pulls the DDA into the east room, We wipe after finding out only ONE healer had RGC and didnt even have it memed. got the DDA to 67% before we wipe due to healers OOM. We had to go with what we had, not enough people on to help :cry:

Try#3a: Guild leader strikes a deal with a few High end guilds to "loan" us a mega team. We had 43 people for this raid. 30 Minutes before raid time I LOSE MY POWER due to a snow storm in my area. 1 hour after raid was to start I get my power back but by that time half the people that where there had left and couldnt come back.

Try#3b: Since the scout was still up we try to go for it even though we dont have the numbers I'd like to have. We get everyone together and into the east room, but since it took so long to get everyone there the scout AGAIN despawns before I can do the turn in.  :cry:

Try#4: Camped the scout the night before I knew exactly when it was going to be up/down. I had a 38 person raid ready to go an HOUR before go time. We all get there into position. What? there was a server reset last night?? AHHHHHRRGGGG!!!!!!!!! The scout was not up when it was supposed to be and we ended up missing it ( it poped 2 hours later )

Try#5: By this time it is becoming HARD to pull teeth to get people to show up. We manage to scrach up 29 people. We again tryed to hire some high end players, 4 in which had their AAs MAXED. There was NO WAY we would lose!! Come to find out these people had put in for a server change that wasnt going to take effect for a few days, but low and behold their server transfer goes through before the raid ACK!!!!! We went on a shot in the dark try. We get there and AARRGG! the Bloated is up in the East room. So we set up on the stairs and pray for some luck. But since I was late getting home from work, by the time we all get there and set up THE SCOUT DESPAWNS AGAIN!!!

Final Try#6: Had a 36 person raid set to go, this was it, this is the one!! We set up in plenty of time, scout had not even poped yet before we where set up. once in zone we head to East room. THE BLOATED IS UP AGAIN!! Taking a look at what we had, we may have been able to take the Bloated but no one wanted to try as they wanted to kill the DDA and get the hell out of there. Well we set up down the hall away from the DDA room giving the SK/Bard/Enchater room to pull into the valley. Scout pops, hall is cleared, I do turn in. DDA pulled by SK who FDs, Bard Tags Pets, Enchanter Tags DDA. PERFECT AGAIN!! DDA is Solo. But due to PUSH we ended up to close to the hall that the Pets where returning from. Pets Jump in and Wipe us out since we could only get 3 Tanks to come.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THATS GOOD AND HOLY WHY ME!!!! I must have the worst luck in the world!! Either that or SoE does NOT want me to have my Epic. Needless to say I have told my guild that I will not be asking to finish my Epic as I can not bring myself to asking people to keep doing this over and over. Has anyone else had any of these issues?? Or is it really just me??

I know there are other strats we could have used but this was the one everyone was comfortable using. Pulling to the zone was not going to happen as there where always alot of people camping the area and got pissed at us for even asking to pull there. Since my guild doent "rock the boat" we wanted to keep it in the East room. Please dont flame me, I know hat I did wrong in most of the raids and I dont have an Uber guild so dont pick on the little guys.  :cry:

Merescata

Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Moonchaser

If bard faded, pets should not have returned....did he get to far out and lose aggro? sounds like you have the straat down...keep plugging at it, you are close

Vidyne

Pets have a HUGE  HUGE HUGE assist range... if they came back by the raid.. it wouldnt have mattered ...  once they get inside that assist range they would have added, even if no aggro before.

But everytime ive doen Beast 1.5.. pets didnt move unless aggroed... didnt walk back to spawn.. etc

Zesh

Hey just as an Idea, if anyone is on the Drinal server, maybe we can get together and help each other out. If we can pull together a few groups each we can pound DDA a new A-Hole. I know the scout despawns after turn in so it would be an all day event or over a few days. Id be willing to help out any Beastlord get this!! For those of us in Middle sized or Small guilds this is still a very hard raid. Lets put our forces together and help one another.   :-D

Just a thought,

BriguyFV

Hey Bud, Don't pull in that Hallway! That is the worst place to pull to, even the place with the Bloated is really bad. The only safe place to pull to is the zone in. Pull it all the way to the zone in area and you will win. After getting killed 4 times we figured this out. Shintzu is the God of pulling!
Briguy Theomega, 70 seasons/425+ AAs Beastlord

Member of the Chivalrous Valor
Member of the Planar Campaign
FV Server

Zesh

Only problem I see with pulling to the zone in is how do you keep all the adds on the way to zone in clear before repops?? I cant see pulling there without them. there has to be atleast 10 mobs from the DDA room to Zone line. Whats the repop spawn time?? Our guild is not Elemental geared so I would think it would be tough keeping all the adds down, pull/split DDA to zone in.

Stingite

Here's the thing about pulling to zone . . . you're going to have a few pullers die, and if not, you're lucky.  DDA procs root and runs fast and your pullers (although using defensive disc and instant invis potions or whatever pull tricks they have up their sleeves) are running by a few mean mobs as well . . . and that to me = dead pullers.  IMHO . . . you need a team of pullers (2 or more) and rogue SoS draggers (at least one) helping to get the DDA to zone and to get your pullers rezzed up.  Because DDA and his buddies don't reset and the regular run of the mill RCoD mobs do, you're going to eventually get DDA there with minimal adds and hopefully your pull team has split DDA from the warders OR you have a bard that can high sun the warders away.

ALSO, while your pull team is working the DDA pull, your regular raid force is keeping those front hallway spawns cleared.

Pull to zone in, you'll see . . . it works great!

And if you're really worried about it, I guess you could always have your raid force wait in **edit** BF **/edit** while your pull team gets the DDA and any adds to the zone in, wait for the adds to wander away, have the entire raid force zone in to RCoD while invis'd (DDA and warders don't see invis), and then on the count of three unleash your raid's fury.  /shrug

Vidyne

Invis would likely drop running across BF to RCoD from DS :)

The successful attempt we had and the way we will do it from now on I believe...

Camp setup at Grand Historian(main raid force)
Clear to his room... with main raid force
Get back to Camp

Turn in.

With 30-40 we usually have 5min or so before repop, possibly more.

Bard stays at his room

Bard pulled and played with them a bit, I DO recommend 2 pullers, 1 bard if possible.

Eventually between the Bard and the Pally RL, the pally tagged DDA + gator + scaled wolf I believe.

Others did not come

11k hp war on DDA
10k hp war on gator
9.5k hp pally on wolf

All went on gator, then on Scaled wolf, no one had RGC loaded because of misinformation(someone posted wrong strat).

We killed the 2 pets, then got DDA to 40% before dying due to oom.

Rezzed up after bard fade pulled DDA a way a bit to give us breathing room.

Bard pulled the field, then pulled DDA.
With RGC up and people being cured and people staying out of aoe ramp when they got hurt, he died pretty easily, just took a long time to kill him.  About 15 died on the second attempt, almost all melee... who just got unlucky rolls/kept fighting when told to back off...

By the time the pally had pulled DDA the first time, we still didnt have any repops.

We are non-ele geared, only oow/Luclin/some lower planes/ldon gear guild.

This was done on Dec 29th 2004

Stingite

QuoteInvis would likely drop running across BF to RCoD from DS

Crap . . . yeah BF not DS. DOH!  Where's that stinkin edit button when you need one.

**edit** found it! **/edit**

BriguyFV

Ok, the Instant Army has once again defeated the DDA. Thanks to a wonderful job of pulling by Shintzu we got only 1 warder this time. The warder was so easy to kill it lasted about 5 seconds. DDA died without any deaths and I am a proud owner of a bonking stick. We pulled once again to the zone in area, so try there.
Briguy Theomega, 70 seasons/425+ AAs Beastlord

Member of the Chivalrous Valor
Member of the Planar Campaign
FV Server

tunr

Tunr Pishsandwitch
an Officer of
SoulBound of Mith Mar
-----------------------------------
We are the beastlords that say -- 'Roar!'