Main Menu

Dulak from 49.

Started by Whiptail_Warclaw, February 13, 2004, 08:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiptail_Warclaw

I wish i had come to Dulak at 49, instead of waiting until 53.
At 49 I would start off on Stormwave (first ship).
Move upto Lady'D (second ship) at 54, with new warder and spells.
At 56 I'm currently camping on Dando (the 3rd ship). All mobs con DBlue.

Between 49-54, hunting is slowed down a little, by the need to heal, after every 3-4 mobs. I always hunt here with KEI and Virtue (I use Virtue because it lasts as long as KEI). Both buffs are a must, in my opinion. At 55 we get regen and downtime due to healing is greatly reduced. I love Chloro (10hp regen?).
Loot wise, if you have a good session and a few gems drop, you can walk away with 1kpp per KEI, easily. Best i have done is 1500pp.

During the week, I see about 3-8 ppl in the zone. Since I play in the US downtime (early morning 11pm-7am), I have often had Dulak to myself on many occations. Weekends it can get crowded, with upto 20 ppl in zone, mostly camping Stormwave, Lady'D and the docks area. The higher ships tend to be less camped, so once you've moved upto Dando, there's still a good chance of it/them being free.

I realy like dulak and will be staying here for the foreseeable future.
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

Beredor

I agree on Dulak.

I came to Dulak at 53. I spent 49-51 doing underbulks and the Taskmaster's room in Echo (good xp, fair loot). I went to Jaggedpine for Dryads at 51 (better loot, fair xp, zero risk).

At 52 I got the nerve to go to Dulak. I wish I had come sooner. Stormwave is easy to clear with the 49 pet, spirit of storm, and KEI. I was able to do 9 of the 11 spawns on Lady Di as well. With the 54 pet, I can do all of Lady Di and one Boat Scrubber spawn. XP and loot is much better than in the other zones. I have already looted 1 Worn Bandit Tooth, 2 Oxidized Fine Plate Leggings, 1 Sea Worn Ring, and 10-15 blue diamonds. It is riskier than JP in that you have to actually pay attention while you fight but its not really dangerous once you get to the boat without invis dropping. Ice Shard really helps with runners on Lady Di (runners on Stormwave aren't a problem if you pull them correctly and then time their respawns).

I wish I had tried Dulak at 49. I don't think spirit of the storm is determinative of success there so the 49 spell set and pet should be adequate.

Good luck,
Beredor, 54th Barbarian Primalist, Vazaelle
Beredor, 56th Barbarian Animist, Vazaelle

Rholin

I arrived in Dulak at level 51.  At 52 I was able to solo either Lady Dirulia or Stormwave with fair effectiveness.  I didn't always wipe the boat (rarely with Lady Dirulia - 11 mobs with a 20 minute spawn time eek!), but the XP came steady enough.  I tried once without KEI and just couldn't keep up the way I wanted to.

At level 51, I got around a blue bubble and a half for 8 mobs.  At 52, I got 1 blue bubble for 8 mobs.  Now, at level 53, it appears I get a blue bubble for 10 mobs.  So XP is definitely slowing down.

I've never made so  much money soloing.  I've cranked my bank account up to 6.5k in the course of 2 levels.  I'd say that's very good lootage.

Now for the long trudge to 54...

EDIT:  After another visit to Dulak, it appears I am still getting 8 mobs per blue bubble (after 40 mobs I got exactly 1 yellow), so it looks like XP progression in 52 and 53 are similar on Stormwave.

swamprat

At 57 dulak is still good exp. Need to hit boat three for all DB mobs, but there are so many mobs in the harbor I spent an hour walking around mowing down Light Blue mobs and still making good exp and plat.

Nice zone, but I hate the run to sell stuff. It's really no longer of a run then it is from Nugra to the OT, but for some reason I dislike it. Maybe becuase I just use my OT hammer to get out and then I only have to run back to Nurga.
Swamprat and Croczilla
57 Beastlord on Xev, BBSCO
My Really Bad Gear

Phanq

I just wanted to concur with the previous posters.  This is a great place to xp and pick up some loot.  I went there tonight at level 50.  With virtue and KEI I mopped up stormwave.  In about 1:15 I picked up 600p in drops (including 1 diamond and 1 bd)  XP wise it's on par with LDoN, if not a little faster at this level.  I see myself parked here for quite a while.
Phanq - 51st Season - Beastlord - The Rathe server

Keelo Graeham

At 54 I can solo Lady Dirulia easily, and probably the third boat, Dandolak's Run. Dulak is awesome for XP and loot, but I really enjoy the Crypt of Nadox too. The area by the zoneline for Torgiran's Mines is pretty easy to hold with KEI, and sorta difficult without. Granted that's a LONG run to camp, but I think it's worth it.
Keelo Graeham - 60th - Savage Lord - Brell Serilis

BarbBST

Can anyone advise me where is the safe spot to setup camp on the 4th and 5th ship in Dunlak (PL'd with a L65 druid and the druid pull by ensnare.)?

Seems like they always come in a pair or more. :(

Oneiromancer

On the 4th ship at level 65 I was easily able to single pull by just moving directly right up the ramp on the ship.  (On the ramp on the dock there are multiples, but they were green to 65.)  I only got adds if I let the mob run too far, and I pulled with Slow.  After that everything was single pulls since they were light blue.  Perhaps the aggro radius for snare is too large?

I haven't been on the 5th ship ever so I can't help you there.  :)

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Rholin

At 55 by myself I could barely clear 7 mobs on Dando.  At level 56, hasted and buffed, I didn't have much of a problem, but after my gift buffs wore off a shaman came and joined me.  We did pretty well but I couldn't take them out fast enough to clear all 12 mobs within 20 minutes.  I usually left one standing and rebuffed, waiting for the first to pop again.

I'm using a Steel Hilted Flint Dagger in secondary and Copper Hammer of Striking in primary.  I usually slow the mob to pull, then debuff with Incapacitate as my warder is chasing him towards me, do a 450 nuke and then melee him down.

Should I be doing more than this on Dando?  I certainly couldn't solo it at 54, and am not entirely comfortable doing it at 56 depending only on a KEI and the rest of my own buffs.  Should I be able to clear all 12?

My unbuffed stats are hp 1665, AC 872, ATK 1012 with 1H Blunt.  I can get my strength to 240 and Dex to 200 with my own buffs.  My Wis is around 130.

DontPetBear

First thing, switch SHFD to primary and Copper Hammer to secondary.

Stop casting Incap.  That spell is a mana hog and is probably causing way to much downtime for you.  Switch in your 300 nuke instead.

I've got some pretty good gear, and still have a hard time clearing Dando with Kei and V running.  It's a helluva ride tho, blazing thru and non-stop killing while your mana and hp's hold out.  Get VoQ (C5), FO7, Mark of Kazad (Cleric Hp buff) and Pot9 (Druid Hp/Mana buff) if you wanna tear that beach up.  Too bad they don't last that long.

Your hp's and AC seem a little low, but regen is more important on the boat and you have Chloro.  Without a magelo, tough to say where you could easily improve on these areas.  I usually take Lady D when i'm there myself.  Easy camp, about half DB/LB and gem drops are good.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Hereki

Some of the people in the Dulak threads claim that they solo a boat, when it becomes clear on reading that they are missing out some of the mobs.  I wouldn't worry about it.

Without KEI, I don't think I could quite clear Stormwave at 56 (not quite sure of level, the last one where they are all dark blue).  With KEI and Virtue, I could add about 4 mobs to my cycle easily.

Incap is a very powerful spell; yes, it can run your mana down quickly, and without KEI we have to work hard to conserve mana.  I don't think it made a big difference in Dulak, however - in Nurga/Droga, the difference is very clear on the high atk mobs like rogues and warriors, but makes no difference on casters.

kattana

I wanted to throw my 2cp worth in here. I am just dinging 52 and I can solo stormwave (if that is first boat) just under my own buffs. My strategy is I sit on the dock and pull to there. I pull with slow and kitty cleric. I jump in about 40 health and help kitty finish. by the time I am done clearing I start in on engineers. I would love to have a kie but I earn a yellow exp every 45 min right now. Just balance your time and buffs. The only buffs I use is spiritual brawn, protect, sow and frenzy and spiritual radience now. If I get in trouble I can run to zone. Not many people camping zone when i am on. kill to docks so zone is clear of pickup most of time.

Awesome zone by the way I plan to stay here until I have to leave for exp some where else.

BarbBST

Quote from: OneiromancerOn the 4th ship at level 65 I was easily able to single pull by just moving directly right up the ramp on the ship.  (On the ramp on the dock there are multiples, but they were green to 65.)  I only got adds if I let the mob run too far, and I pulled with Slow.

Thanks, do you mean the entrance to the ship (on the ship itself)?  

Anymore 5th ship camper can enlighten me on the safe spot to setup camp?

TIA!

Gharrik

Any of you Dulak folks seen a Worn Golden Tooth drop in your time there?  I've been sitting on the first dock (one next to Stormwave without a boat) where there are 2 boat scrubber spawns hoping for Vurag, but I've only seen him once and that was over at the Lady D and he dropped the belt.

Anybody know how rare that tooth is?  And does Vurag really spawn at any boat scrubber spawn?  Or just the one on the Lady D dock?

JillieMT

Quote from: GharrikAnd does Vurag really spawn at any boat scrubber spawn?  Or just the one on the Lady D dock?

My experience...

In MANY hours of hunting here I have only seen this guy once. Spawned at the end of the Lady D dock, and he didn't drop the tooth.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio