Main Menu

Dulak from 49.

Started by Whiptail_Warclaw, February 13, 2004, 08:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumtum Tugger

I think he is a static spawn like all the named mobs.  I have only seen him at Lady D and I have seen the tooth linked one time in many days of fighting there.  I guess there is no way of saying how rare though, not everybody links what drops every time.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=732264" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rumtum Tugger
65 Beast
Lanys
"Back.  Back off.  Gah, you stupid cat, where are you going? ..... TRAIN!"

Oneiromancer

Quote from: BarbBST
Quote from: OneiromancerOn the 4th ship at level 65 I was easily able to single pull by just moving directly right up the ramp on the ship.  (On the ramp on the dock there are multiples, but they were green to 65.)  I only got adds if I let the mob run too far, and I pulled with Slow.

Thanks, do you mean the entrance to the ship (on the ship itself)?

I remember invising down to the dock, and then casting my pet and killing the three or so greens on and near the ramp to the boat.  Then, once I was completely ready with buffs, etc., I went up on the boat and immediately turned right, onto the ramp to the higher part of the boat.  From there I in general got single pulls...the only exception may have been coming down the ramp on the other side of the boat.  If I accidentally got proximity aggro I could get multiples there, but since the mobs were light blue simply using Slow to pull pretty much guaranteed singles.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Hereki

I have seen Vurag spawn at most of the boat scrubber points.  He has dropped the tooth for me twice - probably at least 20 kills.

Rumtum Tugger

Quote from: HerekiI have seen Vurag spawn at most of the boat scrubber points.  He has dropped the tooth for me twice - probably at least 20 kills.

Interesting, never seen him pop anywhere but the one spot.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=732264" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rumtum Tugger
65 Beast
Lanys
"Back.  Back off.  Gah, you stupid cat, where are you going? ..... TRAIN!"

Hereki

It's been a while, but I can confirm Vurag at:

- dock by Stormwave pier;
- end of pier west of Stormwave;
- Lady Dirulia pier by ramp onto boat;
- the 2 spawn point with boat engineer just west of Dandolak's Run pier.

Gharrik

I sat on the pier next to Stormwave (not the Stormwave pier itself) for 2 hours yesterday killing boat scrubbers (2 spawn there) while I did homework.  Prolly just insanely bad luck, but I didn't see a single Vurag.  Maybe he spawns more often next to the Lady D?  Either way, I'm really thinking it's not worth looking for him.  If he spawns next to the D before I pull in enuf plat to buy some handwraps, I'll kill him and hope for a tooth.

Rholin

I also have only seen Vurag once, and that was at the end of the Lady D dock, from which he dropped...  a belt...

Correct that - I saw him again on the SW corner dock next to Stormwave (not the one that leads on to the boat).  Again, dropped...  the belt...

Gelcea

Seen Vurag on the Lady D quay and he dropped...the tooth!

I seem to have good luck with rare drops when I don't need it to wear, or it's an item I can't use anyway.
Gelcea Macha, wandering wolf-tamer of Tarew Marr.
"Run, wolf warrior, to hide your hunger
The rain will wash away the pains of the day
In your eyes there are cold fires burning
Tongues of flame that can never be tamed"