Main Menu

Neriak 3rd Gate

Started by Gharrik, April 14, 2004, 03:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gharrik

I remember reading about this spot on the mage boards a long time ago, so I thought I'd give it a try with my bst.  As a lvl 52 barbarian, killing 3 inkies is worth about 2% regular exp.  Now at 53 its down to about 3% per 5 or so.

But the big benefit is, they're PANSIES!  No risk at 52 (Spirit of Wind for interupting casters) and probably doable as early as 49.

So here goes:

1) Grab some resist gear.  With resists around 100, spells very rarely land.
2) Swap your kick button for slam if you can.
3) Invis down to 3rd Gate, and down to the Library area.  It's pretty safe to set up here.
4) Summon warder, buff up, remember resist buffs.
5) Start the endless killing.

What to kill?

1) Upstairs in library, kill Nallar Q`Tentu.  He's a petless necro, watch out for fear because it will send you toward a couple guards that sometimes harm touch.
2) In the gem store next to Maiden's Fancy, kill the guard right inside door.  SK or warrior, max hit around 100, only nasty if he has 2 weapons, but really no problem.  SKs HT for 401, lifetap/snare/fear.  Warriors have high resists.
3) Go out gem store door, straight down the alley, take last gate on the left.  Go over the big white circle in the floor, through the gate and look right on the bridge.  Kill wandering guard, same as #2.
4) Halfway across the bridge we just discussed, turn right and see a tower.  Somewhere in here is another necro, Krizin J`Narus.  He's pansy just like Nallar.
5-6) Back across bridge, look to the right and see a wooden bridge.  Cross it, turn right, go in the door and to the 4 white pillars.  From here you will see one of the two  X`Lottl guys and a big tower with trolls upstairs.  Leave trolls alone, but kill the two X`Lottl elves.  They are wizards which you will soon equate to "even bigger pansy than the necros."  One wanders all the way out to the water, the other stays mostly in the tower.  Best way to kill both is to fight the roamer (Lisvan) near the tower so Evin will aggro and assist.  You cannot pull Evin from the tower by sending your warder up.  The nasty trolls up there will assist and kill your pet QUICKLY.

This gives you 6 mobs to kill in a city zone with exp bonus.  Loot is up to 4pp in cash with melee type mobs always dropping 11pp sword and 1pp shield + occasional fine steel.  Spell merchants in the library will deal with everybody, no matter how far your faction bottoms out.

Enjoy, and screw HHK.

caught

I came to this site looking for a soloing spot that was out of the way and uncamped. I tried neriak out and was pleasantly surprised.  The mobs were fairly easy and the xp was great. My Magic resist was only 61 so I tended to get feared a couple times, but as long as you click off sow and are walking even that is no problem. I made about 500pp and 38% of lvl 52 xp at this spot in about 3 hours.  Hope this helps other beastlords out.

Caught  Withcatnip
53 Beastlord of Eternal Sinn
Lanys T'Vyl server

danaconda

Ok, you want a good spot to hunt in Neriak? Try this one out.

***DISCLAIMER*** I hunted this area as my lvl 53 necro. I will adjust the following tactics to beastlords, but I used pet tanking with the 49 necro pet. If a necro pet can tank these guys, a beast pet should do better. Also, the only spells I was able to land were lifetaps and the low resist (-200 adjust) fire DoT.
***DISCLAIMER OFF***

Zone into Neriak Commons from Neriak FQ. You will see a dark elf NPC. He should be dubious or better to every race. A little ways up the path from him (closer to zone) summon up your pet and buff him. No need to put the Spirit of Whatever buff on him since these guards have incredible resists and nothing will land anyways. Have pet /guard here and move along the path. You don't want to set up closer because when the guards run you don't want them getting far enough to get help.

These guards hit for around 100 or so (not commonly). They also have low hp and they don't have a high ATK rating because my necro pet wasn't getting hit for max very often.

There are 2 doorways you will pass through (can't remember if they both have a gate, but one definitely does). As soon as you pass through the second doorway, you might run into a wandering guard. Pull that bastage to pet and tear him up. If you don't see the wandering guard, you will notice on both the left and right sides after the doorway are 2 rooms. Each room should have 3 guards in it. These guards are all single pulls at 53+ with the exception of the room on your right (as you are coming out the doorway). In that room is a Dragoon V'tyl or something. Definitely a dragoon. He is the hardest of all the guards. If he's dual wielding be prepared for a tougher fight. He is higher level and will assist the guards on pulls, but they won't assist him. He also wanders so he might not be there.

If he's up, pull him first. After clearing out both rooms, you can move up the bridge and pull either guard. Use proximity aggro to pull these because if you try to cast you get the "cannot see your target" crap. If you can clear out all these guards and still have time before respawn, then move farther down the bridge and pull the next 2 guards.

You should be able to tank most of the guards but I would use pet tanking on Dragoon V'tyl because of his nasty DPS. As a necro my pet heals weren't enough to keep up with the damage he was dealing. I would have to lifetap burn him down.

*** BONUS of hunting here.... EVERY guard drops a sword that sells for 11pp+ :shock: !!! They also drop a shield, a few platinum, and sometimes an extra FS weapon of some sort.***

I hunted this place as a dark elf necro and offset the faction hits with a wine quest based out of Neriak 3rd gate. Being a dark elf, the merchants were very nice in allowing me to sell all the drops from the guards. Not sure how you would unload all those swords being kos to merchants.

This is also a city zone and therefore gets a 33% exp mod for hunting here.

Hope this helps!
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)