Main Menu

The Hole

Started by kattana, April 14, 2004, 09:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kattana

I tryed to go into the hole to hunt and it said I have to have a key to enter. Anyone have some info on this?  I would appreciate it.

JillieMT

The key is purchased from a merchant in Paineel.

BUT....

YOU DONT NEED IT!!

Just shrink up and swim... you can "wriggle" in between the rocks. It takes some practice to get right, and then after that, you'll be able to hit the spot everytime. Aim for the cracks in between the big rocks, and take advantage of the poor clipping here. =)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Jozath

Wiggling through may not work so well after the patch, mind you I haven't actually tried it but numerous other places this glitch applied no longer work.
Jozath - 70 - Beastlord - Bristlebane

Mindlet

Or bribe a rogue to pick the lock.

JillieMT

OK just checked it. I can get in just fine, but cannot get back out. So if you try it solo, bring a gate potion with ya.  :)

kattana

Ok thanks guys for the information.  I shrank down several times and tryed wiggling and it won't let me in. Dang Van shire hips.  Does anyone have the name of the vendor in Panieel that sells the key?

Thanks

DontPetBear

Facing the rock wall underwater, look up in the top right corner for a crack.  Don't try the middle floor crack or the lower right hand crack, i always had to use top right hand one to get in.

Stick your head in it, and twist left and right till you wriggle through.  It gets easier with practice, pain in the butt the first time.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Salebi

For some reason, hitting duck while wiggling left to right always helped me too.

JillieMT

Hehe, trust me, I dont think the wriggle trick works anymore... you can wriggle in, but I could not for the life of me get back out at all. I shrank, tried sitting, standing, kneeling and everything. I had to have a guildie rogue come over and open the door, and even then, I had to camp to return to normal size to get the hell out of there because I was totally inside the rock door when shrunk, lol. :)

Hamtarro

<~~~~ Iksar , could get in EASILY via the lowerer right corner with ducking repeatedly. Also could get out via the same method. Took maybe thirty seconds to figure it out.
Hamtarro Baconator
<Grey Horizon>
Tunare Server

JillieMT

That is good news there. Perhaps with the recent fixes to further improve the collision detection, its been made easier to wiggle through again. I will have to go drag my barbarian backside over there and try it out again... :)

Hamtarro

UPDATE:

I couldn't wriggle in when I tried it about a week ago. Maybe it has been fixed =o(
Hamtarro Baconator
<Grey Horizon>
Tunare Server

Taiglin

Was able to get in and out with 2x shrink this last Fridayish. Iksar.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Groliath

This was as of July 1st, went to the hole with a shammy buddy, Iksar, and myself, Ogre.  Double shrunk he managed to get in easy, I know how to get in past the rock but could not do it, cast shrink again, didn't see a noticeable difference, but I was able to get in from the top no problems at all.  I swam out from the bottom right corner without even a hitch and swam back in and out about 4 times just to be sure.

Hope that helps.
Groliath - 62nd Ogre Beast
Fennin Ro 51 AA's

Willias

What does a level 56 beastlord kill here?  At 52, i managed to get 1% every two kills and an AA point (which moved at the same speed).  I could take the elementals down two at a time if needed, and could nearly constant pull.  Was a fun solo spot.  Anyways, I really liked the zone, but at 54 or so the elementals started going light blue.  Where do I go now?