Main Menu

Waterfall in Nurga

Started by Starree-TP, July 07, 2004, 11:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starree-TP

Last night I was heading to my favorite solo'ing place in Nurga.  Up the water to the right from the entrance.  I could not get up the waterfall!  I normally just shrink myself then zoom right up.  Last night I shrank myself, had sow on, tried jumping, wriggling...everything and couldn't get up the falls.  Anyone have any idea if something has changed, or if they have experienced this problem?  Or perhaps I am suddenlly waterfall challenged?

Starree Night
58 Vah Shir
Tholuxe Paells

Gnarloth

I had this problem about 4 weeks ago, but when I went there last week, I got up with no trouble. Double shrunk myself (can't remember if I ducked or not though) and up I went.

62.10 Iksar Beastlord on Prexus
Xanthic

JillieMT

Since they started tinkering with collision detection a few months ago, I've never been able to get up that waterfall anymore. Shrink, wriggling, jumping, nothing.

I have the GREAT map from the Nurgalopedia, and you can see from that that you can just lev, invis, and circle around to the Stabber Remmy room instead.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Taiglin

Yeah, Iksar here and can't get up double shrunk as well. For what it is worth, my WE bot can get up no problem w/o a shrink.

Probably has something to do with the tail ;)

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Zashir Swiftpaw

I managed to do it as a Vah Shir a couple of weeks ago, but it took quite a few tries to figure out how.  Shrunk once, and probably had sow on.  The trick is to get in the middle and start swimming up... you'll fail over and over, but if you press on, you'll start getting higher in your leaps.  At that point, start to drift right and you'll make it up after a few leaps.  Once I got the trick, I was able to repeat it several times, so I know it wasn't just a one-time thing.

Easiest to do in 3rd person view so that you can gauge how high you're jumping.

And for all that, it was easier still to just invis and go around.

Kromjr

Ogre fully shrinked, half shrinked,none shrinked. I couldnt get up the thing. So i just use my gate hammer :)
Venerable Kromjr - 66 - Ogre Beastlord - Stromm

Xasyn

I think he's talking about the other waterfall to the right after entrance from RM.  The one up to Stabber Remy and friends.

I can single shrink myself and get up the waterfall as an iksar (did it monday night).  Although I immediately camp out and back in once I get up there because I hate being shrunk and fighting in there.

Gnarloth

Quote from: XasynAlthough I immediately camp out and back in once I get up there because I hate being shrunk and fighting in there.

Rofl - aint that the truth... I hate being shorter than the goblins!

62.10 Iksar Beastlord on Prexus
Xanthic

Starree-TP

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I didn't know about the other way around into Stabber Remmy's room.  I think if I have that silly problem next time I'll just take your advice Jillie.  I just don't understand why I could go up it so easily before and why it would suddenly change that I couldn't.

Dakat

If you can solo 1 blue mob near the waterfall without pet, don't bother going up the waterfall.

Get a sow and lev and zone in. Invis up. Drop down the pit and run around to the waterfall or anywhere where there is a gap between mobs.  Load up pet and buffs and make your pet then you can go from there.  If you have suspend 1 or 2, thats even better, but its not required.

Since no normal mobs here can see thru invis.