Main Menu

Nadox

Started by Wendace, July 13, 2004, 04:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendace

Anyone solo in Nadox ?

Dulak is getting slow so I zoned into Nadox where all the lava is, most of the elemntals were DB, 1% xp per 2 kills. nice xp but I dont wanna fight in lava so i swam to bridge area but cannot find a decent solo area...

Any comments or suggestions ? I like the zone and wanna solo here but have no idea where to do it, 2 mobs = running for zone, where can I get single pulls ?
Wendace Stormbringer
Barbarian beastlord
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993734

Willias

Head to the other Nadox xone in.  It's the same way you'd normally go to Dulak, but instead of heading to Dulak turn left to the big temple.  Go past the hall way of Luggald in the temple and once in the big room, head down a passage way to the right.  This will take you to a part of Nadox that has a bunch of trolls that can be easily pulled.  Be warned though, as the mobs have quite a bit of hp.  I strongly suggest NOT heading to Nadox until 55 because of the hp the mobs have.  (You can't kill them efficiently until 55 or 56 or so.)  If you can get a group, go there, slaughter, have fun.  But until 55, you'd probably be best hunting in the armory area, the treasury area, or one of the upper boats in Dulak.

Hereki

The elementals are a nice camp, but have a few problems.  There are only three at ZI, plus 2 more further up the lava river (under the lava).  So although they give great exp at 49+, there aren't enough in the slow spawn time (20 mins+) for it to be effective.  Plus, a higher level elemental will rarely spawn from the corpse of a normal one, which is a tough fight if you are at a level to get good exp from the normal elementals.  Elementals are mid 40s.

The other zone line from Gunthak is as described in a previous post.  I often see lower level groups there.  The first mob that you see as you zone in can spawn as a cloister sentinel, which drops the darkwater pearl ring (hp regen), or some plate arms.  Mobs here can be up to about level 55, but most are 48ish.  The only thing to watch out for is that the caster mobs like to gate.  Fight them at their spawn point if you can.

The best low level camp in here is at the Torgiran Mines entrance.  You can get their by having a porter evac you from either of the 2 Gunthak zones, or by running invis through Torg.  Bring invis potions if you try this.

I am not sure of the level of mobs here, but somewhere inbetween the other two camps.  The shrine bruisers here can all be single pulled, and a straight melee.  Nothing runs when low, if I recall right.  You can run over the gaps in the bridge :).  This is good for a low 50s group, or a mid 50s soloer.  There is a named mob that can spawn on the death of any of the normal mobs.

The other possible camp is the first room south of the bridge over the lava, on the east side, full of furious and vehements.  These are 46-48, all melee.  Most of the spawns can be single pulled at mid 50s; there is a safe camp in the first niche to the right, so long as you keep your backs close to the wall.  There are no wanderers through this camp.  There is a named (lieutenant) with a couple of drops that will spawn instead, and a tougher one that spawns on a corpse.

At higher levels there are lots more camps.  I did the main lava bridge room at 59+, and have camped luggalds and undead at 65.  Exp is a lot better there now than it was back then.

Wendace

iI am level 56, where would you suggest for easiest pulls ?
Wendace Stormbringer
Barbarian beastlord
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993734

Hereki

Try the Torgiran Mines zone line first.  It should be just about right.  If that is too easy, move to the furious/vehements.

Willias

Note the safer Gunthak way, leads to a room with 7 spawns.  Also, the mobs are RIGHT BY the zone line, so if you accidently pull one too many, just turn around and zone out to Gunthak.  (Which btw, is a safe zone out place unless someone trains it with the mobs from the temple.)  The room can be single pulled, but it takes a bit of work.

First mob you should pull is the closest to you after you zone in.  She is a warrior type, lots of hp, mediocre damage.  Next is a male shaman to the right, you can snag him easily.  The shamans can be a little bit more risky, as they can cast two DoTs on you, and have a poison and a ice nuke that do around 250 damage.  However, they have less hp, and cannot dispell (i've never had one dispell me yet).  Once you've cleared those two, the wall straight across from the zone out passage way has 3 more trolls.  Pull the one on the far left first, then the one on the far right, then the one against the wall.  The only trolls left in the room after that should be 2 wanderers, and 2 trolls at the door way to the left.  To single pull the two trolls at the door way, move around and aggro the right troll first by moving close to it.  (If you cast a spell on one or move the wrong way, you'll get both.  The way to do it is to move along the wall next to the troll and get close enough to where it aggros you.  You'll only get one this way.)  After you've cleared the room, just sit down in the zone passage way (Note: Once you've moved out of the passage, you'll see a wall appear behind ya, the passage is a secret aclove, kinda like the secret passage ways in Freeport.) and med back up for the next spawn.  

As Hereki said, there is a mob that spawns in the room that drops a HP regen ring, and theres another troll around there that spawns another named that drops some other item.  Anyways, hope this helps if you pick that room.

Hereki

I pull all the melee mobs first, then fight the casters at their spawn point (they don't gate then).  I think I may have been dispelled there once or twice - so it can happen.

If you get adventurous and decide to pull the higher level mobs guarding the passage at the north (one is usually a seeker) - they are a lot higher level, and can enrage.  You can also get a Prophet spawn instead of one of them, with a couple of nice drops.  On the whole, I'd rather do this spawn with a group in low 50s.