Main Menu

PoJ, the Captains room. Level 59.

Started by Serval, January 21, 2004, 12:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serval

I worked the first dungeon in PoJ on and off from 50 to 57 but found it to be too crowded at most times.  Recently I made level 59 and still needed a place to go when not in a group so I went into the second part of PoJ, the hall opposite of the ZO area with one door.  From that hall I followed the hallway all the way zig zaging left to the end with a large room with two mobs in it.  One is Captain Nyra.  For some reason at 59, if I attack her in the room, the second mob (cannot remember her name) does not agro.  All are dark blue in this area.  You can pull dark blue rats into this room when empty along with any other mob (Tormented Wraiths, etc) from the rooms around.  I pull with Sha's Lethargy and have never had more than one come after me.  Pretty easy work here and I find exp pretty good also.  Just have to get the mobs into the Captain's room or you will get rats adds.  I just wanted to share this.

Have fun and tell me what you think.

Serval
59 Beastlord, Cazic Thule
Lords of Truth

Serval

Has anyone tried this?  And, if so, what did you think?

Dakat

I hunted PoJ for the longest time.  I never really bothered the Captain much, but could have at any time.

When you talked about entering the second area, passing the door and going left to the end, I just stayed at the door in the hallway before you take the right or left. Park your pet in the middle of the hallway. Run out and pull all the Sentrys from the left then from the right. Once they died, pull the rats. The rats and Sentrys here are 1 or 2 levels higher then in the first section.  They still hit the same amount, but have slightly more hp.  The rats also have a built-in proc that lands rarely.  Once you have cleared the hallway, you can start clearing the prisoner rooms.

Like you said, you have been killing the Captain. How long have you been doing so?  Reason I ask is because there are 2 sets of factions in the area.  The rats and Sentrys do not give faction hits. The prisoners do.  The Captain when you kill it lowers your faction with all people NPC (look like normal people) prisoners. It also raises your faction will all animal NPC (look like rats, birds, Sarnaks, Minotaurs) prisoners.  Killing prisoners on the left side will prevent the rats in the hallway from attacking you while in fights.  Sentrys will help the prisoners on the left.  On the right side, killing the animal NPC's lowers your faction the same as mentioned above.  When killing on the right, rats will help out and Sentrys will leave you alone (opposite of left side).

When I camped the hallway, I killed the Sentrys, then rats, then I alternated between the left and right prisoners.  This kept my faction neutral between the 2 sections.  There is only 1 faction hit difference between the 2. This will make you indifferent to both animals and people prisoners.

If you are 59, you can start killing the Gaeor's.  They are not that hard, have about same hp as the Sentrys but hit a little harder then the "Monk" at the exit. Think they were hitting around 199 to 201. They did offer a substantial amount of exp too. There are 4 of them. 2 on left side and 2 on right.  You probably have seen them while hunting in the area.  There are only 2 Gaeors in each section.  When I was level 60 I came here and soloed the spot for AA points.  This was before they made the POP exp change for soloing though.

Serval

Wow.  Great information.  Thanks.

Volsykat

How is the exp per kill here doing this now?
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Dakat

If I remember correctly, I was getting around 2 to 4 blue ticks per kill.  That's ticks not %. With the rats giving 2 and Goers giving almost a blue bubble.

Toln

I visited here at 52 to try soloing.
I pulled a few rats from the second area that you are talking about. XP really wasn't very good though. I seemed to get probably 0.5% (less than 1 blue tick) per kill ib the rats and there was a considerable downtime involved at my level.
Also there is the problem with them fleeing, especially the SoWed ones, but pulling with dispell should help that.

Dakat

Thats probably because your 52 and it's probably taking you 1 few minutes to kill one mob.  At 56 and 57, you should be able to kill one every 30 seconds or so which allows you to kill more in a shorter amount of time which provided more exp overall.

Forgot to mention a couple things.  This was done before they revamped POP to give off less exp if not grouped, to prevent to many people soloing in POP.  This was also done before they increased the level range in which mobs are green to you.

Toln

/sigh.. I never really felt it much on my main when the solo XP nerf first hit, but i'm sure feeling it now leveling up an alt.

Groliath

On Fennin Ro the hallway between the two areas is called the "safe hall", which isn't really all that safe /grumble stupid basement trains.  I have     gotten probably 6-8 of my aa's here solo and I have done probably about 2 regular levels solo as well.
I play in the mornings before work, I usually have 1/2 hour to 45 mintues and that's total time.  So I setup Fluffy in the middle of the hall, slightly closer to the door than the open end, and start pulling from the second prisoner area. At 90% reg exp, I like to leave the aa bar moving a little, I can make 1 blue of regular exp, if I am trying to work on aa's and I go 90% aa exp I can make almost a yellow of aa in the same amount of time.
I always try to have virt and kei since I am under a time crunch but this spot can definitely be done with self buffs, it will just be slower.  I find with those two buffs and PoS I can go pretty much non-stop.

This was as of July 8th, to give you an idea of the current exp situation, oh and as a level 59 ogre beast.

ps. remember to use dispell magic, the cleric prisoner mobs will waste time trying to cast protect on themselves, the shammies will go down quicker and the rats, who are oftened sowed, will run away much slower.

pps. with the rats from the second area I find if I have a dot still on them when they get to the 20% run script, either epic dot or venom, they will not run most of the time.  The odd one will but you should find if you hit them with venom at the mid 60% mark they should stick around to be killed.
Groliath - 62nd Ogre Beast
Fennin Ro 51 AA's

DontPetBear

Quote from: Groliathprisoner area. At 90% reg exp, I like to leave the aa bar moving a little, I can make 1 blue of regular exp, if I am trying to work on aa's and I go 90% aa exp I can make almost a yellow of aa in the same amount of time.

This is a pretty bad idea imo.  Sounds like you are trying to maximize exp. for the short amount of time you have online.  If so, being an Ogre (with 15% exp. penalty) you have to put 100% into AA.  This will 'take away' the exp. penalty.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord