Main Menu

PE, is it better to wait?

Started by Groliath, August 05, 2004, 01:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groliath

I was wondering if there was a difference in return from PE if you max out nd, ca, and cs and then get it. or grab it as you have points and it all nets out in the end.  
I have nd 1, ca 1, cs 1 and in my usual hunting group I get tanking duties a fair bit, so I was saving points to go for ca 2...I am now at 5 aa banked because I couldn't decide if ca 2 was better than getting pe.  I will continue working on the defensive aa's but my question is this, pe now? or later?  :lol:
Thanks in advance all.
Groliath - 62nd Ogre Beast
Fennin Ro 51 AA's

Tastian

It doesn't matter when you buy PE, but matters if you have some ND/CA/CS.  Whether those are maxed, rank 1, rank 2 you get the same bonus out of PE.  Also you can buy PE before you have any rank in those and then once you buy the first rank of the other skill PE's bonus is automatically there.  For instance I bought PE before I had any ND.  Once I finally did buy the first rank of ND I got a boost to hps for ND1 + PE.  I'd probably buy PE now just because you already had the 5 and the next rank of CA only costs 4 hehe.  Whichever works though.

Hereki

What Tastian says, plus - it's worth the investment in PE as soon as you have 2 out of CA/VS/ND at level 1, or even just one at level 2.  I'd probably choose to go CA3, CS1, PE, etc, though.

Oneiromancer

I did CA3, then 1 each in CS and ND, then PE.  As soon as I get SCF3 tonight I'll start working on finally finishing up ND.  Will still wait on CS since my AC barely breaks 1100 with normal buffs and CS doesn't do much unless you're near the AC soft cap. =/

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired