Main Menu

Earning AA's ....

Started by rhorse, July 25, 2004, 05:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aneya

If HCB requires toons to be 50+ as the original formula suggest, then 51 is the best level.

Basicaly the greater the difference between your lvl and the mobs lvl where Mob lvl > Your lvl, the higher the HCB so its in your best interest to keep the druid as low as possible while still getting the HCB.

On the other hand xp is not divided evenly in a group.
So the lower lvl toon gets a smaller piece of the pie before HCB which might not be a bad thing if your goal is to maximize AAs per hour for your main toon.

HCB increase by 13% per lvl difference.
in a group of 2, xp share changes by about 0.5 to 1% per lvl difference. Using the formulas listed above, I estimate that a 65 grouped with a 51 will split xp the following way. 56.6% to the 65 and 44.4% to the 51. And a 65 grouped with a 52 will split xp the following way, 56.12% to the 65 and 44.88% to the 52. So gaining one lvl would reduce the HCB by 13% but increase your share of the base xp pool by 0.44%. Since 13% is > 0.44 it seems in your best interest to keep the druid at 51. However that is a suming that all mobs are 55+ which they are not. I estimate that between 1 in 3 and 1 in 5 mobs are 55 in the part of GE you are doing so you only get the HCB 20 to 33% of the time. 20% of 13% is still 2.6% which is still greater than 0.44% so I think it woould still be best to keep the druid at 51.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Kitvear

Thanks, that's what I was kinda suspecting.  I can hold him off at 51 for a bit where i'm at (well, I got to get him to 51 before I start holding him off, but that should be by the end of the weekend) Eventually though I will  have to run him to 55, I'm not sure how many AA's you can bank.  I will try and keep carefull notes on how much exp the druid gets per kill on normal when he hits 51 and how much he gets per kill AA.  From all i've heard I suspect that at 51 its gonna be the exact same but I am gonna test it for myself.  Once I have a baseline of how many kills of a willsapper it takes to get him a aa I will try and move to passed the portcullis and see how much of a difference the higher mobs make.  I will try and take careful notes incase anyone else gets interested in leaching aa on a second account pet.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=706403

Kitvear 66  Beastlord
Vearlis 67  Chanter
Zebuxoruk

Xarilok

You can bank 30AA fyi.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Aneya

Past the portcullis there is a safe spot next to Servitor of Luclin spawn. Next to Grieg's there is a semi safe spot, only 1 roamer. I think there is another in a room just before the courtyard on the other side.

Kitvear

Thanks again.

I logged on when I got home Friday and started wailing away at the willsappers.  At 50 my lil druid was getting a blue every 4 kills, compared to getting a full yellow per 14 at 49.  I dinged 51 on the druid in due course and started tallying up the number of kills it would take him to get a blue at 51.  At 7 kills he had gotten 3/4 of a blue.  I checked track to see if all the mobs were still red to him and they weren't about 1/4 of the mobs on track where now yellow to him.  I figured it was time to move deeper in.  I gated the druid out and rounded up his fixed duration invis and superior healing then moved my lil wolfpack further in.  At present I have my them parked just outside the porticullis and am "feeling out" the mobs there.  They are all red to my druid and he is back to getting a blue every 4 kills.  But the fights are longer and the mobs hit harder.  On a typical beligerent guardsman the fight lasts long enough for scorpian venom to run twice.  Even though the fights take longer I'm more satisfied with it.  I still need tons of AA on my beastie as well and now I am getting to see his aa bar move too.  I will try and find a good printed map of the zone and see if I can find that safe spot.

So far I've gotten 4 double pulls and once 3 on a pull.  I hit my defensive hotkey and got them all slowed then dotted them all and stayed in the middle of the pack of mobs while my druid dumped his new heal on me.  3 at a time is a tough fight, but with defensive, paragon, bramblecoat +shield of thorns for a 27pt ds, it's doable.  If I ever get 4 I know enough now to not even bother trying to anything, I will just have the druid evac us.

Thanks again for all your help :)

Kitvear 66  Beastlord
Vearlis 67  Chanter
Zebuxoruk

Aneya

So for the Willsapper camp, at 50 you where getting 1 yellow every 20 kills VS 1 yellow every 14 kills at 49? And at 51 it was approximately 46.6 kills per yellow. However at the portcullis you are getting 1 yellow every 20 kills. Now if it takes twice as long to kill a mob, it is not much better than at the willsappers.

Have you tried using your Druid to harmonize mobs before pulling. That should help with single pulls.

Kitvear

Yeah I got to that eventually.

My first double pull was from stupidity.  the 2 guardsman facing the porticullis are far enough apart that they don't aggro each other.  I assumed that it would be the same for the other 2 pairs on the sides.  It wasn't.  The 3 pull was when I walked through the door opposite of the porticullis and found the 2 guardsman on that side of the door.  I ran back to my druid and picked up the newly repopped willsapper to join in the fun.  The second double pull was on the same 2 guardsman, I harmonied them but when I slowed one and ran back through the other aggro'd anyways.  (That time I let my pet tank the add just to see how he did),  The 3rd double pull was on a resist.

QuoteNow if it takes twice as long to kill a mob, it is not much better than at the willsappers.

True enough, I eventually got to where I could kill 16 at the old camp before it started to respawn.  Now i'm just barely pushing 9 before the whole mess starts repopping on me.  I'm having more fun at this camp though, I'm not sure if it's just because I was starting to get bored at the old camp and this is something new and more of a challenge. I have so much room to improve my toon, just through aa alone. I don't have critical affliction, ambi, sinister strike, beastial alignment or double riposte.  I'm at pet flurry1, pet crit1, WA1, spell casting fury1 .  Even if I'm not making as much exp as I was, I still want to stay camped here, now it's a matter of improving my killing ability and seeing how many mobs I  can get up to before it starts to respawn.

Kitvear 66  Beastlord
Vearlis 67  Chanter
Zebuxoruk

Araden

get druid to lvl 63 i think the spell is,  their highest lvl charm.  then park BL and use druid to rake yer xp in postorms forest frogs.   Unless yer dead set on only using BL to get xp with  :P    Frogs iirc in that area is about 6-8 of em and they respawn in about 20ish minutes... the frogs are about lvl 61 and are great xp.  Many a druid or kiters has racked xp in off em.  No real loot though off em, basically a pure xp camp.