Main Menu

Divine Arbitration and pets/warders

Started by Choppin, August 05, 2004, 03:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choppin

Would be neat if clerics Divine Arbitration skill (to even out grp members hps) would include pets hps, maybe have Pet Affinity AA as prereq to allow that.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

mampf

that would be cool although i fear they wont put it in . and yes imo pet affinity would be a must.

Liga

Makes sense, but doubt it will ever happen.

Hereki

Actually, that would be a really bad idea.  It's the perfect recipe for clerics to play "let's kill the pet with DvA" - at least it's better than them playing "kill the shaman every time he cannis".

Pets have lower hps than players, even when buffed, unless you group with some very poorly equipped casters (which I guess is possible).

Ooklak

Yeah, but pets regen at such a rate that you'd just have to /hold him a few seconds to let him regen it back.

Vidyne

4200 + 390 + 1450=6000, thats.. not too shabby id say.

6000 + 225=6225(thats with pet affinity)

Just get a V on your pet and then buff him.

4200 unbuffed HP isnt too bad... or at least I thought it wasnt.

Hereki

Depends on who you group with.  A good recipe for dead caster, I'd imagine :).

Choppin

Quote from: HerekiActually, that would be a really bad idea.  It's the perfect recipe for clerics to play "let's kill the pet with DvA" - at least it's better than them playing "kill the shaman every time he cannis".

Pets have lower hps than players, even when buffed, unless you group with some very poorly equipped casters (which I guess is possible).

Thats what I did, and I was rather shocked when the cleric in the group did use DvA putting the casters down to 65 pct from full health, just to even out the grps hps somewhat, if my warder would have been included in the even out process I bet the caster would have dropped only to 75 pct.
I think it would be healthy addition to gameplay for all, inlcuding nonubers and casters.

I dont know what you mean with "kill the pet" via DvA, if the pet was at low health it should of course receive health from the DvA.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Hereki

It depends... level of group members, level of DvA that that the cleric has, and the amount of damage to be healed.  Clerics mostly use DvA as an emergency no aggro heal, so imagine a cleric with DvA 1, a 10k+ tank, and a lesser equipped caster.  It can easily take out a low HP group member if more than one tank is at low health.

Dummkopf

DvA cant directly kill you, but it can drop your health below 10% which increases the possibility of low health aggro. Got killed that way several times back when i had very poor gear.

Caali

DvA has saved more people than its killed I'm sure. Like anything in this game, a good player will use it wisely, and a dumbass will use it and get more people killed than it saves /shrug.
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Choppin

It really shines with a good paladin in grp.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord