Main Menu

Customer Service SUCKS!

Started by mac173, April 05, 2004, 04:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorathir

Quote from: HrannI've had problems using the /bug feature.  Can someone please tell me how it works?  Do you type in /bug <message>, or just /bug and then do something after that?

Yeah, just type /bug and a window will pop up. Enter the details into it and click 'send.'

Hrann

OK, good - I've done that, but I didn't get any message back saying, "bug sent" or "ok" or anything really.  I wasn't sure if something was missing.  Thanks.

You can get port potions for 200plat, gate potions for about 300 on my server.  Still, not exactly newb gear.

Oneiromancer

Quote from: mac173I don't know how to get a Thurg gate potion

There's a nice write-up in the Quests board as a sticky.  You might be too low level to farm Velk's for the velium and silk, but you can buy it all in the bazaar.  Basically you will just need to be high enough level to group in GD so that you can get your Coldain faction up, otherwise it would be any level.  It's a very useful potion, and relatively cheap (less than 50 pp to get Pottery up to the trivial level at most), so worth taking a few hours to do for sure.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

mac173

Thanks, good tip. I printed that so I can work on it.

I know prices vary server to server, but on Vazaelle, this is still going to be a rather expensive potion. I have grouped in Velks, and the Blocks (Bricks?)  of Velium I looted sold for 110pp each, and the Christaline Silks for 25pp each. Expensive ingredients for a newbie.

When I first started EQ, my first char was a human Cleric. My first Quest was to take a potion to each of about 12 guards, in alphabetical order. The last Guard is in OOT. You get this Quest at level 1. I Suppose the answer most would give me is that at Level 1 you can just die and respawn, but to me that is an exploit. There should be a way out of the zone.

Rytath

Simple fix... run to dock and /Q   .. done

Tighe

From today's patch:

QuoteApril 21st, 2004
----------------------

Headlines!
- Boat Gnomes are now available all the time. (and I thought gnomes were only good as appetizers)
- A new edition of the newspaper is available in your home town. Come and get it!

See? They listen.  I know I wrote to them and submitted a feedback.  I'm sure lots of other people did too.

Now why this was fixed over some other more "pressing" issues, I have no idea, but at least you won't get trapped in OOT anymore mac. ;)

mac173

I saw that message and almost fainted. It is the first tangeble evidence that there really are people at SOE, and not an AI.

It IS nice to see reaction to a problem. Why this instead of others is most likely due to time. This fix took nothing more than the decision to leave the Gnomes up (do nothing) instead of poping and pulling them when the boats were alternatly up or down. Easy fix.

The Trolls and Iksar BL's looking for size issues to be fixed, and the Vah Shir and Barb's looking for shrinking to be fixed should take this as a clue. If it was easy, they would have done it already just to shut us up. There must be some permutation of the problem we don't know about that they can't figure out how to fix.

Tormak

One thing about OOT. if you need to clear agro , now im not sure if it still works i havent been in trouble in oot for a long ime, but if you jump in a canoe it wipes agro and your ok.

Tukash

Quotebut if you jump in a canoe it wipes agro and your ok

It only clears aggro while you are on the boat (or at least used to, I haven't been there in a while).  If you get off the boat and mobs are still in range, then they will be heading back to you.  You can hop on the boat and camp out safely to clear aggro though.  Also, when I was hunting fury's and got too many, I could easily run to the AC island (keep lev handy) and camp out to clear aggro.  Just another idea.
Tukash - Feral Lord, Tarew Marr