Main Menu

Ruined City of Dranik epic fight!

Started by Yzak, September 24, 2004, 05:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yzak

After you get the cloak from Muada, travel to Ruined City of Dranik.
Erana is at  -1019, -253 (Under bridge)
Unconfirmed but my hunches are that she is up for 2 hours then down for 2 hours.  For instance right now im waiting for her respawn because I turned my cloak in with her about to despawn.

Hand her Elder Cloak of Resiliance from Mauda.

[Thu Sep 23 23:25:20 2004] You tell your raid, 'okay, spawning mob'
[Thu Sep 23 23:25:23 2004] Erana Farrel says 'Egads, me friend.  It has been summoned from the ground.  Take as many friends as ye can muster.  Ye are going to need them.  This creature will be surrounded by summoned spirits of our very own warders.  Ye must release as many of those abused spirits as ye can and dispatch the animist.  That beast must have something he uses to control the warders.  Return it to me!'

Spawns (413, -1466)

Discordling Dark Animist has been slainl!
[Thu Sep 23 23:33:09 2004] You gained raid experience!

He has 5 Warders,  one of every race.  All slowable (not sure about migitate)  they hit for 600ish.

He has a good amount of hp, or so it seemed to me, since our dps was allocated all over the place.  We offtanked and killed adds which seemed good until the AE dot which was 1000dd + manadrain/hp like 100ish per tick.  That made our clerics go oom.  It was close, we had 18, pretty much all elemental quality/few time pieces.  Hits 800ish.

Things you want to know before you turn in his cloak.

-Set up your raid force in the hall.  There are a trio of Dragorns that might get in your way.  Have you raid pull them, then hand in your cloak.
-The event despawns in an hour.  It was bad for me considering I had no clue what was happening the first time, had to run around the zone and find out what the deal was.
-You can get another cloak by speaking to Mauda.

[Thu Sep 23 23:33:13 2004] --You have looted a Discordant Totem of the Feral.--

Here I am, waiting on NPC to respawn, another 2 hours.
Wildcaller Yzak
Drinal Marr

Paayne

wow nice i cant wait to see what you get....  

Btw what cloak are you talking about?

Caave Monster

He's talking about the Elder Cloak of Resilience you get from Muada to turn into the lady in Ruined City of Dranik to spawn the mob.

Good Job Yzak!  :D
Caave Monster the Vampire Hunter
Troll Arch Animist
<Triton> Povar

Zurash Kittenclaws

Grats on your fault, would be great to see if this is the last fight and you get your epic hehe. :)
Elder Zurash Kittenclaws - 70 Beastlord - Lanys T'Vyl Server

Caradis

ya, and the cloak is just a nostat turn in item, so dont worry bout it :)

Lemure

I'm missing somthing, how do you get the cloak?

Sempai

There is a step in Dranik Scar that has not been posted yet.

I have the item to trigger it, but could not round up the support to get it done yet. Hopefully, someone will post this soon, or I will if I can round up a team to help me some day.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Quinnotetiquan

Can you give us more info about the encounter?

Roarinn

Just fought this fight. Here is how i did it:
(many thanks to Yzak for the very useful info. I will be adding some of it to my post, i hope thats okay ><).

We had 14 people all level 70 with Time/GoD gear:
2 Wars (Both 13k+HP)
1 Beast(me 10khp)
2 clerics(Both 6-7k mana pools)
1 druid (6k mana pool)
1 ench
3 wizard
1 ranger (8k hp)
1 necro
1 rogue
1 Paladin (10k hp)

I ran them all to the hallway he spawned in -- Soon as you zone in, head outside to the valley, hug right wall as you go up the valley till you reach a tunnel to the right.
Go into the tunnel and follow till you hit a wall, then hug right wall, and take your 1st right.
Youll see steps, **DONT GO UP THEM**. Instead, take a left just before the steps.
Youll see a small hallway and stairs going down into a room with 3 Dragorns. Kill those dragorns when you are ready to do the turn in to Erana. (Location of room with dragorns is approx. Pos 431, Neg 1466)

Put the raid in the middle of that small hallway, buff up and go over the tactics(ill explain in a sec).

Now head over(by yourself) to Erana Farrel. Her location is approx.
Neg 1019, Neg 253. She is under a bridge in a corner. Here are directions to her from the zone in:
Exit the zone in tunnel and go outside past the archway, there will be a bridge to your left. Go over the bridge and youll see another bridge. Under that bridge is where she spawns.

Now she spawns kind of weird, shes up for 2 hours or so, then despawns for 2 hours or so. Very very very annoying ;p

Anyway-- Hand her the Elder Cloak of Resiliance from Elder Muada, after the raid has finished off the 3 Dragorns in the room. Make sure they are back in the hallway just atop the steps.
After handing her the cloak, 6 mobs spawn in the room near the raid. They are a Tiger, Alligator, Wolf, Bear, and Scaled Wolf.
There will be a named out of veiw from the hallway. He stands behind the 5 Warders. His name is "Discordling Dark Animist.

Now the mobs--

The 5 warders hit for 656 Max. Each one of them is fully slowable. They are unmezzable, they summon. Im not sure if they leash. one of them agroed a cleric at the top of the steps and killed her, and that far wasnt a leashing point.

The Discordling Dark Animist hit our tank around 700-800ish.
He doesnt Enrage, or Rampage. Not sure if he is fully slowable.

He also AEs every minute it seemed. AEs name is Discordant Feedback . Its a 1000 damage DD plus a 100HP/Mana/Endurance a tick dot. It has Negative 300 Prismatic resist adjust.

The tactics I used--

After mobs were spawned, I ran back to the raid. The Rogue gave the tanks all pre-targets of the adds and the named. Then the main tank(1 of the warriors) rushed the room and agroed all the mobs. Then he AE taunted.
Enchanter and myself slowed the mobs ASAP. Named 1st.

Then the offtanks peeled off the adds and tanked them. One of them had to tank 2 at once(warrior). I tanked one, pally tanked one, and the ranger tanked the last. Me and the ranger got our best agro on our mobs, then we ran to the named and started to DPS the named.
Wizards nuked, ench nuked, necro dotted/lifetapped. Around 40% HP, we Offensive disced the named, and the wizards burned.
The named went down. The adds DONT despawn. So kill them. They all run at around 10%.

After that, loot the "Discordant Totem of the Feral" off the named's corpse and hand it in to Erana.

Thanks to my guild, Night Eternal, for the help. It was around 4:00 AM by the time i finished so everyone was up late ><

Thanks again to Yzak for the very useful post, I couldnt have done it without the info.
Thanks to the Beastlords of this forum for the info they provided early on <3

Sorry for the long post, and my post structuring ;p
"Please... tell me the answer... ...is fate unchangeable? If something... ...can be right and useless at the same time... ...why can't something... ...be wrong and priceless? Even at his most powerless... ...man's existence is never without meaning..." -- Suikoden

Wenian

a few questions :
-can dot 100hp / mana be cured or should it be ignored
-approx how much hps does the named have, thus can we zerg him or does he take time to kill so we gotta be careful clerics dont go oom from dot
-how fast do pets hit when slowed
-are mobs easily slowed ?

last question, Im in an EP guild, dont have too many warriors since we lost 2 but do have a few pallies also may be able to get some more. How many would you recommend for EP geared chars ? since you did it with 13K+ hp warriors which I cant get and personally I only have 8k hp fully buffed.
Krakerz Ikmercy - Beastlord
Korriann Havmercy - Druid
< Magus Amicitia - Antonius Bayle >

Roarinn

We ignored the DoT, but if you wanna cure it, RGC gets rid of it.

He doesnt have many HP, he died pretty fast. Zerging will work, just get adds under control.

They hit pretty slow, Fully slowable.

Yes, i only got like 1 resist thru the whole fight, but it may have been because of ench tash.

EP guild, 3 groups maybe? just get some tank power, cleric power and wizard/rogue dps and it will be np.
"Please... tell me the answer... ...is fate unchangeable? If something... ...can be right and useless at the same time... ...why can't something... ...be wrong and priceless? Even at his most powerless... ...man's existence is never without meaning..." -- Suikoden

Raaski Razorclaws

Anyone tried snaring/kiting the warder mobs around while main force focuses on named? If they can be snared/rooted it would be possible to do the encounter with much less I'm assuming.

Gospodar

Ok some info from last fight.

First of all ALL warders are immune to changes in runspeed. All mobs are also fully slowable. Named has quite a lot of hps but him, like the warders, hits like a wimp. One tank that can tank KT can easily tank 2 if not 3 adds with 1 healer on him.

All in all... for Qvic+ people this is 2 group MAX job everything above that just seems silly(like it did for me today  :lol:  )

Gos
Gospodar the Defender of the Ages

Erollisi Marr - Divine Grace

BriguyFV

What about resisting the Discordant Feedback? If you have a bard in the group can it be resisted? This sounds like a hard fight but I have some friends that are up to a good challenge
Briguy Theomega, 70 seasons/425+ AAs Beastlord

Member of the Chivalrous Valor
Member of the Planar Campaign
FV Server

Warderr

Can anyone who has done this fight make a guestimate on these three scenarios:

A) I can bring Time Geared folks. How many do I need?

B) I can bring Elemental Geared folks. How many do I need?

C) I can bring Bazaar/Ornate Geared folks. How many do I need?

The answer to these questions will help out planning for this fight. Any answers would be appreciated (include level of peeps suggested as well.)

Warderr N'Wolfie
58 BST of The Nameless
<The Fools Republic>