Main Menu

Ruined City of Dranik epic fight!

Started by Yzak, September 24, 2004, 05:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volsykat

You cannot loot items from spawned encounters without being at that phase of the epic quest, there's invisible flags on your character keeping track of where you are.
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Vorhees

I haven't tried mage COH, but from all I've seen I doubt it will work.  Like I said, it seems no matter how far apart they are, if the mobs aren't aggroed on someone, whenever you aggro one, the others will come running.

Training the trash mobs around while you pick off the boss does seem to work though, since the trash mobs are aggroed on someone.  But again, you just have to be sure the person running the mobs around doesn't die, or the trash mobs will charge you while you fight the boss.

If you have a smaller number of people, this tactic seems best since you don't have to deal with the adds at all.  Just have to make sure you have someone good enough to train the mobs around without dying.

Strigori

It would stand to reason that 5 of the mobs are classified as pets, which would make it impossible to split them in any way shap or form.
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Vidyne

How could your kiter maintain aggro on all 5 unless he has some type of AoE....

I would be willing to try kiting, but I was thinking more of Kiting named and killing pets.

The main monster only attacks for 840 max, some beastlords could solo him

Im sorry, but the day I see someone solo a mob hitting for 990s, and quadding EVERY hit, and only being partially slowable....(besides a chanter that is)

He may have been soloable before they upgraded this encounter, but he is NOT soloable now.

NONE of the mobs are fully slowable anymore, they ALL mitigate it now.
Also thought I saw TWO aoes or two different effects now, I didnt get the chance to look at them, but it was more than just Discordiant Feedback.

I was able to tank him tho, with cleric on me, but it was almost chain Fast heals at 6700 hp buffed.

However with a tank dying on the charge... there was one add running around that ate some of the healers, which caused tanks to die, which caused more adds... He was at 37% when my cleric went down, 34% when his pets all came for me at 24% life.

Vorhees

When I tried it, I basically sent someone in DA'd and had them aggro everything, and then I was able to pull the boss away np.  So it was just the initial aggro and it seemed to hold well enough.  Only after that person died did the warders rush me.

I figured that when they added slow mitigation back in that this encounter would be retuned as well ><  Still not a particularly tough fight esp considering some of the 1.5 epic fights, but harder than stated before with the changes to slow.

Xennova

Ok, I had 22 ppl in raid here is thee list....
All are EP raiding guild about to hit time...missing coir

Beastlord me
Enchanter 1
Ranger 3 or 4
Paladin 2
Sk 2
warrior 2
Shaman 1 real +(1 box)
Druid 1 real+ 1 box + (1 far so he would not pop his epic mobs)
Cleric 3 + (1box me)
Wizard 2

I think that is it..
-move raid to corridor before thee stair going down
-pull thee 2 guys that are there....
-go back to do turn in and  pop all mobs....
-wizard use eye and make person assist them on target
-Warrior MT go defensive and charges thee name agro other mobs and OT takes agro 20 second later a clerics get killed....
i have called  MGB wood-paragon-CR at around 30 second after we enter room might have be best to start mgb CR right before charging  (mobs were hitting here and there while OT were taking agro off thee cleric.....)

First AOE hit and i knew we were going to have it....all thee mobs were off tank and slow and heal were shooting here and their (good job from those guild cleric sure help)
Figth was hard but not really really hard only 1 cleric died right at thee start when all mobs are off tank slow...fight is really easy
-When all mobs killed a treasure chest with a belt have drop cant remember name will try to get link had aorund 130hp+ and ferocity and some good stats attunable... i would use that hehe

(this i have not do) Paladin make sure to put them in good group
i would advice putting a paladin with 2 cleric and another paladin with all other offtank and a cleric....this would have made thing easier i would say ranger-wizard will get heal from CR-wood-paragon and should not really be hit that much shaman-beastlord will get hit at start withmobs unslow they need to stay up

I would have made group like that or something like that if i would have know  what i know now was around that but not totally....
ranger-ranger-ranger-druid-boxshaman
wizard--enchanter-druid
paladin-sk-sk warrior cleric
WarMT-Bst-paladin-cleric -cleric- shaman

Moffett

This surprised me too as I did it just after they rebuffed mobs on 2nd of Ooctober. The warders now mostly mitigate and I think animist is partial from memory. We went in with 16 pre elemental people (some of the egar was better god, oow etc). Had 1 cleric, 2 druids and a bunch of others.

First time we wiped. basically died when animist was 24%. We killed 2 warders (people not assisting MT) and these did not respawn.

Second time we won pretty easily as 2 warders were down.

The changes on 2/10/04 added the mitigation to OoW mobs again and also increaesed the ATK significantly. These guys were hitting for max quite a lot with all but OoW def aa's maxed and 1650 AC.

I noticed these changes first in Dranik Hollows where I went from tanking 2 easily to wiping on an add 24 hours later.

Xennova

i have not slow thee animalist (not hold cause of shaman)....i have do mostly all-most of thee warder and let thee shaman take care of slow on big mofo

Sasana

Finished this with:

Monk
Cleric
Cleric boxed
Beastlord boxed
Paladin (tank)
Paladin (kiter)
Druid
Shaman

Used one paladin to get initial agro and kite them around the room, pulled the dark animist out and used few monk fade to help seperate agro. Tank paladin then did her thing. The fight wasn't easy, I used my boxed cleric to give the kiting paladin ONE Holy Elixer and got smoked from it. As it was the kiting paladin died with the dark animist ~8% health, we finished just barely.

The kiting paladin took alot of damage over the fight, not sure if it was from AEs or getting stunned occasionaly. Room repops got him at the end, we had cleared it just prior to rushing. The kiting was highly effective though, not a single warder came up during the fight till the paladin died.

Have to say it was the most fun fight I've ever done with one group (and a few boxed alts :))

Eatbugs

Did the final fight again last night for a good friend (/cheer Gourge!) and we had a chest pop.  (Interestingly, it wasn't when things died, it was after the Discordling Dark Animist was looted.)  Chest dropped Shadowed Visor of the Recluse - quite a nice bonus, for the difficulty of the fight.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Giledorm

Finally ready for this fight and was looking through the information for it.  Somewhere on the boards someone had posted a map with Erana's Spawn point, and the fight point marked, but now I can't seem to find it.  Does anyone have that map saved, or point me toward the thread that does have it?  Thanks!
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Vidyne