Main Menu

Final Battle...Post Patch Dec 15

Started by Zesh, December 15, 2004, 10:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zesh

Looking for feed back on if the encounter was updated (like they said it would be) or if it has stayed the same. Looking to do it soon myself, just want to know what to expect so I can plan out my strat.

Tastian

I've been told the fight is updated.  It's easier than it was, but harder than it was originally.  Hopefully some people will try it out and let us know soon.  8)

glaurung

I hope to be attempting this fight within the next week or so, sure someone will update this thread before then. Will try to take damage logs and time the encounter. good luck to any making the attempt before then!
If it doesn't have scales, it isn't a proper beastlord!

Glaurung Uruloki, Iksar Feral Lord of the 68th
Proud member of Wyrd Angles, Antonius Bayle.

Magelo 477663

Tizana

I just did this fight tonight, and finished it with 20 people. I'd say we were mostly POP geared (not elemental), our Tank and one of our Clerics had GOD / Time equipment, though. We had two or three clerics only. It was a close fight. We pulled him to the zone, and used Soniah's strategy (http://www.beastlords.org/forums/index.php?topic=4654.0). We got him into the tunnel with 3 Warders, then we pulled him to the zone in with all 3 of the warders and had a bard High Sun them quickly. I think one or two people died from the Warders. He is partially slowable, had AE rampage and still has AE Discordant Feedback. Though he also has Corporeal Torment, which made pulling him a pain.

Corporeal Torment
1: Decrease HP when cast by 500
2: Root
3: Decrease Hitpoints by 250 per tick
MR (-200), Single Target

It helps to have your bards use Kazumi's invulnerability song to avoid the root proc, or have very high MR.  :-P

It seems he hits for less, I don't think he was hitting for 1000+, but I wasn't tanking. I never did ask the Warrior who was tanking what it hit for. The rampage hits that landed on me seemed to do 500-900 damage. I never attempted this fight before the 15th, so I wouldn't be able to tell you if he has been changed or not. Thanks to everyone who helped me, and especially thanks to Dreckon, the talented Bard on Stormhammer who pulled him to the zone and High Sunned his Warders  :-)
[70 Wildblood] Tizana (Vah Shir) <Defiant Exodus>

Stingite

Got it!

Had 42 people and it was not too difficult.  The pull to zone in was a pain because of the root proc and many a puller died yesterday /mourn.  But we fought at zone in with 5 offtanks and a bard that highsunned a couple.  Range fight to 30 percent and then melee went full burn to kill him.  He does enrage, which is to be expected.  Follow the guides on this site and you will do well.  Thanks for the info everyone and keep up the good work!

Zesh

Grats!! Thanks for the Info! I plan on doing this soon and the info you provided will help a ton!!

trompp

Just got done with this fight.  Had 32 EP geared people in raid.  We fought in his room.
Wiped once while killing the warders.  After rez's we went to re-engage and the remaining mobs and
moved to the bridge across from statue.  Not sure if this was a bug or intentional.  After getting raid to the bridge
we killed the adds and got DA dead. 
MT was being hit for 650 max with disc on.  1105 max without disc.

Zesh

Ok heres what I have encountered while "trying" this raid.

You CAN get the DA SOLO EASY.

We cleared the east room and set up the raid in there against the east wall. using this Strat:

http://www.beastlords.org/forums/index.php?topic=4402.0

Cleared the whole area and hallways.

Once the room re popped and was cleared again I Spawned the DA.

We had a Bard Pull the DA and all his pets (Singing song on Pets) out to the hallway and almost to the exit of tunnel.

Then had an enchanter (although almost ANY class could have done it) Tag the DA.

Pets followed the Bard, DA went after the Chanter. Bard then Faded to clear argo. Pets went back to their spawn point. DA is now SOLO.

Once in the East room, had Tanks on the DA, Range DPS working.....Our only flaw was we didn't have enough DPS and Not enough people with Cure Curse. Healers went OOM by the time the DA was 70%. Needless to say we wiped, but not to bad for only having 20 people and a level 65 Pally as MT  :lol:  we got him to 64% before we wiped. Will be trying this again as soon as I can get a few more friends on, 20 is NOT enough for My guild that is not Time geared, at best we are Bazaar and OoW geared. If better geared a small raid like this "could" do it.

Side Note: New DA Rampages ALOT and casts his DD/DoT ALOT.....DoT hit everyone in the room.....although he does not hit very hard...the Rampage on me at max was 550 and as low as 100. He has a TON of Hps.

Vidyne

Tried that strat while ago when i did mine on Dec 29th.

Bard pulled warders and Ranger tried to tag DDA(he was innate inivs in hallway) 

Bard was good ways out and DDA was little ways back  because of casting his AE

Soon as ranger touched DDA.. all pets came back and ripped him a new one.
Bard played around after this and did some highsunning I think or fading.. I dunno..

Ended up having the bard dead and a large gap between gator, DDA, and scaled wolf and the other 3

Pally RL went up to caves and grabbed DDA(we were at Historian)
DDA came with gator and S. Wolf

Raid killed S. Wolf and Gator.. then all on DDA......   we took the advice here that Curse was reduced to short range.. and not many had RGC up... so we wiped at 40% when we found out the aoe is still 200+ range.

Raid regathered, rebuffed, memmed RGC and killed DDA, Raid was 32 oow/baz geared/some luclin/pop gear peeps.... nothing fancy, not ele-lvl, but just under it.

Otuol

I did this battle last Saturday night.  We had a bard being botted and started the pull.  When our SK tagged the DDA most, if not all (i wasnt pulling) relled back over to the SK.  After the SK got FD off they went off to the bard to destroy him.  Monks went out and between the SK's and him we could never get them split.  They just moved in unison.

We ended up pulling it all to zone in.  The bard highsunned 2, we killed one and then we wiped  :-(.  Anyhow, we rezzed, picked up another bard and pulled the rest again since the pack was corpse camping and had to be moved.  The 2 bards highsunned the remaining warders and we went after the DDA.  Many people still died to the dot.  It's vicious.  We are not ele geared at all.  Mostly bazaar bought stuff.  Just bring enough clerics, a few bards, a solid tank and some DPS and you should be okay.  Good luck on it guys.