Main Menu

Ailing Walrus

Started by Zeragon, July 02, 2005, 08:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeragon

I must have the most unluck with getting things to spawn. First 15h in The Gray to finish my prequest for epic and now I have spent 10h in Sirens Grotto and have yet to see the Walrus. Can someone confirm that he spawns after the patch and tell me how u got him to spawn? I hope that after all my bad luck I will get the mobs to spawn fast in Guntak and ME =)
WILDBLOOD - ZERATOOTH - 70 - BEASTLORD  - BRISTLEBANE

Gariyn

Can't confirm anything since the patch but, I got him to spawn over on the WW side. Camped him for about 7 hours in 3 sessions.

Predator Gariyn - 75 - Beastlord - Quellious

Zeragon

I have been living on the WW side for a week now for about 20h totaly and no freaking spawn yet... I must have the worst luck on spawning mobs.

Shieara

Druid friend saw him on track last night.  So he is still spawning I guess.

It's one of those luck things I guess.  He was up when I zoned in and needed to kill him, but a friend I know spent every night in there for a week camping him (not sure actual # of hours but it was a lot).   What was funny is about twenty minutes after I zoned in one night to help he popped.  We killed over by WW because it seems like there are more possible spawn points for him.

Anyways my friend got his revenge with the ME drop.  It was before they changed the spawn rate and I spent hours and hours camping that stupid dog.

One thing I am wondering...can two be up at the same time?  If not maybe one was up and you missed it since we don't get track.  Anyways just a random thought and idea.  Hope he pops for you soon.

neight

Quote from: Shieara on July 04, 2005, 07:35:13 PM
One thing I am wondering...can two be up at the same time?  If not maybe one was up and you missed it since we don't get track.  Anyways just a random thought and idea.  Hope he pops for you soon.

Surprisingly enough, yes. I was back in SG attempting to farm Crushed Diamond Dust (ugh, never again) and Ailing was up. No Beastlords in zone or in guild needing, so I just avoided it and kept on farming ... until another spawned. I invised up and ran back and forth between the two a couple times to make sure I wasn't losing it.

Neight
Neight Wulfe <Requiem>
75 Barbarian Beastlord
The Tribunal

Zeragon

Finaly after 25h camping I got him  :-D

KirishuRN

Gratz, now welcome to your true hell.....Frantic Ravenous Beast in Maidens Eye

May want to have a healer with you, it seemed to hit a bit hard with lots of HP's.

Oh, and the pleasure of getting that ground spawn in the castle in PoD  :-D
Kirishu's Magelo of <Echoes In Eternity> on Rodcet Nife Server

Some people are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your Face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

felinefury

got mine easily it was up near ww zone sitting there

hokarz

Killing in ME trying to finish the prequest, when the ravenous beast popped. I didn't even know what he was until the the 70 beastlord with me, showing where everything is, shouted Woot! We killed him, I looted and he said I was lucky, hea had camped for 6 hours trying to get it to pop. I think we were in the zone, maybe 20 mins. Thanks Chaar and Firenza :)
Savage Lord Hokarz

Kanan

/rude hokarz

heheh.. jk

I spent prolly only 3, 4 hrs there myself.  had to get a healer to come out to help me bcs he did eat me when I tried him solo back then.  You did get lucky.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Epee

OK to make ya all sick.... I did not camp any of this for more than 2 hours..  The walrus was up oneday when my guild was otw to WW for a 1.5 raid, so got him then ..  and 1 ph kill for the ME mob and he popped..  I guess I was lucky...

noslen

This was pretty easy.. But I have a 70war and druid I box hehe.. I just zoned in used succor with my druid and checked track and he was around the cornor form the WW zone in.. Killed him easily..
70 Beastlord
Lord Noslen

Bristlebane Server

Kanan

oh.. the walrus was flat out easiest part for me.. was getting a port over there to start camping it.. /gu What's this for? /links the item.

So instead the port also ended up being an evac too ;p  He was a lil annoyed at me bcs he thot he'd be there a lil while ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

smuzz

Over 50 rl hours for this mob, got it and moving along greatly now.
Predator Smuzz <Novus Lepus>
70 Wildblood
Xegony

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1227714