Main Menu

DPoC Spirit of Sorsha vs A Crystalline Golem (Post-Upgrade)

Started by Xalmat, March 29, 2004, 11:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xalmat

Spirit of Sorsha Defensive parses

NPC tested against: A Crystalline Golem, in Plane of Valor.

Pet was focused with Summoner's Boon (DPoC). Equipped with Girdle of Magi`Kot, Muzzle, 2 weapons, suit of Phantom Plate, and bag of Summoned Jewelry. Had Furious Strength, Dexterity, Arags Celerity, Spirit of Relic, Shifting Shield, Infusion of Spirit, Talisman of Kragg, and Symbol of Kazad for buffs.

Spirit of Sorsha Defensive

Average 'hit' Damage: 329
Average 'hit' Accuracy: 63.9%
Average 'hit' DPS: N/A
Overall Average Damage: 302
Overall Average Accuracy: 64%
Overall Average DPS: N/A

DPS is undeteminable because slow was used periodically to keep my cleric's mana under control. While unslowed overall DPS was as high as 200. However while slowed and under /pet hold, the pet was often able to regen faster than it took damage. The EQCompanion parse shows it at 144.47 overall, which factors in both the period slowed, and unslowed.

I personally would like to make a longer parse, but i had time constraints to deal with.

[65 Arch Convoker] Sage Xalmat Lunaire (Human) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
[65 Archon] Eiyana Lunaire (Gnome) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
Lead Librarian/Moderator of The Magician's Tower

Bryc

Great parse. My only nitpick would be that it's rare for a Warder to be in Phantom Plate. Since that offers a substantial AC boost, it would affect the average hit.

Interesting stuff.
Bryc ~ 65 Feral Lord of Fennin Ro
Barid ~ 59 Templar
Bric ~ 60 Heirophant (ret.)

Xalmat

[65 Arch Convoker] Sage Xalmat Lunaire (Human) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
[65 Archon] Eiyana Lunaire (Gnome) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
Lead Librarian/Moderator of The Magician's Tower

Bengali

Thanks for the great effort.  I wanted to try something similar myself but PoV is still very camped by people who have more to gain from it than I do.

The thing I'm curious about is how much an improvement (if any) the DPoC has over an unfocused Sorsha pet.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dakat

As far as I can tell what I have noticed about DPoC pet.

Regen is double than without it. 200hp per tic is what I have heard.

Increased level, Spirit of Sorsha, pet level is 61.

Pet is slightly taller when shrunk. Minute comparison. But it could have been uneven ground that made it seem a little taller.

Defence, lowered in my opinion.

Proc rate. Landing a proc more precisely. Since the level increase, makes their proc actually land more often.

HP, really untested myself. This goes along with defense really.  Howso, Well fighting a PoI trash. I had to heal pet 2 times for the fight. This could have been caused by the lowering of the defensive capabilities of the pet or perhaps the lowering of the pets overall Hp.  A true test though needs to be done. Since I only tested it on 2 or 3 mobs before leaving.

Yiktiki

Well hopefully soon we can take longer than 20 minutes to work on parses.  I would like to see the same test on a pet with only Arags Celerity, and then unfocused versions of both.  I tend to just put Arags/Rellic on because of mana or time constraints in buffing the pet.  The difference between unslowed and slowed on the golem was tremendous and I will not be complaining that mages have better pets anymore... my slow > the difference in my pet and Xalmat's pet.

I'm still trying to convince Xal to let me win the next SoAS so we can see how it affects my pet.  He has been less than cooperative so far.
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Bengali

Quote from: YiktikiThe difference between unslowed and slowed on the golem was tremendous and I will not be complaining that mages have better pets anymore... my slow > the difference in my pet and Xalmat's pet.

That difference is really only when comparing the solo beastlord to the solo mage.  In most group situations, the advantage of slow applies equally to everyone's pet, and the real issue is whether a pet can survive long enough for a mob to *get* slowed or mezzed or rooted or whatever.  Warders do not compare favorably here in a lot of circumstances, and can get quickly gibbed if slow is resisted or mitigated.

Speaking of mitigation, depending on how much a mob mitigates slow, the gap closes quite a bit.  Crystalline Golems are fully slowable so the 65% slow > the 22.5% mitigation advantage of the earth pet or the 15.8% mitigation advantage of the air pet.  Of course slow and mitigation stack, so if someone slows a mob then the mage pets will still tank it better.

Conventional wisdom is that if a mob is slightly slowed, then we can slow it 16.25% (25% of 65%), if it is partially slowed we can slow it 32.5% (50% of 65%) and if it is mostly slowed we can slow it 48.75% (75% of 65%).

If the mob is only slightly slowable, then the mitigation advantage of a mage pet basically outweighs our slow.  This seems somewhat rare, although I have encountered slightly slowable mobs on several occasions.  

If a mob is only partially slowable, then there is about a 10% difference between Sorsha and Rathe accounting for slow, BUT the extra 10% damage that Rathe's Son will take vs. a non-partially slowed mob is basically made up for by the hp difference between Sorsha and Rathe's Son.  Sorsha will perform better against a partially bst-slowed mob than Xegony will perform against a completely unslowed mob, but it's not a dramatic difference.  

The thing is, partially slowable mobs are VERY COMMON nowadays, and slow-mitigating mobs appear to be the standard as more expansions are released.  It's something to consider.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tipop

If you're going to compare warder survivability to mage pet, then you have to remember that we heal better too. Even our pet LoH AA is better than the mage's, because healing AAs benefit it.

http://www.shootingiron.com/tipop/notherkrag.jpg" width="500" height="200" border="0" usemap="#nothermap">"Furyhttp://www.talislanta.com/tipop/fury">"Tipop'shttp://www.talislanta.com/tipop/">"Kraggan'shttp://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=120506&resize=true">