Main Menu

Pet Kick??

Started by Xarilok, July 22, 2004, 06:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarilok

So I was in Greig's End, farming named last night.

MT was a level 65 Beast with some nice AA..

I'm only 57, so I am using Spirit of Zehkes...

Then I saw the following kill shot message:

"XXXXXXX's Warder KICKS XXXXX for 25 damage.
XXXXXX has been slain by XXXXXX's Warder!

Now here is the thing, I have NEVER EVER seen my warder kick.  Not once, ever.  I just assumed warders didn't kick because of some balancing issues.  But, her warder most certainly did kick.

She is a barbarian and I am an Iksar if that matters.

Do warder's gain the ability to kick with the level 58, 60, 62 or 64 pets??
Do barbarian warders kick all along, and iksar are bugged?

Anyway, whats with this? Why isnt my warder kicking?
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Tastian

Are you sure it was their WARDER and not their PET?  The pets proc'd by SPFs will kick/bash.  Originally our pets focused with DPoC would gain the ability to kick, but this has since been removed.  I will double check my logs fast, but I don't recall my warder "kicking" at all.

Just checked over 5 hours of logs and no "kicks" from warder.  Anyone else seeing this?

Xarilok

Yes, this beast was using a ViC and something less OH, not sure what.  So, yes, it was thier warder kicking.

Also, max hit was 77, so no focus on pet either.

Xarilok

What race are you Tastian?

56 Iksar Scaled Wolf = No kicks, nor any from any previous pets.

Tastian (65 ???) = No Kicks from Sorsha.

Lets get more info

Tastian

Do you have the log of this btw?  Also did you notice the pet kicking at all other than this kill shot?

Xarilok

Well, I am at work right now, but yes, I scrolled up in the hit window, and saw quite a few kicks =/

I will check the log, if I have one (turn /log on the other day, not sure if its still on) and see if I can find the log of the kicks.

Xarilok

Ok, looked around the internet, and there are LOTS of posts/charts on the old BL site that lists the KICK amount for the warder, and lists it as being different than the bash amount, so I can say that warders of all types at least DID kick.

Tastian

Yeah, like I said focused pets used to start kicking, but they no longer do.  I haven't seen my pet kick in forever.  It's not something I've been looking for, but it's been months of parsing lots of beastlords and I've just never seen it.  That's why I'd really like to see your log and then if nothing else I can go test it out and see if it happens more.

Coprolith

Haven't seen Snapjaw kick ever in 2 years of logs. Last time i checked his melee output was just 2 weeks ago, no kicks whatsoever.

Are you absolutely sure it was "XXXXX's warder" and not "XXXXX" who did the kicking?

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)