Main Menu

Pet DPS

Started by wolverine9981, August 26, 2004, 03:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolverine9981

Is there a list anywhere that shows our pet DPS as we get new pets.  I am looking especially for the lvl 49 pet.

wolverine9981
wolverine9981 - 58 - Beastlord - The Tribunal

WOW:
Bainee   - level 52 Shaman - Aggramar
Anduhar - level 48 Hunter    - Aggramar

wolverine9981

That is their max damage per hit I am looking for their DPS.

wolverine9981

WOW:

Tardar

Look at that link and check under "Damage"

wolverine9981

Ok it bites for 49 and bashes for 17.  Now who can answer my question as to the DPS of the lvl 49 pet.

wolverine9981

WOW:

Barbii

There are too many variables involved to give you one number per pet.

Tastian posted this in another thread:

Quote**SPECIAL NOTE** The figure assumes ~60 dps from pet as base. This will vary based on focus item and how much pet is tanking/rogueing and what you are fighting.

...and that statement is accurate. Your pet's dps will vary widely based on positioning, mob type, focus items, weapons, AAs, and other complicating factors. 60 is a nice starting point for SoSorsha, but your number really will vary widely.

Edit: and 60dps obviously won't apply to the level 49 pet at all.
Astran, 100 Beastlord of Pain and Glory, Vox server

Oneiromancer

It depends on the buffs on the pet...whether the pet is in "rogue" position or if it's tanking...what weapons it has been given...many variables, as Barbii said.  Probably the best bet is to hope that some of our parsing beastlords were doing their parses as they were levelling up and they saved them up and are willing to evaluate them for you.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Coprolith

This thread has a graph showing the "natural" dps of my warder during xp sessions from L55 to L64.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

a_moss_snake_001

The only thing we can guarantee about our warder dps is that he doesn't do enough in the higher end of play :)

Iskandar

Mahes posted some general dps observations in the "Warder Focus Items" sticky ( http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=380 ) if that's what you're looking for. But like everyone says, it's very variable.
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Kherash

QuoteThe only thing we can guarantee about our warder dps is that he doesn't do enough in the higher end of play

I'm hoping that will change with OOW.
Kejah
75 Vah Shirl Beastlord
Prexus
SpiritWalker Guild

Chance favors the prepared mind.
Louis Pasteur

Cathartic

With Minion of Eternity, Warder Alacrity 4, and Warder Crits 5 my 64 pet does a solid 80 dps.  Parsed for almost 4 hours in a vxed trial.  It was pretty consistant and varied little, wether he was attacking from front or back.  Thats fully buffed with ios, arags, relic, and spiritual vigor.  I wouldnt call 80 dps weak in high end game.  Only real problem our warders have in high end content is dieing from large AEs too much.  Just got my Kizash boots gonna bust out some parsing and see what he can do now.  =)

Cathartic