Main Menu

OoW warders?

Started by Yingoku, September 15, 2004, 02:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yingoku

How are they? Do they the same? Anything different?

Rhaynne

Give it a week or so for people to get the levels and the spells.

Essant

Just picked up the 68 pet last night.  Havent had a chance to do much testing yet but here's what I know so far:

1) Warder is cons level 63 with DPoC foci.
2) Warder hits for max 90 with DPoC foci.

No idea on hitpoints and havent tested yet without foci.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Hzark

LUCY lists the symbol of ancient summoning (Minion of Eternity) within the 68 pet summon spell description.

Does this mean that if you summon it with Minion of Eternity it will not be any better than without focus?
Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=688699

Tastian

No, that's the exact same way all of our other pets are listed too.

DocMoriarty

I cast mine with DPoC

hits for 70
crits 150
bash - don't pay attention
hitpoints ~6500 self buffed with Focus, SS
hitpoints ~8500 with Focus, SS and Conviction (new cleric hp buff)
awesome regen with DPoC, didnt time it but its somewhere 10-15 ticks to heal it up from low hp when idle.

Spirit of Irionu (new 68 pet proc)
stuns mobs up to level 70 for 1.5 secs + 190 cold dd
gets you some more aggro than our older pet proc.

I still think we should have got our new warders level 67 and 69 (or 70), waiting till 68 is a tad harsh for a pet class, since the new pet stuff is actually our first real improvement in OOW. Same for at least one nuke, we get both at 69 and 70, nothing 66-68 and Chimera Blood is pretty much worthless due bad mana efficiency for a DoT (roughly 1:3), only good as taunt and slow and incap does the job for less mana.

Gorgul
68-224
Morden Rasp

Zyvox.

with Dpoc, and Spirit if I, pet max hits for 90.  Throw on Infusion, and our 67 focus, tanking is significantly improved.  from our last pet to this pet, there sure seems to me to be an awfully big increase in pet quality.

cougerofeq

Max hits and HPs sound good - hopfully once parsed the dps and avoidance/mitigation are good too as they are harder to see but more important.

zaab

Got my 70 pet tonite.  /cons lvl 67 and hits for max of 105 with RS.

Choppin

how much for with growl ? 110 ?
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

zaab

That is with growl and iriona.  Will head over to murkglider's cave tomorrow morning and try unbuffed, with arag's and Rellic.

One thing I have noticed is that Protection of Calliav is now kinda useless.  The light blue spectral wolves in ME (got my drop on second named.  Only 12 hours camping)  eat it up in about 5 seconds.  Also, it seems the HP is way below Sorsha.  Didn't have Alladnu long enough to do any usefull stuff.  If I can, will see how much lay hands does on both pets.  This is with the Ritual Summoning focus from the qvic slippers.

Grymlok

Last time I checked, Calliav only absorbs 3 hits.

The Berserker: Foecussed

zaab

Sorry, was confusing my cleric's Bulwark of Vie...

3 hits at 15 each makes it not worth casting.  Gonna have to go back and search for calliav info here.

Tastian

PoC is a hit rune hehe.  Will soak nuke, melee hit, DS all the same hehe.  In some spots its not worth it and in others like mobs with big DD AEs it's really nice.  The omens upgrade bumps it up from absorbing 3 to absorbing 4 hits.

Dakat

enjoyed an all ranged group in WoS yesterday.  We had a cleric, enchie, mag, wiz, ranger, and myself.  We used my pet to tank, along with mage pet.  My pet kept agro the entire time over all the nukes and arrows.  Pet did have mage weapons and had NDT on him though so that should have helped some.  Anyways, I enjoyed the exp greatly.  The pet with a regular virtue on and my buffs had at least 7600hp (rough estimate). Pet's health was around 30% ish and cleric performed a critical heal for 7100hp and it did not competely heal pet. Maybe because pet was still being hit and you know how that goes. Anyways thought it was cool and wanted to share my experience.