Main Menu

Pet buffs?

Started by zerole, September 05, 2006, 03:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerole

Tried locating a post on this topic in here and couldn't find one.  As I'm leveling up, I'm starting to get a few stat buffs and was wondering which, if any, are beneficial to the warder?

Do any of these have an effect on the warder, or is it simply the proc buff and haste?

Tardar

Dex helps your pet proc.  HP help your pet live.  Stamina buffs have no effect. 

Kanan

strength helps damage an incredibly miniscule amount.

Dex increases the prox rate by about the same.

Hp buffs are good things.

Our atk/hp buff helps a miniscule amount too.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Vidyne

Most of the proc line of buffs come with 75 dex,   as far as was ever parsed, after that point, dex helped the pet very little.

The same is generally true for str and atk after haste.

AC may help it a good bit im not sure.

Stamina does not help it at all
Wisdom does not help it at all
Agility im not sure.

At least thats from memory.

fanliorel

Stamina doesn't help pets?  How lame, I was looking forward to my wife getting the first stamina spell to buff up our pets hps a bit, too  :-(
Elbereth Gilthoniel 61st Bard of The Combine
Muse Elbereth Gilthoniel 70th Bard of Cazic Thule
Sekmeht 65th Magician of Cazic Thule

Tastian

Stamina does nothing at all.

Atk has less of an effect, but still helps, ditto for strength.

Dex does help, even with the 75 innate on the procs.  Last I recall infusion + dex from proc was putting warder at the cap.

AC does help, so does giving warder armor.

Agility might help, but god dang it's hard to parse it "helping" players lol, I don't even want to think about trying to parse it on warders.  lol

*shrugs*

Timberghost

Well, your pet picks up raid buffs anyway cause of the group affinity AA.  I have to say that even if it's a PITA to quantify, my kitty lives a lot longer cause of it.

Other than that, I just hit my kitty with Unparaleled Voracity and my epic proc.  You don't need to do a whole lot to make the pets hit hard and fast.

Get your ornate pants as soon as you can.  Think level 55.  The Sha's Ferocity clickie on them is nice.  It's an 85% haste, 100 STR, 60 AC and 60 ATK.  That compares really nicely even to the haste on Unparaleled Voracity, the level 73 pet buff.  Same 85% haste. 

As you grow, your pet buffs will get more of the important things, AC, ATK and a damage mod.

As far as chasing down a shammy to buff your pet, nah, self buff it, but you won't see enough difference to make chasing shammy buffs for it worth while.

BTW if you do get a really nicely buffed pet you want to keep over night before you get the persistent minion AA, just shroud up.  It'll save your pet, buffs, pet toys and everything till you unshroud.

rhaug

for dps purposes i always give warder two mage weapons 1hb or hth or piercer
the proc from tss is 255 dmg i think mostly i use fire or cold depending on where i fight, magic seems more resisted

and i give 20 procent haste mask lower version is 11 procent haste
and a armour bag with belt etc
and sometimes a focus items back they told me the hp also goes towards pet
from rings etc

if my pet has weapons and haste mask and armour i can keep him for days if i dont die
just shoot a cleric for a tenacity
and i am good to go

sometimes i ask ranger atk buffs and chanter haste for more atk but not sure if that makes so much difference seems to help a bit

when i do nameds i hit the pet block spell and let it tank a second to get slow off