Main Menu

Slowing down at 36

Started by Zolth, August 05, 2004, 11:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zolth

I have recently made level 36 and things are certainly slowing down. I was able to get fast xp in MSeru and SK at the gnoll spires to 36 but now I am noticing that my pet just doesn't pack the punch he used to.

I spent my life savings on a pair of SCHW (I am down to like 100 plat) and the haste seems to be helping, hopefully it will be able to carry me through to 39 in OT and FM. I have not tried DSP but may also give that a shot.

Any other sugestions for places that an un-twinked BST can get some mid 30's xp?

My two trophy pieces of gear are a tree weave and the SCHW. For weapons I have a PSU and a fallen froggy scepter. Most the rest is coterie and I am saving up to replace my jagged bands with plat fire opal rings.

Oneiromancer

Dawnshroud Peaks should be soloable in your 30's...I remember dinging 39 solo there.  Gunthak should be okay also, especially because there is now the Hot Spot experience bonus in the LoY zones.  LDoNs are also great experience at that level if you enjoy grouping...that's mostly how I got through my 30's and 40's.

High 30's just suck until you get your pet at 39...and then the mid-high 40's suck again until 49, although some of the 44 spells help to offset that slightly.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Taiglin

Gunthak beach as mentioned would be good and is where I spent my time. Might also want to check out places like Great Divide with the Tizwhatevers. Crystal Caverns might be decent but is a deal where you should head down to the dorf city and fight from there vs try the orcs at the top. Might get hairy. Mid thirties might be a good time to check out the giant fort in FM. Decent drops (vendor) plus the xp would probably be decent. At 39 with new pet I would head Ten Mountains and fight in the grimling cave closest to Katta. Bring many open slots to keep the vendor loot (very nice).

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

JillieMT

I agree with Oneiromancer: just hit Dawnshroud right in the middle and kill all zelniaks you see. It is BBOORRIINNGG, but trust me, stick it out and just kill nonstop and 39 will come.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Zolth

Thanks everyone! I dinged 37 in DSP last night and will tough out the rest of 37-39 there. I can't wait for my level 39 pet :)

Mneumenth

Crystal Caverns

Cavern Crawlers near the bridges to the spiders will take you to 39.
Mneumenth
"When you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherf@#$er in the room...Accept no substitute."

Zolth

Thank you Mneumenth, the only thing that makes me nervous is that the Velious mobs tend to hit pretty hard and my gear isn't the greatest. So even the DSP mobs (large zelinaks) frequently beat me down to 60%. My defense isn't maxed yet for 37 so I am tanking a bit more than I should. Kitty thinks he's on vacation and efficiancy is out the window.

Do you think that a poorly geared BST can do CC using the 34 DD to kill runners? Also how is the cash there? I am noticing that my gear is lagging behing and two more full levels in DSP is not likely to help that out much.

Mneumenth

Tell the truth, I dont recall about money.  If you want cash wait till the new petat 39 and spend a couple levels killing Geos in the tunnel at the zone out of CC...you'll be rolling in dough.

The only thing to do is to test it out.  Zone into CC from EW...Lev/Camo, drop down to the ground floor...then pass through Dorf city.

As you enter a large cavern you will see the little river/pond, on either side you will see a crawler near the entrance take the one on your left.  There shouldnt be an add, just fall back into the tunnel.  That one will not kill you.  You should be able to judge from there how effective you will be.

Im sorry I cant give you a better handle on it.  Im fortunate to have a fairly advanced older toon who bequeathed Mneu a substantial "inheritance" so I went with some decent gear.  I think you'll  find the Luclin mobs you've been fighting had more hps than the Velious ones.

Try the method above, I think you'll be fine.  Once you kill the first, loop around the room killing in a circle.  Should be able to clear just fine before re-pop and if you do better than you think, move further in.  I was able to clear all the crawlers and the spiders under the inner bridge, before repops.  Have to be very careful of the spiders they will bring adds.

Stick to the crawlers and you'll be fine.

GL to you and come back to let us know you do.

/salute
Mneumenth
"When you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherf@#$er in the room...Accept no substitute."

Hereki

He means tentacle terrors, not velium crawlers - at least, I am pretty sure that he does.

In CC, easiest mobs are the orcs, then TTs, spiders and geos.  Problem with spider is that you usually get multiples, which makes them harder.

When orcs run, they go fairly fast.  I did some duos there low 30s, which worked out ok.  34+ would have been just fine on orcs or TTs.

Your best bet is to work to get to 39 anyhow, and forget about gear upgrades until then.  Beastlords aren't very gear dependent at these levels, as we get a much higher proportion of our dps from spells and pet than any other hybrid.

The longer you spend at 37/38 the worse it will seem.

Saab

Hey Zolth...

I dinged 37 at dsp too. Last night I thought I would try some GD. Wolves are no problem, but rather social, so have to gank em to a nice off the path spot, which makes it all a lil slower, as running in GD ( snow ) even with sow is slow. For the hell of it, I tried a yellow Giant Beserker...as yellows in dsp are solable...not that there  are any more..any ways..forget it...the giants 1) pet can not tank them..they just kept going to me no matter what, plus they hit 100+, and fast, and my lil 11% slow did diddly...

So, think Ill try the Tiz's, or go back to DSP. Oh yea..I tried a white con ancient shard wurm too....  RUN!  no way on that d00d either...

Man, I wish we had more than just 8 spells up at a time...not enough imho

Hereki

Drowsy will be slowing for somewhere in the 15-20% range at that level.  Not up to shaman standards, but well worth the mana cost.  Shaman and enchanter slows are both around 40% at that level - for 5 times the mana.

Saab

40% for 5x the mana...I didn't realize..

I did try some Tizmaks last night, easy enough. Feral Bears too, and even the Young Shardwurms..all over towards the velks entrance, but to the right as you head there. Made a mistake tho, got too many adds...Run Forrest RUN!

Daarr

Let's see if I can remember that far back.

Dawnshroud Peaks will be good until 39 or so. You'll be amazed at how quickly you'll kill with that new pet. After that you can head to Echo Caverns. Start off with the underbulks then move to gnomes. You can easily get to 52 there.
Daarr
Shards of Time
Saryrn Server

Mneumenth

Quote from: HerekiHe means tentacle terrors, not velium crawlers - at least, I am pretty sure that he does.

In CC, easiest mobs are the orcs, then TTs, spiders and geos.  Problem with spider is that you usually get multiples, which makes them harder.

When orcs run, they go fairly fast.  I did some duos there low 30s, which worked out ok.  34+ would have been just fine on orcs or TTs.

Your best bet is to work to get to 39 anyhow, and forget about gear upgrades until then.  Beastlords aren't very gear dependent at these levels, as we get a much higher proportion of our dps from spells and pet than any other hybrid.

The longer you spend at 37/38 the worse it will seem.

Indeed I do...hehe sorry about that slip.  Terrors are the ones.  Spiders once you get more comfortable with the zone.
Mneumenth