Main Menu

DSP Zelniak Question

Started by Nekokirei, August 17, 2004, 06:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nekokirei

I've been soloing the two shroom camps just to the right and left of the Sanctus entrance, but at 36, the little fungi are spawning mostly lite blue.  I figure it's time to move to the middle of the zone and start thwacking the Zelniaks in earnest.

My question, are these critters social?  I've only had the chance to take on one at a time as where I've camped doesn't have a lot of them running around for me to get a "oh, lookie, an add" or "whew! they don't add" feel.  Iv'e tried doing searches and keep coming up w/conflicting answers.  Further, as I've just freshly arrived at 36 (go me!), I'm none too keen to experiment by jumping in the middle of a mosh pit and end up freshly returned to level 35. :)

On a side note, many thanks for all the folks who've trailblazed DSP--no way I could've hit my level w/o you folks sharing your wisdom, experiences, and encouragement.

ps love the fact the "blood-starved wolves" /c amiable to me.  :D
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Oneiromancer

To the best of my memory, Zelniaks in DSP are not social.  Ravage them to your heart's content.  Just watch out for lightcrawlers, they will wander into that area also I believe.  Don't think there are any stonegrabbers in there.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

JillieMT

I *vaguely* remember using FoL on the large zelniaks to control adds but that might have been lightcrawlers...  My guess: yes, I think the large version are social...

I guess you can just go try em out, that is always the best way to discover anything. :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Tardar

There are some Zels that are KOS, something like "Enraged Zelniak" or something like that.  Check Alla's beastiary for that zone.  Also be careful of the Lightcrawlers, they will attack.

Dakat

there are 3 kinds of zels. Zelniaks, Large Zelniaks and 'named' Zelniaks.

The first 2 are not social. For a Vah Shir beastlord, they are amiable.  So when you are fighiting one, another can walk over you and not agro.

The wolfs are social. If you attack one, another comes in range it will agro.

The 'named' zels are kos to all PCs. So no matter if your fighting anything, if it sees you it will attack you regardless. However, they are rare and are of high level. Run to the zone if one comes unless you are prepared.

Mneumenth

Also,

The named Wolves are KOS to you, as well.  Lightcrawlers are a pain, so keep FoL memmed and you'll be ok.
Mneumenth
"When you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherf@#$er in the room...Accept no substitute."

Nekokirei

After reading the posts, I jumped into the middle of the zone and went to town on the Zels.  Haven't had  named aggro me yet, but have dutifully noted the warnings and keep FoL loaded up.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm