Main Menu

Upper Guk easy exp for early 30's

Started by mojo892, January 24, 2004, 02:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojo892

I was in a group in HHK at really early morning when the group disbanded so I figured I would start soloing.  I was thinking I can get some good loot over in Lower Guk so I headed over there.  I haven't killed any frogs yet so I am still dubious to the upper guk frogs.  Anyway as I was running through here I remembered about the Ancient croc.

You have to swim to get to this camp.  It's labeled number 2 on EQatlas map of upper guk.

Now ancient croc wasn't up when I got here.  If the ancient croc isn't up there can be anywhere from 1-5 saltwater crocs instead.  These things will be KOS, but if you pull one they will not help each other.  I slow them and just let my warder fight them.  After killing 2 crocs he will only be down to 80%!  You can get around 1 blue bub per kill.

No faction hits, ancient croc loot is ok unless you are twinked then you will laugh at it.

The camp is on a 16 minute timer.  Now some people will get too bored of this camp, but I like it for a few reasons.  Exp is really good per kill and easy.  Also for swimming.  After clearing the camp I can stick my beastlord in the water looking up with auto run on and come back 15 minutes later and have 30 skillups on swimming.  After you max out swimming you can work on those skills you have been neglecting from so much easy exp in PC or HHK.  I know that my alteration is the most used skill but even that one is behind.

NoxCruor

I'll have to remember this.  The AC camp in Guk is one I hadn't thought of in forever.  And you're absolutely right about it.  Though you do have to worry about wandering crocs in the water when you practice swimming.  Are you sure they can be single pulled with slow, and the others won't agro?
Khillarri
Dark Beastlord Outcast of Shar Vahl
Sworn Protector of the Nox`Cruor Clan
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor

Hereki

He's right.  You can single pull from the camp anyway you like; unless you are standing on top of another, it won't aggro.  Note that they WILL aggro if you are standing on another one; they aren't indifferent, just have a very short aggro radius.

You get just under 4 spawns per hour of 1 to 4 (or 5, don't remember) crocs, and a near-Paludal ZEM (same as High Keep, I believe).  This is really great exp when you get 4 x 5 crocs, but not so good when you get 4 x 1 croc.  The other catch is that they take off running into the water when low, and fast.  It can be a pain to catch them and kill them in good time; the 34 nuke helps a lot with this.  The different type of crocs in the water (swampwater as opposed to saltwater) are indifferent, and won't aggro.

NoxCruor

Quote from: HerekiThis is really great exp when you get 4 x 5 crocs, but not so good when you get 4 x 1 croc.

Please explain what you mean here.  I didn't quite understand you.  And is the respawn time that big?  I mean, I know this zone is Old World, but I thought they revamped the spawn time in guk for some of the mobs?
Khillarri
Dark Beastlord Outcast of Shar Vahl
Sworn Protector of the Nox`Cruor Clan
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor

Dakat

Think he was referring to how many crocs there are per person in the area.  Exp definately is better when theres 1 person to 5 crocs then 5 people to 5 crocs.

Hereki

At the ancient croc spawn, the respawn time is approx 18-20 minutes.  You kill them all, and 20 minutes later have some more to kill.  So every 20 mins, you get from 1 to 5 new crocs.  The other crocs in the area will all be green, btw, so you can't rely on them.

In a bad hour, you might get 3 crocs; total exp/hr - not a lot.  In a good hour, you might have 15 crocs, in low 30s might give you 40% of a level.

I had one character a long time ago who did all of level 42 at this spawn, when they were light blue.  It took forever.  The reason was that I wanted the ancient croc leggings, and that was how long it took for the damn thing to spawn for me.