Main Menu

Beastial Fury Disc & Lion's Strength Stacking Woes

Started by Sigrah, October 12, 2004, 12:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigrah

Found out much to my disappointment tonight that Beastial Fury does not stack with Lion's Strength.  In fact, Lion's Strength was immediately dispelled when I activated Beastial Fury.  Seems really silly to lose a buff that lasts 2 hours (well, for my druid anyways) for a disc that lasts 30 seconds give or take.  Coding error or intentional?
Sigrah The Beast
Level 70 Beastlord
Bertoxxulous Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=566996

Shrouded

I don't have BA because of the reports on these boards, but I would guess that it is a coding error if it completely takes off Lion's Strength.  Worst case scenario is that they stack but you only get the effects from BA while it is active.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Oneiromancer

Bestial Fury is the discipline that we get at level 60, that pretty much everyone has.  You're thinking of Bestial Alignment, the AA we get from GoD that makes us look like our warders for a short time.  It does seem odd that a discipline would overwrite a buff, though...perhaps Sigrah did mean BA?

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Dummkopf

No, the disc indead overwrites the buff in this case, both have a damage modifier so it could be some stacking problems with them.

Grymlok

Check the current changes on Lucy.  Looks like this problem is going to be fixed with the patch tonight.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Tastian

Yeah it should be fixed now.  I'm still waiting on a fresh copy over to test, so I can't verify atm, but should be fixed.  It was a known problem that many classes had.

Shrouded

Yah I misread, sorry I only sleep like 2-3 hours a night.  Still, though, any stacking issues with anything that we have are not intended.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

negrismorte

<< feels like a goof.

I read this post yesterday (prepatch), went home, logged in, ran around for a while, someone cast this on me and I was like cool, got to my hunt spot, had a double pull and hit BF ... 2 sec later, I smacked my head when I saw the missing buff.