Main Menu

Bare with me on this please...

Started by Tastian, May 19, 2006, 02:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

Sigh, okies I need some help.  I'm working on various "questions" that sorta fit into the question of the week thingy people have been talking about.  The questions should be fairly brief and to the point, but they cannot:

1)  Deal with spells
2)  Deal with AA

It appears specific itemization questions such as PoR BP clicky is out as well.  With those stipulations in mind please post questions and I'll see what I can do. 

PS.  I don't usually say it, but I'm tired and I'm barely hanging on so please don't shoot the messenger on this.  If you don't have a specific question that fits the criteria send me your comments directly or start a different thread.  I am going to try to keep this on topic as possible, but I understand some will take issue with the limitations.  *shrugs*

Merescata

Well Tas..with those parameters,

maybe the graphic of the Epic 1.0 being backwards on one hand?  I'm not even sure it's still backwards

Sorry to say with the limits I cannot think of much else, but i'll bet other folks can do it.

Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Tastian

I hope so, I'm at a bit of a loss myself atm.  *shrugs*

I've thought about "pet focus" effects coming in short of the other focuses for where they are aquired.

Thought about the bugged iksar warder graphic

Troll warder is an issue lots have that might fit

That's about all I could think of originally though.  Thanks for the reply and if others have ideas please feel free to PM/e-mail/etc. me.  8)

Shamno

NVM someone already posted along this line :(

Tiroon

I know you asked at least twice already but withing the given parameters it might be worth pestering them some more plus with the last patch I feel the situation has changed somewhat. The question would be something along those lines:

What are your plans for Beastlord mitigation?

Beastlords mitigation has now been singled out twice for a whack with the nerf bat. Once by design together with Monks - but the Monk nerf was undone. The second time not by design but by omission when recently every class that is supposed to survive some hits had either the soft cap adjusted, their mitigation over the cap increased or both.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Nusa

This is borderline spell area, so slap me if this doesn't fly:

Pet autotargeting should be abolished and pet targeting not required in many obvious cases. Assuming the answer is "no", then the autotargeting should correctly set the previous target, so we can tab back to our real target rather than having to retarget or assist the pet.

Thaeliun

Sorry to hear that you are so tired Tastian.  Please take care of yourself, we need to keep you around safe and sound.

I have thought hard about this in hopes of coming up with some good suggestions.  Given the criteria, I think the issue of mitigation as brought up by Tiroon is right on the mark. 

Although watching Bodegah tank makes it seem like we don't  need it, I would like to know what the vision for casual BSTs is.  Is the upper end casual content where SOE wants it to be for BSTs?  The difference between a 12K HP/2k AC bst with 70 avoidance and a 9k HP/1300 AC bst with 20 avoidance is staggering. 

While I firmly agree that there should be a wide difference between raid geared and casual, (Anyone who puts in the time and effort to get that level of gear deserves to be rewarded IMHO) I also would like to know if casual geared bsts are on track with what SOE intends for us in regards to tanking capability.

jitathab

Whatever happened to throwing for BST's? when ranged fights occur we cant use warders due to they die to quick, can only do something we not allowed to talk (nukes) about every 30 seconds and dots (oops casnt talk about that either) are hard to land. Our DPS on those fights its pathetic. AE ramp mobs reduce us to spectators.

However just about every other mellee class can still do significant damage, monks, rangers and especially rogues have significant dps from throwing.

Sharrien

I'll try to bare with you Tast, but do we really have to disrobe? :b

Seriously, I'll throw my support behind the question about mitigation.  We are a melee class that also buffs, so I think we should take hits like monks instead of like druids.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Kanan

I hope pet's don't count for spells, but is there something in the works to give pets better survivability on raids, esp vs AE ramp?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Grbage

Kanan beat me to it. I'm also worried about pet survivability and just not on raids. Two points of concern outside of raid for me.

-There now seems to be more lag between when you send a command like /pet hold and the pet actually responds to it. At times it appears to be 5-6 seconds if not more before my pet acts. This is probably related to the same issue I see where you can tag a mob then run back to camp prior to seeing a hit message and the mob responding. Mainly I see this when screwing around on my young alts.

-Second issue is our pets need help surviving in current content. They do quite well against 2yr+ content but they are not even a speed bump to todays 70+ xp mobs most of us fight on a regular basis. Guess that is back to our repeated calls of making pets scale better.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Sariss Bloodscale

The one thing I can think of that hasn't already been mentioned (iksar warder freeze =( )is if we could make /pet hold a toggled effect similar to /pet focus.  Having to spam it after every single kill just seems unneccesary.  Even if it's just for while you're in the zone (again, like pet focus), it would make things like pulling and grouping less complicated.

I know it's an AA thing, but it's really more a mechanical thing than a 'omg this AA is teh broken'

Another option would be to see if we could get numerical results for pet procs?  I think it'd go a good way toward a better understanding of how focus effects, et al, work.

Tastian

Some ideas I think fit, and I really really appreciate the tone of everyone.  Just in one of those lulls I think, so trying to work through it.  *shrugs*

I know that almost every issue except for mitigation has been touched on by a dev to me fairly recently.  I'll try to break the questions down a bit so they can be answered better.  Please keep posting suggestions here, but early next week I'll probably try to throw up a few suggestions and see where people are at then.  8)

Kanan

Only prob I'd see with your hold toggle Sarriss, is that some devs might call that something along the lines of "automating" the pet.  I know I read somewhere they're ded set against it.  /chuckle.. and I don't want it, cuz I'd have abt as much trouble training myself to not hit that hotkey as I would with my kick hotkey ;p  seriously tho, it would be useful.  I guess I just really wish focus wouldn't reset hold.  That's just so bloody annoying tbh.  And I never understood the reasoning behind it either, if its just a coding issue or what.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Nusa

Speaking of /pet focus, I'd like to see state-setting versions of the command as well as the existing toggle. Such as "/pet focus on" and "/pet focus off". I can't count how many times I've toggled focus twice just to make sure my pet was focused.