Main Menu

What am I doing wrong?!

Started by Tigrah, January 06, 2007, 06:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiroon

Quote from: Tigrah on January 11, 2007, 03:48:46 PM
Why? I was always told to put the fastest weapon in the main hand.

There should have been more explanation in my post - sorry about that.

I made my post with the thread's question firmly in mind. To me soloing is very much a question of balance between being able to tank and to do damage. The way your weapons are set I figured you'd get something like five dps more at the cost of having a heal incomming every 20 seconds instead of every 10 seconds. In my book hat's a bum deal, especially for someone who has some AA's invested in healing improvements.

So for now and for soloing (and just for soloing) I'd switch weapons.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Tigrah

haha, guess my magelo is out of date... I just replaced my bone studded hoop and added a +50, and a +60 hp/mana/endur aug to the equation. I'll update my magelo today... can't remember what else is in severe need of upgrades, I know the earring was/is. Guess I never thought about switching the weapons for soloing.

Quote from: rdahl on January 11, 2007, 06:18:37 PM
QuoteWhy? I was always told to put the fastest weapon in the main hand

This a GENERAL rule, along with high damage in secondary.  Always use the damage parser to validate your selection.

Quote from: hokarz on January 12, 2007, 01:49:16 AM
I'd take that CS4 aug out of the mace, and put in another lifetap aug. If your soloing, you don't need the aggro proc and would benefit more from another heal proc and if you are in a group, you don't want aggro, anyway. Get the improved bestial frenzy aa's as soon as you can, too. They make a big differrence in how fast the mobs die :)

I don't know how to understand the damage parcers... i have eqwatcher which tells me my dps... but not entirely sure what you are talking about. And I tank a lot of late, some classes seem to want agro from the kitty tank... so I added the agro proc for when I was tanking. originally I had the mace in a switch out tanking weapon, but it proved to be superior to the skymaul overall.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Tigrah

I just updated my gear on magelo manually. for some reason I am a premium customer, but it's not letting me use the syncronize option of the updater.... oh well, I'll catch the aa's and such up later.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.