Main Menu

Level 75 hunting spot

Started by Gunzak, August 13, 2007, 09:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kherash

I don't solo too much (I'm always grouped), but I have solo in WoS (murk caves), BoT, and Sunderrock.

Keep in mind i'm 75 btw and can max out to 16k HP with all buffs.

Sunderrock has best exp out of the three, but the mobs do hit hard.

WoS is fast killing, but exp is slow (about 3-4% AA per kill).

BoT is same as WoS. I like BoT only because of the mob ratio (lots to kill).

Any other spots to solo??
Kejah
75 Vah Shirl Beastlord
Prexus
SpiritWalker Guild

Chance favors the prepared mind.
Louis Pasteur

Thelynxeffect

I have recently been soloing my way through the hand aug quest in the buried sea zone.  This is the first time I have soloed properly for a long time now as have been grouping, raiding or tradeskilling and I found that on the suncrest isle it is a reasonable solo spot (I have so far worked on monkey isle redfeather isle and maiden's grave).

On Suncrest there are 5/6 distinct areas of mobs 1/2 raptors basilisks and tigers 3 blue drakes 4 red drakes 5 blue gobbos (most underwater) 6 red gobbos.

I have yet to find a mob on this isle that summons and for the most part can solo even yellow con named mobs (dreadclaw) as a self buffed 13k beastie.

The aa xp per kill is between 8-12% which I think is quite good.

A couple of observations to assist peeps - keep lev and sow running at all times if things go pear shaped then run away till you drop aggro.  The blue drakes (cant remember if this is true of the red drakes) will debuff you on average 2 buffs a mob - I find this tedious and thus wouldnt bother with them unless you needing the kills for a quest update.  Aggro radius are for the most part small thus single pulls easy to get.  Most mobs run at low health therefore hobble is useful.  Promised Mending is great - I tend to tank mob till im around 40/50% health then back off to heal up and let fluffy take a spanking then as I charge back in i cast PM on pet and re tank mob then later if i need to back off and heal again fluffy is fully healed and ready to go.  Finally invis is your friend for scoping out the mobs but care as some do see through invis.

Bumkus

I prefer Oozes in direwind for solo xp.  I'll get 1.7AA per LoTD, if Il fire LoTD as first mob is bout to die.  (Each mob is good for 9% aaxp at 75 without LoTD)

Enough of the oozes are single pulls that I don't have to wait on repops.  I can solo the named ooze if he gets in the way, but it takes a full mana bar.

I fire Frenzy + Bestial Fury on next mob after starting LoTD.  (Since it is a 25 min refresh, this lets me fire off Fury twice in a single burn of LoTD.)  I'll also fire Frenzy + Bestial alignment at the 1/2 point of LoTD.  (Frenzy has a shorter timer, so I can match it up with both Fury's and the BA)

Oozes do run, so I use pet snare II.  I would not do this camp without pet snare.  Snare also helps the bear get aggro quick, which is important because I have to shuffle in and out to heal, nuke, summon warewolf, etc.

I can generally kill 3 or maybe 4 before needing a med.

For reference:
I'm 75 with max defensive and offensive AA, max mana regen and close to max hp regen.  Endgame GoD bst weap (22/31 or something like that) and 1.5.  I am about 2070AC and 10.5K hp unbuffed.  (I like this camp because I can handle it with self buffs.)

For other melee modifiers, I've got 75 avoidance, ID3, Cleave 5, but no Improved Block and 40% haste

Jowood

At level 75 (badly geared tbh) I find RSS easy, and decent, XP.
Just zone in and whomp every mob in the lobby area, the first couple times you're there you'll probably kill the last in the room as the first respawns, but you'll soon have it down and be killing some of the adjoining rooms before repops.
And yes, the TBS Hand aug quest is definitely a good one, keeps you interested for hours and pretty good XP.

Khauruk

Honestly, I still burn lesson in RSS daily.  I just can't beat it atm.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Mardag

How hard is RSS solo at 75?  I have 17300hp and 2608AC unbuffed and am looking for something besides MPG for easy AA now that I hit 75.

Ciphero

Jowood

I think you'd probably pwn the mobs with that kind of gear.
I barely need my merc (have tried solo a few times and the sitting and regen'ing after the fight isn't really worth it) and I only have 16.5k or so HP when fully buffed. I think if you have 17+k unbuffed then you'll be cool to solo it.
My Ranger soloes 2 at a time there, and he has only just managed to break 18.5k HP unbuffed.

nedoirah

I was doing RSS with a crap box cleric at 75 with 13k hp unbuffed (16-17k self and cleric buffed). It was kind of rough at times but doable.

Mardag

Thank you for your replys I will check it out this weekend.

Mardag

I haven't checked out RSS yet as I found that CoD is crazy fast AA exp.  If the zone is empty I can do 7aa in 30min with lesson here.  The mobs die so fast and the exp is very nice even at 75 that I don't know if this zone can be beat.  Even without lesson its around 6% AA per kill at 75 with around 450AA.

ramelorm

i would  suggest u  DUO with  druid and BST  in Valdeholm .

good  XP
Hot zone

just a suggestion
EQ force multiplier.......BEASTLORDS, the other white meat

kindarring2

CoD? there are quiet a few what one
Gimpbstlord  dam i need to update

Kindo dam i need to update

Orbus1

I agree with Valde..I solo there with lesson and get 4-6 aa's. I normally start clearing the mammoth camp and work out from there going north.

Mardag

Crypt of Decay level 60 hot zone.  All mobs light blue and around 6% AA per kill.  I can do 6-7AA in a 30min lesson there.